Fucked it up with my girl

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    OH you were talking about planned sessions? i don't know in that case... guess that's never been necessary

but yeah, i definitely wouldn't work around some sort of schedule

just say all the right things and kiss the neck... and get drunk together often... solved

I wasn't necessarily speaking about planned sessions, but you'd have to think there would be an agreement between both individuals about making an effort to have sex 4-5 times a week. That kind of meets the "planned" standards.

I don't know what I'm getting at here, just that it's hard to draw the line and try and stay up with the right amount of times needed along with staying exciting and spontaneous.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    81 wrote:
    this thread needs to be ziggified

GOD HELP US ALL... :shock:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    Big Drop wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Very true. People might be better off with those that have similar sex needs.

But, I think sometimes people are viewed in a bad light for having a higher sex drive or a higher demand for sex, which is unfortunate. The poor bastards.

Doesn't mean they're pervs..

I completely agree. The only problem is, the topic of sex doesn't usually come up until a couple has been dating for a while. There's still this stigmata that surrounds sex. It's not like on a first date you're going to ask, "Are you comfortable with having sex five nights a week?" I'm not saying its a good idea to sleep around or be a whore, I'm just saying that even just talking about sex is socially frowned upon. If more people talked about sex early on in their relationships, problems and heartache like this wouldn't happen as often. I try to talk about sex early on in every relationship and most girls get freaked out about it like I'm some sort of sex addict. The fact of the matter is I'm quite the contrary.

I wish people could get past the superficial. I don't care about your favorite color, I care about the important things that surround our potential relationship. I dunno. I guess it's just me, but I wish more people would think like this. :roll:

I'm with you. I think if sex wasn't treated as such a social "no-no" then maybe it wouldn't be such a difficult topic for many people.

Sex is a good thing and everyone needs it to be healthy, and sane (at least I do). So what's the problem with talking about it. I as well wouldn't establish sexual needs on a first date, but if it began to progress it would have to come up some time, we can't hide that fact that we all have sex needs.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Boo Boo wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol::lol:

In that case... ibtl.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol::lol:

In that case... ibtl.

Beat me to it dc. lol
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    Beat me to it dc. lol
    We apparently all know Ziggy too well. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    ..and now the waiting begins until she shows....
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    She doesn't even need to show up for this thread to get locked, just the mention of her name get's it locked, you know this 81. : p
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Boo Boo wrote:
    81 wrote:

I think we've brought enough light-heartedness to this thread. I still feel terrible for the OP. I hope he's found a little bit of solace within everyone's suggestions.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    She doesn't even need to show up for this thread to get locked, just the mention of her name get's it locked, you know this 81. : p

i know it...that's why i didn't mention her name. it's my understanding that the reporting software isn't sophisticated enough to identify non exact matchs. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Smart thinking old boy!
    Big Drop wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    81 wrote:

I think we've brought enough light-heartedness to this thread. I still feel terrible for the OP. I hope he's found a little bit of solace within everyone's suggestions.
    yeah, sorry OP. I think I can be blamed for sending this one off the rails. :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    So yep, made a complete balls of my relationship.

Everything was going fine but there was no sexual action. I mean we had sex maybe once a month if that. I understand a relationship slows down but I mean I'm 25 and a red blooded male! On top of that when we didn't have sex for a long period I felt I drifted apart from her in an intimate way. I didn't feel as close to her when we had a sex drought, we felt more like really, really good friends. And then I felt like some kinda pervert trying to co-erce a girl to have sex. also it wasn't just that we weren't having sex, I mean there was zero sexual contact. Not even a good kiss. And any kind of oral sex was off the table cos she hates it. At any rate the other areas of our relationship were tops. Hanging out had a great time, never really argued, enjoyed the same stuff and whatnot.

However, the lack of sex was immensely frustrating and i felt isolated and unloved in spite of the fact that she was great to me in every other aspect of the relationship. Completely idiotically and foolishly I began texting flirty messages with some girl I know. These messages were pretty tame but also completely inappropriate. I'm not trying to excuse my behaviour, I know it was totally wrong, but I just wanted to put my behaviour into context. At any rate, my girl saw the messages, freaked, kicked me out and now we're taking a break.

I'm just venting here people but if you feel you wanna respond and call me an idiot, go for it. I already know I am one.
    dude, i am sorry to hear about this. i will tell you though, that lack of intimacy is a sign of there being a HUGE problem in your relationship. a former glrl and i went through that sort of thing. she withdrew completely and wanted nothing physical like that. i got angry and frustrated and all just like you did but i never strayed or anything. i needed that emotional and physical expression of intimacy and love. it turns out she was cheating on me the entire length of the relationship. for over a year.

