Options

ticketmaster pre-sale password

merrilcmerrilc Posts: 54
edited March 2011 in The Porch
Can 10C release the ticketmaster pre-sale password to PJ fans, like they did for Chugg pre-sale tickets during the Australian tour? This would be very much appreciated because I'm shocked to miss out on EV in NY 2011. :shock:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Please explain this to me:

(links to eBay removed)

How are tickets to see EV already being scalped at prices of around $1000.00 ? This is very upsetting because real fans are missing out and once upon a time stopping this bs used to be pearl jam's passion. Are these 10C tickets? I believe the perfect gig is Ed playing to a crowd of real pearl jam fans who don't abuse the 10C privileges of pre-sale tickets to these shows.

I would appreciate someone explaining to me the hows and whys of this morally wrong behaviour.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,423
    merrilc wrote:

How are tickets to see EV already being scalped at prices of around $1000.00 ? This is very upsetting because real fans are missing out and once upon a time stopping this bs used to be pearl jam's passion. Are these 10C tickets? I believe the perfect gig is Ed playing to a crowd of real pearl jam fans who don't abuse the 10C privileges of pre-sale tickets to these shows.

I would appreciate someone explaining to me the hows and whys of this morally wrong behaviour.
    no its not 10c tickets..10c gets 10% -15% of the tickets of a venue ..the rest is out there ..10c tickets you dont know where is in the venue,seat,row, till the day of the show..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yes, I knew that 10C tickets were a surprise. I am very confused about all of this and I hate scalpers with passion.
  • Options
    MattCam420MattCam420 Posts: 183
    merrilc wrote:

(links to eBay removed)

That pisses me off after trying for 2 hours today with no success that some asshole can just go sell them for that much when many of us here wanted them. That is ridiculous. I really feel bad for anyone who would have to shell that kinda money out. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    MattCam420 wrote:
    merrilc wrote:

(links to eBay removed)

That pisses me off after trying for 2 hours today with no success that some asshole can just go sell them for that much when many of us here wanted them. That is ridiculous. I really feel bad for anyone who would have to shell that kinda money out. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

I totally agree - do not buy these tickets that support dishonest activity. This goes against the morals of PJ, EV and 10C.
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    merrilc wrote:

(links to eBay removed)

Well, to be absolutely honest, I'd say the perfect gig in this case would be Ed playing for a crowd of Eddie Vedder (solo) fans. ;)

Aaanyway, scalpers suck. :x
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    merrilc wrote:

(links to eBay removed)

Season ticket holders for the venues, making a profit by letting scalpers sell them and probably scalpers who will score ticketmaster tix at the public sale and are guaranteed this.

Ed and 10C and the venues work hard to keep this from happening but they can not control free enterprise,
    no matter how slimey.

We play the lottery...never know .... if we win I'm at every concert whatever the cost!
  • Options
    With a silver spoon?
  • Options
    any updates on the password?
  • Options
    No password updates, but I encourage people to share it via PM or email to increase the opportunity for pj fans to get a ticket. I just need one to NY (my email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:merrilc@gmail.com">merrilc@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->)
  • Options
    merrilc wrote:
    No password updates, but I encourage people to share it via PM or email to increase the opportunity for pj fans to get a ticket. I just need one to NY (my email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:merrilc@gmail.com">merrilc@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->)

Yeah please share!! F the scalpers, let's buy out all the pre-sale tix and make a statement. On the plus side, I bought Ten Club tix for EV the last 2 times he toured and my sister found better seats through ticketmaster both times. She was sure to rub it in my face. So there is hope for some great seats still!

Someone ripped my face off!
    I am mine!
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Looking for password as well for NY 1.... :)
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    Can someone explain the tm presale? Is it for all ev solo shows? Is there a presale or is it speculation? Thanks!
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • Options
    Great, when we get the password please email or PM others. Bring it.
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited March 2011
    Can someone PM me the password when it becomes available?
    Post edited by joberschlake on
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    No one has the password yet.
  • Options
    Hey merrilc could u answer my question? Thanks
  • Options
    Hey merrilc could u answer my question? Thanks

It appears that a pre-sale will occur on Thursday 31 March. I understand that this will be through ticketmaster but I could be wrong

see link
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_l ... search.y=0

I think we should share it amongst 10C members who missed out on 10C pre sale.
  • Options
    zmanzman Posts: 502
    what about the citibank presale password for the wang? thats a whole different story
  • Options
    zmanzman Posts: 502
    i got a citi card that i use all the time for shows, yet good old citibank hasnt sent me anything but a bill.
  • Options
    There is certainly a presale of tickets, I dont know any more details but it is advertised on the ticketmaster website. We should take care of each other and pass it on if/when it becomes known.
  • Options
    yea i need the philly presale password....please pm me :D
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    I expect to get the Chicago password today

but I do not expect it to come for 10C or ticketmaster ;)

and i probably won't share, there is already enough competition 8-)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    I expect to get the Chicago password today

but I do not expect it to come for 10C or ticketmaster ;)

and i probably won't share, there is already enough competition 8-)

Then why post here in this thread. Clearly this is a thread aimed at taking care of your neighbour.
  • Options
    jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    I would greatly appreciate the password to the Philly show...got shut out yesterday after sitting here for 2 hours :cry:
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    moFoEdmoFoEd Posts: 5
    If there is a PW please PM, I want go to the Philly show.
  • Options
    none of you live next door to me..... I don't think
  • Options
    Thank you merrillc for the link and responding! Very kind. Count me on Philly PM list as well. 10club unite!

And that is pure douchery KDH12 - hope it was a joke
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    merrilc wrote:
    I totally agree - do not buy these tickets that support dishonest activity. This goes against the morals of PJ, EV and 10C.

how is this dishonest activity?

someone has a connection to a venue - possibly through a VIP ticket program

they pay a lot of money to see chicks and dudes in spandex flopping around to shitty music

ballet is their thing - not eddie vedder

so - here they have an opportunity to make some money - so they do

it's simple reality - nothing dishonest about it

i agree it sucks for ev fans - but there's NOTHING you can do about it

re

al

it

tee

and as for the morals you speak of... it's no longer 1992 my friend
  • Options
    some of you are a bit to serious and got your panties in a bunch

loosen them and listen

the internet will give you all the answer you seek, I was doing a little research and it seems that the password might come from 10C, they are calling it an over flow presale which suggest that it will come from 10C. Passwords are almost never sent out by TM, if it doesn't come from 10C, IT WILL come from the promoter which in the case of Chicago is Jam Productions (wink, wink) get on their mailing list

if I get it and it is not widely distributed I would share with only those from Chicago ;)