The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Finish it off tonight OKC.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    I can't see the East team beating OKC. Durant is on a mission!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • joe2317joe2317 Posts: 151
    Way to go OKC!
    * Oklahoma City Ford Center - Apr 03, 2003
    * Kansas City Sprint Center - May 03, 2010
    * Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    * Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Newch91 wrote:

that's what people were saying after san antonio won the first two in the series..speaking of...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    very rarely does a sweep happen in a confrence finals

lot of poeple have the spurs in the finals, and while they are a very good team, i still wouldn't count out OKC.

heck, take a look at least years playoffs to see what can happen to the spurs. they are very beatable.

Last year?? Are u kidding? Look at the rosters.... No Kawhi, captain Jax, Diaw, etc. plus health changes year to year

You can't say a teams beatable because last years results.... Than why not look at '07 or any other successful year they had to argue they'll win it based on that??

OKC is good, but let's not over react with one game

A series hasn't really started until a team wins on the other teams floor

:corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

that's what people were saying after san antonio won the first two in the series..speaking of...
    Good point.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,776
    ^ wow I picked the wrong team. I never said it was a sure thing. OKC is terrific, SA Played well, OKC is a brand new Porsche vs an '88 Buick...Hats off, Sad for Seattle a bit

Your the one saying last year had something to do with this year. Maybe if your describing chokers like the Heat or the Bulls( woulda lost D. Rose or not). Spurs are the most successful sports franchise since Duncan has been a pro, your analysis simply didnt make sense.

I think SA Also went into OKC In game 3, they treated it like a "house money" game..throw away game. They gave OKC lots of confidence.

Anyone but Lebron would suffice
    CROJAM95 wrote:

this we can agree on :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,776
    81 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

this we can agree on :lol:

The "I'm taking my talents to south beach" and " not 15, but 20 titles" quotes will live in infamy. I hope Boston puts that Tension on Lebron late, and Spoelstra is terrible...no flow to offense

F them is right
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Congratulations to the Thunder. They played fantastic the last 4 games of this series and took care of business. On ward to write history!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    You down with OKC? Yay you know me. :lol:

I was hoping/thinking the Spurs were gonna win but as long as it's a Western Conference team winning the whole thing, i'm down with that.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    You down with OKC? Yay you know me. :lol:

I was hoping/thinking the Spurs were gonna win but as long as it's a Western Conference team winning the whole thing, i'm down with that.

Spurs beat the Jazz, so I pledged to them. OKC beat the Spurs, so they have now captured my support for the remainder of the post-season.

Gotta say, I think Boston takes the game tonight and moves on. OKC & Boston finals... that'll be a tough match-up for the Celtics.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Spurs beat the Jazz, so I pledged to them. OKC beat the Spurs, so they have now captured my support for the remainder of the post-season.

Gotta say, I think Boston takes the game tonight and moves on. OKC & Boston finals... that'll be a tough match-up for the Celtics.

please do not say or do anything that might possibly result in miami going through ... :shock:
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

please do not say or do anything that might possibly result in miami going through ... :shock:

My brother called last night to rub the OKC victory in my face as I was heavily rooting for the Spurs and I told him that I should probably cheer for Miami as it seems that every team I root for ends up failing.

I will now remain quiet to avoid any kind of jinxing.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    My brother called last night to rub the OKC victory in my face as I was heavily rooting for the Spurs and I told him that I should probably cheer for Miami as it seems that every team I root for ends up failing.

I will now remain quiet to avoid any kind of jinxing.

crikey do i hate the heat ... i think durant's quote about respecting the spurs because they "play the right way" is a jab at the flop-squad in miami ...

talking to a co-worker yesterday ...

me: do you follow the nba
    coworker: no
    me: oh
    coworker: but fuck the heat

:lol::lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    wait the spurs lost?

didn't they have like a 20 game winning streak?

had miami lost yet?
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Grit and balls

Good job, good effort
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    OKC has a very good team. pretty obvious...when you make the finals

gonna be interesting regardless of who they play in teh finals. imo, one of their biggest advantages is the ability to put a long armed lock down defender on either rondo or wade.

and when you have Durant and Westbrook, you have two players that can pretty much score at will. I can see OKC beating whatever teams comes out of the east
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    and when you have Durant and Westbrook, you have two players that can pretty much score at will. I can see OKC beating whatever teams comes out of the east
    Same could be said for Wade and LBJ, and we've seen how that turns out. If Grit and Balls can make it to the finals, anything's possible (to paraphrase KJ, as our esteemed mayor called him yesterday)
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    81 wrote:
    Same could be said for Wade and LBJ, and we've seen how that turns out. If Grit and Balls can make it to the finals, anything's possible (to paraphrase KJ, as our esteemed mayor called him yesterday)

yes, for the score at will part.

