The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    It helped him in the 2006 finals to get all those foul calls.

Oh god...what a joke the officiating was in that series. :fp:
    The worst I've ever seen in all of sports. Even Phil Jackson said it was bad. If the Mavs just breathed a foot away from Wade a foul would be called.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    Pacers are an old school physical team. They love to bang.

awesome! but how are they at basketball? :think: :-P
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Pacers are an old school physical team. They love to bang.

awesome! but how are they at basketball? :think: :-P
    I love the :think: :P Combo :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,915
    ruh-roh, 81 :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    imalive wrote:
    :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I think the story on ESPN today about LeBron saying how "taxing" it is to play PF in place of Bosh. Sounds like a champion to me.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Larry Bird STILL raking in awards....Ibelieve he's the ONLY player to accomplish ALL of these...
    A three-time MVP as a player (1984, 85, 86) with the Boston Celtics, the Indiana basketball legend won NBA Coach of the Year honors in 1997-98, his first season on the sidelines, after guiding the Pacers to a 58-24 mark. In three seasons as head coach, Bird led Indiana to a 147-67 record and its only Finals appearance in 2000. Bird is the only person to win all three awards -- MVP, Coach and Executive of the Year. Red Auerbach, Frank Layden and Pat Riley are the only people to earn both Coach of the Year and Executive of the Year honors.

Indiana's Larry Bird named 2011-12 Executive of the Year

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

I think the story on ESPN today about LeBron saying how "taxing" it is to play PF in place of Bosh. Sounds like a champion to me.

1980.new.magic_display_image.jpg?1275483363
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

d rose

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    81 wrote:

1980.new.magic_display_image.jpg?1275483363

yep...bron is an embarrassment to the game
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

d rose

everybody knew he was going to miss upwards of a year when he tore it. no news there. i thought yesterday's news with a no news day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Rose will come back stronger than ever. Bulls will win a title with him.

Big game tonight in Philly...
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Back to Wade being a little bitch.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... 52807.html
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:

hmm...maybe the pacers fans can all toss shoe's at wade.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

everybody knew he was going to miss upwards of a year when he tore it. no news there. i thought yesterday's news with a no news day.

was news to me....I don't get stacey king's twitter feed ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

was news to me....I don't get stacey king's twitter feed ;)

i don't either. ;):lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    Newch91 wrote:
    He's such a bitch! He should of been tossed for his foul on Collison last night.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    g under p wrote:
    Larry Bird STILL raking in awards....Ibelieve he's the ONLY player to accomplish ALL of these...
    A three-time MVP as a player (1984, 85, 86) with the Boston Celtics, the Indiana basketball legend won NBA Coach of the Year honors in 1997-98, his first season on the sidelines, after guiding the Pacers to a 58-24 mark. In three seasons as head coach, Bird led Indiana to a 147-67 record and its only Finals appearance in 2000. Bird is the only person to win all three awards -- MVP, Coach and Executive of the Year. Red Auerbach, Frank Layden and Pat Riley are the only people to earn both Coach of the Year and Executive of the Year honors.

Indiana's Larry Bird named 2011-12 Executive of the Year

Peace

the triple crown

NBA MVP
    Coach of the Year
    Executive of the Year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

And they awarded this guy the MVP?

His stat line was on par, but this is a perfect example of his non-MVP character.

My apologies to you, Mr. Durant.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Newch91 wrote:

I find it hiiiighly amusing that Wade is offended at the Pacers celebration.

1) It really wasn't all that excessive.

2) Who had a stadium sized party/celebration equivalent to a KISS concert when they did nothing more than signing some free agents? Not winning anything, just assembling a super team..... who has yet to win anything other than a Conference title.

3) Dwyane and LeBron get caught on camera mocking Dirk for being sick. So pleasantly enough, Dirk and his team came out and beat the Heat and took their title. I think the basketball gods are not yet done punishing them for that classless act.

4) I believe I remember Dwyane promising Miami multiple championships in the next 7 years after the assemblance of your super team? Still waiting to see you guys grab #1...

I'm not a religious man, but I am seriously praying with everything I have that the Pacers can get rid of Miami in this series. That would be absolutely beautiful.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

2) Who had a stadium sized party/celebration equivalent to a KISS concert when they did nothing more than signing some free agents? Not winning anything, just assembling a super team..... who has yet to win anything other than a Conference title.

3) Dwyane and LeBron get caught on camera mocking Dirk for being sick. So pleasantly enough, Dirk and his team came out and beat the Heat and took their title. I think the basketball gods are not yet done punishing them for that classless act.

4) I believe I remember Dwyane promising Miami multiple championships in the next 7 years after the assemblance of your super team? Still waiting to see you guys grab #1...

I'm not a religious man, but I am seriously praying with everything I have that the Pacers can get rid of Miami in this series. That would be absolutely beautiful.
    That was Lebron: "Not 1, not 2, not 3." But everything you stated was correct and spot-on, especially 2 and 3.
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

That was Lebron: "Not 1, not 2, not 3." But everything you stated was correct and spot-on, especially 2 and 3.

Yeah, nevertheless, I dislike the Heat and everything that they stand for. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yeah, nevertheless, I dislike the Heat and everything that they stand for. :lol:
    I've had this hatred for the Heat for years now. I hate everything involved with that organization.
    edited May 2012
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Like they said on sports talk radio in south Florida today...if you are pissed off at whatever kind of celebration the Pacers did then win the fricking game and you have no worries my man. No Worries.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• front spacerfront spacer Posts: 3,246
    Did anyone hear Dan Dakich (local Indianapolis sports show host) on SVP this afternoon. He had some interesting things to say about how soft Miami is and how he has NEVER seen an MVP caliber player "run away from the spotlight like Lebron does."

The Fieldhouse is going to be rockin' Thursday night!!

GO PACERS!!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
    The CELTICS have come out and are making a statement tonight that they will dominate the game. GO CELTICS

Peace

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    dcfaithful wrote:

As do I. I have an uncontrollable hatred for the Heat. I hated them before the whole "big 3" nonsense so that just added to it. I've been a basket case watching Bulls-Heat games the past couple years.
    61e6ef87.jpg
    norm wrote:
    61e6ef87.jpg
    20 dollar seat right there
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    61e6ef87.jpg
    20 dollar seat right there
    What the f is going on two rows in front of this guy?