The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Looks like we got homer refs for game 3 tonight. The fix is on our side it seems for once.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/06/01/t ... aghy-mask/

I hope the crowd is completely swarmed with these.

sometimes things are unbalanced without a consipirarcy....however in this case the techs were pretty crappy.

the foul on rondo when he and james were both going for a loose ball was a joke. that's a no call or a foul on james.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    sometimes things are unbalanced without a consipirarcy....however in this case the techs were pretty crappy.

the foul on rondo when he and james were both going for a loose ball was a joke. that's a no call or a foul on james.

I hear you, but considering the past (most notably the 2002 WCF) it's hard to think that this is just simply unbalanced.

I'm still pissed about Wade shovign Collison and getting nothing but a foul for it. Are you kidding me? Let's drop the whole "NBA's darling" tag for just one minute and make a call like it should be done. That clearly fits the description of a flagrant 1. Yet Thabo got a flagrant last night for hitting Manu in the chin in what appeared to be inadvertent contact.

I sent an email to the league (not expecting anything to come of it) via their website that was pretty blunt and I got the most cookie-cutter, piece of shit response back. :lol: :x

Either the majority of these refs are in on something, or too many of them need evaluations.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    i caught that chin music foul too....that was not a flagrent.

nba refs are a joke.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    nba refs are a joke.

So true.

At times they make the refs in the rec league I play in look like polished professionals. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:

Definitely not in my eyes. Thabo just brought his arm up in bad timing and connected with Manu, it's just what can happen when playing basketball. But shoving a player? What the fuck kind of play is that?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

Definitely not in my eyes. Thabo just brought his arm up in bad timing and connected with Manu, it's just what can happen when playing basketball. But shoving a player? What the fuck kind of play is that?

100%
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Coach Thibs was on EEI today talking about how the D is coming out tonight and Sunday
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • What an ugly game for the Spurs. Oh well - a loss is not too suprising after their run but still disappointing.

As I said before OKC is the one team that makes me a more than a little nervous.

Hope they adjust for tomorrows game, otherwise it will be a looong series.

Go Spurs!
    What an ugly game for the Spurs. Oh well - a loss is not too suprising after their run but still disappointing.

As I said before OKC is the one team that makes me a more than a little nervous.

Hope they adjust for tomorrows game, otherwise it will be a looong series.

Go Spurs!

Typically, SA comes back to redeem themselves from a poor loss like that. But like you have implied, OKC isn't the type of team to just get outplayed, especially on their own floor.

I swear they're a completely different team with that home court advantage. Well, not completely, but they're much scarier at home.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Nice start to the game so far :thumbup:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    God do I fucking hate the Heat. Irrational sports hatred is so much fun.
    ...aaannnd we're back!!!!

This game is so fixed. The refs had our back the whole night. I loved the result, but it's still so fixed.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I found this funny on barstool tonight

540187_10150871636549032_2046843804_n-480x242.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I found this funny on barstool tonight

540187_10150871636549032_2046843804_n-480x242.jpg
    :lol: At times Joey Crawford also starts for the Heat.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Go Spurs!

A win on the road would be ideal.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427

A Sox fan and Cub fan walk into AmericanAirlines Arena. We both hate the Heat.

A Sox fan and Cub fan walk into AmericanAirlines Arena. We both hate the Heat.
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,776
    OKC wow

More mature than I thought. Spurs just couldn't get the stops, offensively not terrible.

Ibaka was unreal, and Durant is impossible to guard

Game 5 should determine the winner. Great series so far
    I think the winner of this game wins the series
    Wade had zero free throw attempts in 43 minutes in game 3. Look for that to change tonight, if David Stern has anything to say about it.
    Your starting lineup for Game 4:

Joey Crawford
    Bill Kennedy
    Greg Willard
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    ok ... refs bad or is the fix in? ... :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    A little of both. That, and the C's are hitting everything on the court right now.
    welcome back jesus ...
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    polaris_x wrote:
    A little of both. That, and the C's are hitting everything on the court right now.

Including Ray Allen not on that shot

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Rondo has taken OVER this team....He's THE BOSS

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

not looking good for the C's ...
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Finally we're starting to have a game on our hands but will Wade and Lebron play the whole 4th quarter?
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    Keep complaining Lebron you bitch
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    do the refs get paid by foul called? :roll: