Options

This is why they dont play the SOUTH!

Comments

• Options
    elgallo10elgallo10 Posts: 114
    I remember thinking it was going to be so hard to get tickets, and then they were up on the site and available for days. I was shocked.

I was shut out of tenclub tickets actually and had to buy through ticketmaster. It sold out ten club seats.
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    Drew263 wrote:
    I'm from the south and I get on airplanes to go see PJ. Why don't you get off your ass and take a trip to WPB or Tampa?

You might get too see a building that doesn't look old, grey, and shitty.

he he he....

:D
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    "What they call NASCAR we call "commuting"". That sounds like some fucking redneck bumper sticker.

It probably is....
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    Danimal wrote:
    It probably is....

and yet some super cool guy from Boston said it...how is that possible?
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    rssesq wrote:
    Boca and below.

Boca is in Palm Beach County. West Palm Beach is in Palm Beach County.
    Palm Beach County = South Florida, thus West Palm Beach = South Florida.

There is a reason the SOUTH FLORIDA Fair is held in the West Palm Beach Fairgrounds, the same ones that hold the Sound Advice/Cruzan Amphitheater :p

Above Palm Beach County is what is called the Treasure Coast, I believe, no? Although perhaps PBC is part of South Florida AND the Treasure Coast? I'm not sure on that one, but ONE thing I'm sure of is that Palm Beach County = South Florida! haha
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    and yet some super cool guy from Boston said it...how is that possible?

Uh-oh...I think I hit a nerve.....

Well, it just depends on how you read what I typed.

Thanks for calling me super cool. I think you're pretty neat too.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    rssesq wrote:
    Boca and below.

I'd agree, but ponder this;

the University of South Florida is in Tampa...

Three crooked hearts, swirls all around

You can't spell Gossard without G-O-D
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Above Palm Beach County is what is called the Treasure Coast, I believe, no? Although perhaps PBC is part of South Florida AND the Treasure Coast? I'm not sure on that one, but ONE thing I'm sure of is that Palm Beach County = South Florida! haha

I don't think they have a clue what the parts of our state are called. My whole life people have referred to my area (Tampa Bay) as Central Florida.

But the University of South Florida is in Tampa and my area is part of the Southwest Florida Water Management District.

So, who freaking knows?

All I know is PJ is coming and I'm going!
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Danimal wrote:
    Uh-oh...I think I hit a nerve.....

Well, it just depends on how you read what I typed.

Thanks for calling me super cool. I think you're pretty neat too.

Well you must be somewhat cool since you like PJ but I will admit that it hits a nerve when people have that attitude about the South. I have traveled this whole country and there isn't much difference between people no matter where you go except for accents.

I just can't comprehend this feeling of hatred from people up North...

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    nukeboot wrote:
    I don't think they have a clue what the parts of our state are called. My whole life people have referred to my area (Tampa Bay) as Central Florida.

But the University of South Florida is in Tampa and my area is part of the Southwest Florida Water Management District.

So, who freaking knows?

All I know is PJ is coming and I'm going!

Tampa in the Southwest sounds about right.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Well you must be somewhat cool since you like PJ but I will admit that it hits a nerve when people have that attitude about the South. I have traveled this whole country and there isn't much difference between people no matter where you go except for accents.

Nah! Nothing against the South. I just don't like NASCAR. Not everything is for everybody, ya know?

• Options
    shawnb199shawnb199 Posts: 133
    nukeboot wrote:

Palm Beach County is culturally much much closer to South Florida than to Central Florida. Anybody who has ever been to Palm Beach Gardens or Jupiter knows this. Martin/St. Lucie/Indian River are the Treasure Coast. Brevard up through Daytona are Central Florida, anything north of that is North Florida.

Ft. Myers and Naples are Southwest Florida, Tampa is sorta in between SW and Central Florida, which primarily consists of Orange, Osceola, Brevard and Seminole counties.

The weirdest thing about USF isn't that it's in Tampa, it's that University of Central Florida, in Orlando, is maybe 20 miles further north than it's "South Florida" counterpart.
  • Options
    Danimal wrote:
    Nah! Nothing against the South. I just don't like NASCAR. Not everything is for everybody, ya know?

Oh well my bad then. Please except my apology because I hate NASCAR also. So I completely understand.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    This is what I know, the University of North Florida is in Jacksonville...which is in North Florida...or South Georgia.
  • Options
    This is what I know, the University of North Florida is in Jacksonville...which is in North Florida...or South Georgia.

Either way its the ass of something. I hate jacksonville.
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388

I just can't comprehend this feeling of hatred from people up North...

