Options

This is why they dont play the SOUTH!

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    wilmack88 wrote:
    hour later and tickets are still available.......

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME IN THE SOUTH

Play the northeast where there is the highest concentration of ten club members, and tickets will sell out in 5 minutes. seems like a no brainer to me.

You are an idiot! :rolleyes:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    So, I guess the fact that the Gorge shows in 06 never sold out on 10c seats means that no one in the PNW likes them either. I guess that's why they never play Seattle. How quickly they sell out has a lot to do with how many tickets the 10c is able to procure.

That must be it I guess according to all these people....
    I flew through the purchase for the Gorge and they were available for hours and hours after they went on sale, so I guess folks up there dont like PJ no more....
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    You are an idiot! :rolleyes:
    well....

good morning to you too!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    cash wrote:
    actually dont waste time in shit small cities like West Palm Beach. Play Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Birmingham, places with actual populations.

Go F yourself :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    well....

good morning to you too!!!!!!!

Morning sunshine :)

(I'm usually I nice girl but stupidity like that just fucking gets to me)

;)
  • Options
    u2gatoru2gator Posts: 94
    Maybe it is possible that Pearl Jam has worked out a deal where there is no limit to how many fanclub tickets can be purchased so like the MSG shows a few years ago it is possible that if people continue to buy until the ticketmaster sale begins the entire arena or most of it could be 10c members.
    Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands
    the ones I love,..
    Some folks just have one,
    yeah, others, they've got none, huh-uh
  • Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    So, I guess the fact that the Gorge shows in 06 never sold out on 10c seats means that no one in the PNW likes them either. I guess that's why they never play Seattle. How quickly they sell out has a lot to do with how many tickets the 10c is able to procure.

Is that true? Two shows in the Gorge and 10c didn't sell their allotment?
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    u2gator wrote:
    Maybe it is possible that Pearl Jam has worked out a deal where there is no limit to how many fanclub tickets can be purchased so like the MSG shows a few years ago it is possible that if people continue to buy until the ticketmaster sale begins the entire arena or most of it could be 10c members.

Nice try!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Jwmcc wrote:
    Is that true? Two shows in the Gorge and 10c didn't sell their allotment?

I remember thinking it was going to be so hard to get tickets, and then they were up on the site and available for days. I was shocked.
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    wilmack88 wrote:

Play the northeast where there is the highest concentration of ten club members, and tickets will sell out in 5 minutes. seems like a no brainer to me.

And the mid-west/Canada:

Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Toronto.

:D
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    I remember thinking it was going to be so hard to get tickets, and then they were up on the site and available for days. I was shocked.

OMG! I remember how heart was pumping so hard I already had pleane tickets to Seattle booked and it was a breeze...
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    pulaski wrote:
    10 min in, site hasnt crashed once and tix are still available.
    Funny, I thought the same thing. Boston and NY will be sold out in a matter of minutes.

BUT!!, they should still play the South!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    rssesq wrote:
    WEST PALM BAY is not SOUTH FLORIDA!

I have a condo in Stuart like most CT yankees

It's not? What do you consider South Florida then?

And the 98 and 2000 shows in West Palm both had an extra night added to them so their history in Florida isn't all bad.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    west palm will sell out, maybe not through the 10C, because we all know they will announce more shows once they get enough people's money.
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    cash wrote:
    actually dont waste time in shit small cities like West Palm Beach. Play Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Birmingham, places with actual populations.

Birmingham?? Please.......
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    sxysadiesxysadie Posts: 43
    I am from the Northeast now living in the South. I have been to shows in the both areas and I prefer the South. There are nothing but a bunch of obnoxious drunks at the shows in the NE. I get sick of the attitude that you are so much better then the South, that's why the populations in the NE are decreasing and the South is increasing.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
    well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride! -Unknown
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    sxysadie wrote:
    that's why the populations in the NE are decreasing and the South is increasing.

Ummm no. It's because you can own real estate for 6 bucks down there.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    wilmack88 wrote:

I'm from the south and I get on airplanes to go see PJ. Why don't you get off your ass and take a trip to WPB or Tampa?

You might get too see a building that doesn't look old, grey, and shitty.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    pulaski wrote:
    10 min in, site hasnt crashed once and tix are still available.

you have a point. :)

Rather hear a logical reason like that that some bullshit political reason.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    pulaski wrote:
    This is why they dont play the SOUTH! 10 min in, site hasnt crashed once and tix are still available.

Speaking for myself, I'm not going for several reasons.

This is such a last minute announcement and pre-sale. I've already commited money to other more important things in life (I have two very young children); as well as paying and planning my vacations this summer, which I always do at this time of year. A couple of days notice of these tour dates is rather restrictive.

So if I can somehow free up some cash and stay within my budget, I will attempt to find a ticket and make the Colonial Center show, in South Carolina.

Or maybe somehow find a way to make one of the MSG shows.

In 2003 the tour news came at a perfect time for me and my planning, in which I could combine my vacation and attend the MSG show, in the same trip up north; as well as attending the Charlotte, NC show.

Not this year. The timing was way off and I really had no idea or suspicion they would be touring down here, this summer; or playing MSG.

Some things in life are more important than Pearl Jam. I have no complaints.

Just didn't work out for me, this time around. Maybe I'll get lucky and somehow find a way to make at least one of the shows. If not, that's life.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    rssesq wrote:
    There must be a NASCAR event on the day of the show. roflmao

YEEEEEEHAAWWWWWWW!!!!!

I lived most of my life in the North. Raised there.

There are probably more NASCAR rednecks in the North, than in the South.
  • Options
    AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    I don't know about the other shows, but the LA shows from 2006 didn't sell out immediately either.

But if we could somehow twist this (fairly common, evidently) occurrence to justify more Texas shows than Florida, Washington, and California shows, I would be all for it.
  • Options
    Drew263 wrote:
    I'm from the south and I get on airplanes to go see PJ. Why don't you get off your ass and take a trip to WPB or Tampa?

You might get too see a building that doesn't look old, grey, and shitty.

That's funny as hell...and so true. I'm originally from up north and then from out west. The south is pretty cool...and a kickass place to see a PJ show.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    NMyTree wrote:
    I lived most of my life in the North. Raised there.

There are probably more NASCAR rednecks in the North, than in the South.

What they call NASCAR we call "commuting". I don't know anyone that likes NASCAR.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    shawnb199shawnb199 Posts: 133
    cash wrote:
    This is moronic. Palm Beach, Broward and Dade counties (the majority of which are all within an hour's drive of Cruzan) have 1M more people than the entire state of Alabama.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    u2gator wrote:
    what I was thinking....get as many PJ fans in there as possible...get closer to sell out. I HOPE MSG is like this...planning on DC and MSG X2 as I've worked both in Tampa and WPB.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I don't know why some people feel the need to come in here and make posts like this. Seems to me that some people are just trying to stir up a heated debate.
    Lots of kids get on this board...
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Birmingham?? Please.......
    What's your problem with Birmingham???

Have some guts and tell us where you reside.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    Danimal wrote:
    What they call NASCAR we call "commuting". I don't know anyone that likes NASCAR.

"What they call NASCAR we call "commuting"". That sounds like some fucking redneck bumper sticker.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Staceb10 wrote:
    It's not? What do you consider South Florida then?

And the 98 and 2000 shows in West Palm both had an extra night added to them so their history in Florida isn't all bad.

Boca and below.