The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I'll tell ya who the real winners are...the people who bet the over. :lol:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    What an effort by Rondo tonight. Amazing stuff.

there's just no depth on this team ... no one who can score outside of the usual suspects ... and really - you're not gonna get a shooting night like this from Rondo every night ...
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Heat were extremely lucky to come out of that one with a win. And what a performance by Rondo, wow! Game 3 on Friday night will be huge.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I'm over it. Sorry for my excessive ranting.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    execs talking rigged lotto

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-s ... VV4FE5nYcB

i for one, don't understand why they don't do the drawing in the open.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:

Isn't everything in the nba rigged?
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

it's one thing for us to say it, it's anouther for execs to wonder about it.

on twitter rip said rigged, and the bulls beat reporter for the tribune tweeted he watched some drawings back in the day and it was on the up and up. i asked how much he was paid to say that....no reply...but in fairness to kc, he hardly replies to twitterland
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

it's one thing for us to say it, it's anouther for execs to wonder about it.

on twitter rip said rigged, and the bulls beat reporter for the tribune tweeted he watched some drawings back in the day and it was on the up and up. i asked how much he was paid to say that....no reply...but in fairness to kc, he hardly replies to twitterland

the patrick ewing draft was known to be rigged as well.

nba has and always will be a joke

tim donaghy says hi
    rumblings about the Rose draft as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

great question about why they have to do the lotto behind closed doors.

stern is a shady elf-eared bastard
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

great question about why they have to do the lotto behind closed doors.

stern is a shady elf-eared bastard

and of course, the cavs get the top pick when their home town star comes into the league. hmm....

stern needs to go....but the owners are making money
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    all aspects of the nba scream corruption ... heck ... even the players association ...
  • Go Spurs!

A win on the road would be great.
    hopefully, the bobcats suck all way thru 2016 and up with the number 1 pick then
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,776
    C'mon it's not just the nba

I use to think boxing was only fixed, it's all fixed to some degree

Baseball/Selig knew who was taking roids..... Homers up, ratings up = look the other way

Soccer is fixed, hello Italian soccer federation :wave:

NCAA on a million levels

Lotta $$ to be made.
    They should just get rid of the lottery and go by record like the NFL. I know they want to avoid tanking but I think it's time to get rid of it.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
    dougfloyd wrote:
    They should just get rid of the lottery and go by record like the NFL. I know they want to avoid tanking but I think it's time to get rid of it.

i'm ok with the lotto...

but if they want to make it more transparent, publish all the team combo's before the drawing online, and then slowly draw the balls so fans can follow along.

maybe they can get kids to come pull the balls so that there isn't the opportunity to mess with the balls either. sort of like a bingo drawing
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

i'm ok with the lotto...

but if they want to make it more transparent, publish all the team combo's before the drawing online, and then slowly draw the balls so fans can follow along.

maybe they can get kids to come pull the balls so that there isn't the opportunity to mess with the balls either. sort of like a bingo drawing

Right, why don't they televise the lotto drawing? If they are going to have it on tv it needs some more excitement.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
    dougfloyd wrote:
    81 wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

i'm ok with the lotto...

Right, why don't they televise the lotto drawing? If they are going to have it on tv it needs some more excitement.

maybe they could tie it into the mega millions or powerball drawing and use the numbers from one of those drawings.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    polaris_x wrote:
    :lol:

can the nba be more blatant in their fraud?

new orleans wins the lottery ... :lol::lol::lol:

The lottery really is a joke. They really should adapt the NFL's system like somebody mentioned.

It just makes sense in my mind to have the worst finishing team have the first pick in hopes of changing some things.

But, what difference does it make when a team like Miami is so blatantly favored.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so davey overrules the paul trade to lakers

now, the hornets get the #1 pick

and why was tom benson there? he's technically not the owner yet and his nfl team isn't the most above board team going right now

This is the problem for Stern, and will always be: Within his own league, they're dubious about him, his underlings, about the centralized power structure in New York. Stern created the mayhem of the Hornets season – the vetoed Paul trade that disrupted the operations and balance of several teams – and the fallout never relented. Here comes Tom Benson now, whose NFL organization is mired in one of the great institutional scandals in pro sports history, walking into New York for the draft lottery with a bad team, in a bad arena, and leaving with a franchise star.

Yes, the Hornets are staying in New Orleans, and that's wonderful news for the people there, for the NBA. All around the league, though, everyone will forever wonder: At what cost?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-s ... 20531.html
  • petejm043petejm043 Posts: 156
    The refs missed the call. But if you look at it again Lebron was fouled when he was backing Rondo down and Rondo reached in. The refs called a jump ball.
    Newch91 wrote:
    These fucking refs have the quickest goddamn whistle ive ever seen every time that bitch wade has the ball. Biggest load of shit ive ever seen.
    It's awful. Rondo gets slapped in the head and no call, but that bitch Wade kicks KG and KG gets fouled. Another reason why the NBA has the worst officiating.
  • Spurs
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    OKC went on a tear tonight.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:

they have a solid squad....people thinking it would be a sweep were silly
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    wow, wasn't really expecting that much of a dominant game from OKC.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    C'mon it's not just the nba

I use to think boxing was only fixed, it's all fixed to some degree

Baseball/Selig knew who was taking roids..... Homers up, ratings up = look the other way

Soccer is fixed, hello Italian soccer federation :wave:

NCAA on a million levels

Lotta $$ to be made.
    re: italia serie a read the miracle of castel de sangro. for all these "fixings" has anyone actually won because of a 'fix" in the draft? it usually just happens because some guy gets all the calls like Wade against the Mavs, or the Lakes against the Kings.
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

they have a solid squad....people thinking it would be a sweep were silly
    what else were we supposed to think the Spurs hadn't lost in like a month+. either way these teams are sexier than the east.
    very rarely does a sweep happen in a confrence finals

lot of poeple have the spurs in the finals, and while they are a very good team, i still wouldn't count out OKC.

heck, take a look at least years playoffs to see what can happen to the spurs. they are very beatable.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    very rarely does a sweep happen in a confrence finals

lot of poeple have the spurs in the finals, and while they are a very good team, i still wouldn't count out OKC.

heck, take a look at least years playoffs to see what can happen to the spurs. they are very beatable.
    true, but they had all the non-bron things going for them...they always found a way to win. what i'm wondering is how team USA fans will justify themselves rooting for the Spurs against the Heat (IF and only IF that happens).