I too disagree with the South bashing on this board, but after the 06 "PJ go F yourself" tirades I am less sympathetic. And I also cannot agree with your take on the south being like everywhere else except for the accents. Maybe in certain areas in a college town, but everywhere else you will find unique occurances, like having teens openly listening to country and attending their shows. Up North that is most rare. In the South, it is OK to do that stuff.
  • Options
    Oh well my bad then. Please except my apology because I hate NASCAR also. So I completely understand.

No prob. We'll just have to agree that we agree....WHAT? Hhahahaha.

• Options
    I too disagree with the South bashing on this board, but after the 06 "PJ go F yourself" tirades I am less sympathetic. And I also cannot agree with your take on the south being like everywhere else except for the accents. Maybe in certain areas in a college town, but everywhere else you will find unique occurances, like having teens openly listening to country and attending their shows. Up North that is most rare. In the South, it is OK to do that stuff.

I can't argue with you on any of that.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    Either way its the ass of something. I hate jacksonville.

Whoaa....what did Jville do to you? I used to hate it passionately...not so much anymore. I am VERY glad that PJ never plays up here though. It sucks for big bands that aren't country or teen pop.
  • Options
    Danimal wrote:
    No prob. We'll just have to agree that we agree....WHAT? Hhahahaha.

That's funny.

And i will admit my first choice of a show on this mini tour was Boston but I couldn't get my wife to agree with the spending of the money.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    I don't really give a shit why they didn't tour the south in the past or why they won't tour the south in the future. I'm going to two pearl jam shows this year. And I don't really give a shit if only another hundred people show up. Smaller crowds.
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Boca is in Palm Beach County. West Palm Beach is in Palm Beach County.
    Palm Beach County = South Florida, thus West Palm Beach = South Florida.

There is a reason the SOUTH FLORIDA Fair is held in the West Palm Beach Fairgrounds, the same ones that hold the Sound Advice/Cruzan Amphitheater :p

Thank you! I was born and raised in what is the Treasure Coast but even most of that is considered South Florida. Funny thing is they have a condo in Stuart and that's pretty much in South Florida too! Once you get to Vero Beach, Sebastian, Melbourne..then we can say its not South Florida.
  • Options
    You know how many people live in New York or New England versus Tampa, Florida?

Put a date in Atlanta and see how fast they sell out. They sold out Philips Arena 360 back in 2000(over 20,000 people) and sold out lakewood in 2003(19,000) in no time.

They choose stupid areas to have shows. West Palm Beach? That stop in South Carolina? Come on, that shit is just stupid. Play Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, any maybe one Florida date. They aren't that popular in Florida to play two different shows right next to each other.
  • Options
    I don't really give a shit why they didn't tour the south in the past or why they won't tour the south in the future. I'm going to two pearl jam shows this year. And I don't really give a shit if only another hundred people show up. Smaller crowds.

You are right. I look forward to meeting you at Tampa

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options

The only people that listen to country music or older people and kids that live in rural areas. And most of those kids listen to rap music now. Places like Tampa and West Palm Beach are nothing but retirees and transplants. I doubt very seriously there are that many Ten Club members there. That's why I"m going to the South Carolina show. It's a longer drive than what Atlanta would be but if they played in Atlanta I would be WAY BACK because of all the Ten Club members there. Hopefully there won't be that many Ten Club members in South Carolina, but I"m sure a lot of Atlanta people will be driving over.
  • Options
    Whoaa....what did Jville do to you? I used to hate it passionately...not so much anymore. I am VERY glad that PJ never plays up here though. It sucks for big bands that aren't country or teen pop.

I lived up there for a few years. Most of the people I encountered where ignorant assholes without a hope at all. It's dirty, infected with crime and sexual diseases and I just hate even being in that damn city. (No offense to anyone who lives in Jax. I met some really cool people.)
  • Options
    I certainly hope more people show up to the gig...don't get me wrong, I'd love the space, but if they don't get the sales, we don't get the shows.
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682

Think about how you would feel if your favorite band completely disregarded your region of the States without any real justification being offered? I think you can see why some were so upset. I'm a little unsure by what you mean about teens listening to Country and then attending their shows? Do you mean PJ shows or country shows?
  • Options
    That's funny.

And i will admit my first choice of a show on this mini tour was Boston but I couldn't get my wife to agree with the spending of the money.

It's too freaking expensive around here anyway!

I'm not in 10C so for me to go to one of these shows I am going to have to sell a thumb, a ball, both knee caps, an ear, and a kidney. After the extensive abuse I have put my kidneys through I don't understand how ANYONE is going to buy that.

• Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    Staceb10 wrote:
    It's not? What do you consider South Florida then?
    Cuba...of course :D