Options

E.V. Boston Opera House 8/1 Meet up??Post here!!

Comments

• Options
    pjhunz28pjhunz28 Posts: 206
    maybe you are but others aren't.

anyway...to not get off topic..i'm just not going...period
    9/26/96, 9/15/98, 8/29/00, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 7/23/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV
    Boston 1
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    i'm sure they are all pussycats in person
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    pjhunz28pjhunz28 Posts: 206
    ok then...you have fun
    9/26/96, 9/15/98, 8/29/00, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 7/23/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV
    Boston 1
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    pjhunz28 wrote:
    ok then...you have fun

Are you not going to an Ed show because you think people will be mean to you?

Just don't tell them who you are!

I don't understand.....:confused:
  • Options
    jecica wrote:
    Have a call into the hub pub and will speak to the manager tomorrow. Mark it on your calendars and I will post when official.

you GO girl! :)

pjhunz28 wrote:
    maybe you are but others aren't.

anyway...to not get off topic..i'm just not going...period

paranoid much? I'm almost the same size as PJ's security guy.

If i can be your bodyguard,
    you can be my long lost pal!
    I can call you Betty,
    And Betty, when you call me,
    You can call me Al!

just joking :D
  • Options
    i will bump this everyday till the show
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,842
    pjhunz28 wrote:
    yeah that's exactly what i was afraid of.

jeez lady u gotta lighten up.......why would you even post in this thread if you don't want to meet up with people anyways?
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    So we can't have a fundraiser on Friday, but we can on Saturday. We are welcome to hang out either night, but Friday's are crazy at the hub pub. Should I find another place?? We can still have a meet up on Friday and then raise money on Saturday?

Other Suggestions?????
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    Fajita's and Rita's is right around the corner, but the bar isn't what I'd call huge.

Let me think about this...
    Having tasted, a life wasted....

....I'll probably only go back a couple more times.
  • Options
    Everything is packed down there on a Friday. Beantown pub is great, but it will be slammed as usual.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    crowpoint01crowpoint01 Posts: 209
    Know there a bunch of bars at the alley on Tremont or is that Boylston cant think of the names of any but will probably be less crowded.
    4/11/94 Boston Garden 9/26/96 Augusta Maine
    8/20/98 Montreal 9/15 & 9/16/98 Great Woods 11/6/98 Karma Club 8/29 & 8/30/00 Tweeter Center
    6/6/03 Vegas 7/2 & 7/11/03 Tweeter Center
    9/28/04 Fleet Center 5/24 & 5/25/06 Boston Garden
    6/28 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
    8/1 & 8/2/08 EV Opera House
    5/17/10 Boston
  • Options
    Most people going to the show will be there before the real Friday rush though, so we have that going for us.

I know I will...

• Options
    Know there a bunch of bars at the alley on Tremont cant think of the names of any but will probably be less crowded.

I was thinking the same thing.
    One has an outdoor patio too.

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Fajita's and Rita's is right around the corner, but the bar isn't what I'd call huge.

Let me think about this...

You're right the bar isn't that big, but they do have that back area by the bathroom stairs.

You know what I'm talking about, right?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Know there a bunch of bars at the alley on Tremont or is that Boylston cant think of the names of any but will probably be less crowded.

THE BIG CHEESY! (Easy)

Actually I don't think that's even there anymore. It's under a different name.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    Danimal wrote:
    THE BIG CHEESY! (Easy)

Actually I don't think that's even there anymore. It's under a different name.

It is now the Estate - it was Zanzibar before the Big Easy and I'm not too proud I know this.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    It is now the Estate - it was Zanzibar before the Big Easy and I'm not too proud I know this.

You are correct.

(I edited my post because I don't want his to be a downer thread)

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    Danimal wrote:
    You are correct.

Isn't that where the nanny got halved?

I believe so.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    I believe so.

Pretty freakn gross.

• Options
    Still haven't found the other half...