i don't think miami has the the D guard that OKC has in sefolousa
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    miami has stopped playing team basketball ... especially in the 4th quarter ... they basically running iso plays for LBJ or wade ... you can't win in this league without playing a team concept ...

although OKC have great individual talent in durant, westbrook and harden ... they play team basketball all the way ... you don't see durant dribbling the ball for 10 seconds then throwing a horrible shot up ... westbrook on occasion ...

i really can't believe the C's are even still playing ... they are playing gritty and hard but miami is just awful right now ...
    Nobody plays team basketball more than Grit and Balls. Rondo finds everybody on the court and their passing has been superb overall.

Also, let's not overlook the fact that Doc has coached circles around that doofus standing on the sidelines for Miami. And God willing, he'll do the same for that midget for OKC.
    Nobody plays team basketball more than Grit and Balls. Rondo finds everybody on the court and their passing has been superb overall.

Also, let's not overlook the fact that Doc has coached circles around that doofus standing on the sidelines for Miami. And God willing, he'll do the same for that midget for OKC.

for sure ... the C's are maximizing their output based on coaching, team play and grit ... i said it way earlier in this thread - i think I had Doc number 2 behind Pop for coach of the year ...

and yeah - hopefully, miami will continue to play with their head up their ass and the C's can pull out another win ...
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Lebron is playing well so far but he has a look on his face like he's about to throw up any second. Miami goes on a run every time KG goes to the bench.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Lebron is playing well so far but he has a look on his face like he's about to throw up any second. Miami goes on a run every time KG goes to the bench.

I'm a little behind on the live broadcast, watching it on DVR, but as James walked towards the locker room at the half he looked incredibly unhappy.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    game 7???? :|
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

I'm a little behind on the live broadcast, watching it on DVR, but as James walked towards the locker room at the half he looked incredibly unhappy.

That was his demeanor the whole game, never smiled, never encouraged his teammates, just that blank stare. Maybe he's realizing the rest of his team has sucked lately. But man he got it done, great performance. The rest of the team needs to step up for them to win a championship. Wade took another first half off. Boston is an up and down team, when they're on they look great, but tonight they couldn't throw it in the ocean.

I just like this series for the entertainment and the way these teams hate each other :corn: Keep waiting to see some greatness and tonight was one of the best individual performances I've seen in a while. Saturday should be fun to watch.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
    We didn't want this result, but the fact that we sit here looking at a game 7 on Saturday night is a promising sight. They played like shit tonight. One only need look at Pierce's line to see that. The turnovers were silly in the first half and it never seemed like this team had any rhythm the whole night. They will come back strong Saturday night and the home court advantage has been thrown out the window the last two games, so I think its a coin-flip. I like their chances, despite the result tonight. No way James has the same line Saturday as he did tonight, but the C's MUST be better and quicker at defending him. I counted at least 4 times where he made a cut against Pietrus or KJ for an easy score. That cannot happen if Grit and Balls expect to advance.
    We didn't want this result, but the fact that we sit here looking at a game 7 on Saturday night is a promising sight. They played like shit tonight. One only need look at Pierce's line to see that. The turnovers were silly in the first half and it never seemed like this team had any rhythm the whole night. They will come back strong Saturday night and the home court advantage has been thrown out the window the last two games, so I think its a coin-flip. I like their chances, despite the result tonight. No way James has the same line Saturday as he did tonight, but the C's MUST be better and quicker at defending him. I counted at least 4 times where he made a cut against Pietrus or KJ for an easy score. That cannot happen if Grit and Balls expect to advance.

I agree. Both teams can play good D for stretches when they put forth the effort but the series seems to be going back and forth based on if the shots are falling for Boston. Even with Lebron's crazy performance the Celtics still could have been in this game if any of their guys could have got in a rhythm but all of them struggled on the same night. This is what is great about sports and 7 game series, momentum switches back and forth, now it's game 7 all or nothing. Let's see another OT game in this series on Saturday night :D
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    I can't believe how poorly Boston played last night. With the momentum coming off that huge road win in Miami, they pretty much shit right down their leg. It's hard to see them taking game 7 in Miami.