• Options
    Most people going to the show will be there before the real Friday rush though, so we have that going for us.

I know I will...

that's what i was thinking.
  • Options
    crowpoint01crowpoint01 Posts: 209
    This place has outdoor patio, decent food and opens early.
    http://www.sweetwatercafeboston.com/home.html
    4/11/94 Boston Garden 9/26/96 Augusta Maine
    8/20/98 Montreal 9/15 & 9/16/98 Great Woods 11/6/98 Karma Club 8/29 & 8/30/00 Tweeter Center
    6/6/03 Vegas 7/2 & 7/11/03 Tweeter Center
    9/28/04 Fleet Center 5/24 & 5/25/06 Boston Garden
    6/28 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
    8/1 & 8/2/08 EV Opera House
    5/17/10 Boston
  • Options
    This place has outdoor patio, decent food and opens early.
    http://www.sweetwatercafeboston.com/home.html

That's the place I was referring to.
    I walk by it every day.

• Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    Danimal wrote:
    You are correct.

(I edited my post because I don't want his to be a downer thread)

Another fact the nanny's name was Kristina Holmer.
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    Yeah, Sweetwater Cafe just might be lame enough that it's not crowded on Friday after work. These are the only other places I can think of that haven't been mentioned:

Sidebar - on Bromfield St. Cheap beer, and they have some party packages. Service can be hit-or-miss. http://www.sidebarboston.com

J.J. Foley's - on Kingstown St. Used to be really cool (Joe Strummer drank there!), turning into just another after-work spot for the financial district. No web site.

*Edited to remove reference to quite possibly the worst bar in the city of Boston, according to several sources. My apologies to all involved.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    Yeah, Sweetwater Cafe just might be lame enough that it's not crowded on Friday after work. These are the only other places I can think of that haven't been mentioned:

Rattlesnake Bar & Grill - on Boylston St, a little bit more of a walk. Pretty big, with a rooftop deck. Does get crowded after work with hipster/yuppie types. http://rattlesnakebar.com/

Sidebar - on Bromfield St. Cheap beer, and they have some party packages. Service can be hit-or-miss. http://www.sidebarboston.com

J.J. Foley's - on Kingstown St. Used to be really cool (Joe Strummer drank there!), turning into just another after-work spot for the financial district. No web site.

You call Sweetwater Cafe lame (which it is) but you recommend the Rattlesnake?!? Dear God!
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    I'll put this out there for anyone hitting the city:

Directly across fom the rattlesnale is a placed calle the Parish Cafe.
    It is my hidden gem of Boston.

Great beer list and the menu consists of the favorite sandwiches, etc. of all of the most famous chef's around Boston.

Every single thing on the menu rocks. Everything.

They also have an outdoor raised patio on Boylston, which can't suck...

http://www.parishcafe.com/menu.html

Ship it.

• Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    You call Sweetwater Cafe lame (which it is) but you recommend the Rattlesnake?!? Dear God!

You're right. I have no defense. I don't know what I was thinking.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    melpumelpu Posts: 44
    Kingston Station http://www.kingstonstation.com/location.php

Silvertones silvertonedowntown.com/home.html
    "We feel like we could play just about anything, and you fuckers would know it."
    EV

"Hey, it’s not like we come into your house demanding bacon and eggs... what I’m saying is, if you offered us pancakes, we’d eat pancakes."
    EV
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

Rattlesnake Bar & Grill - on Boylston St, a little bit more of a walk. Pretty big, with a rooftop deck. Does get crowded after work with hipster/yuppie types. http://rattlesnakebar.com/

THE RATTLESNAKE?????

I used to go there when I was 21 and I thought it was a cheese-hole THEN.

the combined IQ of everyone in the place is like 2. (it's not hipsters or yuppies as far as I remember, it used to be the meathead/slut demographic. maybe the yuppies go in after work and the meatheads and sluts don't arrive until 10. I don't think there are any hipsters involved though. hipsters live in somerville and allston :)).