sex and even just physical contact and feeling intimate are very important parts of a relationship. relationships are just as much emotional as they are physical. if one or both areas are lacking then it is doomed to fail. i am not saying your g/f was cheating on you or anything, but if she was withdrawing from you then i am fairly certain that if she was not cheating she was definitely interested in or digging someone else. and also, if a man is not getting love and sex from his partner they are guaranteed to stray just like you did with your texts to your friend. but then again the same goes for women. i hope that the break will do the two of you some good and maybe help you clarify things and either work it out or split, because what you had isn't right and it isn't how it should be in a healthy loving relationship.
    So is it your theory that women who are less interested in sex with their spouse/boyfriend/S.O. have something else going on? LIke you said, maybe not particularly cheating but perhaps a concerning interest in someone else?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • if she was not cheating she was definitely interested in or digging someone else.
    you sure know how to put a grieving guys mind at ease... don't go into therapy :lol:
    no harm was intended. i've been through therapy. bluntness worked best for me. i was just telling it like it was in my situation. i was right, he strayed by texting that girl. and that is normal in that situation. looking back i should have strayed too.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    So is it your theory that women who are less interested in sex with their spouse/boyfriend/S.O. have something else going on? LIke you said, maybe not particularly cheating but perhaps a concerning interest in someone else?
    absolutely. take a poll of the women on this forum. lack of interest in you normally equals greater or equal interest in someone else. and i think that that withdrawl is a sign of her feeling guilty about it.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    dcfaithful wrote:
    absolutely. take a poll of the women on this forum. lack of interest in you normally equals greater or equal interest in someone else. and i think that that withdrawl is a sign of her feeling guilty about it.

What if there was no interest in the first place? And the lack of interest is consistent? It doesn't mean that she is interested in someone else. Maybe she has a low sex drive or has some deep rooted issues with it and never addressed the issue(s). Doesn't hurt to get to know someone first, be a friend then take a stab at being more, at least that way you know what they like in the sex department.
    OP,

I think in the end, this is going to come down to what YOU really want. Here you are, You have stated that the sex/intimacy wasn't there. To get even just a little bit of attention you flirted (still don't see anything wrong with flirting..but I digress...) your "girlfriend" saw this and got bent out of shape...

maybe somewhere in your head you wanted this and her finding out was a way out. This could be a window opening to something better. It may suck at the moment..but if you look at it, realistically, Do you want to be with her? I mean really want to continue your non-intimate relationship with her? If you do, then fight for her and get her back.

If you don't...well then, move on and get yourself some. ;)
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Boo Boo wrote:
    OP,

I think in the end, this is going to come down to what YOU really want. Here you are, You have stated that the sex/intimacy wasn't there. To get even just a little bit of attention you flirted (still don't see anything wrong with flirting..but I digress...) your "girlfriend" saw this and got bent out of shape...

maybe somewhere in your head you wanted this and her finding out was a way out. This could be a window opening to something better. It may suck at the moment..but if you look at it, realistically, Do you want to be with her? I mean really want to continue your non-intimate relationship with her? If you do, then fight for her and get her back.

Sounds like good advice to me... ;)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    dcfaithful wrote:

OH I completely disagree....the "lack of time" is not just an excuse. It does not always come down to cheating and an interest in someone esle...maybe sometimes but I don't believe for a second it the majority of the time.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

Everything was going fine but there was no sexual action. I mean we had sex maybe once a month if that. I understand a relationship slows down but I mean I'm 25 and a red blooded male! On top of that when we didn't have sex for a long period I felt I drifted apart from her in an intimate way. I didn't feel as close to her when we had a sex drought, we felt more like really, really good friends. And then I felt like some kinda pervert trying to co-erce a girl to have sex. also it wasn't just that we weren't having sex, I mean there was zero sexual contact. Not even a good kiss. And any kind of oral sex was off the table cos she hates it. At any rate the other areas of our relationship were tops. Hanging out had a great time, never really argued, enjoyed the same stuff and whatnot.

However, the lack of sex was immensely frustrating and i felt isolated and unloved in spite of the fact that she was great to me in every other aspect of the relationship. Completely idiotically and foolishly I began texting flirty messages with some girl I know. These messages were pretty tame but also completely inappropriate. I'm not trying to excuse my behaviour, I know it was totally wrong, but I just wanted to put my behaviour into context. At any rate, my girl saw the messages, freaked, kicked me out and now we're taking a break.

I'm just venting here people but if you feel you wanna respond and call me an idiot, go for it. I already know I am one.
    Sexual attraction is the most important thing in a lasting relationship...in my opinion.
    JB and I have been together 32 years and once a month :shock: is the sign of a problem unless both partners would be happy with that.
    To me that is extremely infrequent and down right crazy for mid twenties.

I wish and I guess you didn't say if you had talked any of this out.
    Foreplay starts with daily interaction.
    Good communication is a must as is consideration and respect.

Its really important for a man to woo his lady, even after
    and maybe even more so, the relationship grows mature and predictable.

The fact she is not comfortable with oral sex and you desire it
    could be a lasting problem for you as a couple.
    Its important to have mutual tastes so to speak, no pun intended.

Its unfortunate you strayed emotionally from her and that you hurt her.
    Its not to late to talk about it.

Not to be rude but be sure you read a very good book on how to sexually fulfill a woman also.
    This could be half your fault.
    JB got one when we were kids and its been working ever since ;)

Good luck I hope it can work out. If not I hope you find someone more compatible.
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    pandora wrote:

Sexual attraction is the most important thing in a lasting relationship...in my opinion.
    JB and I have been together 32 years and once a month :shock: is the sign of a problem unless both partners would be happy with that.
    To me that is extremely infrequent and down right crazy for mid twenties.

I wish and I guess you didn't say if you had talked any of this out.
    Foreplay starts with daily interaction.
    Good communication is a must as is consideration and respect.

Its really important for a man to woo his lady, even after
    and maybe even more so, the relationship grows mature and predictable.

The fact she is not comfortable with oral sex and you desire it
    could be a lasting problem for you as a couple.
    Its important to have mutual tastes so to speak, no pun intended.

Its unfortunate you strayed emotionally from her and that you hurt her.
    Its not to late to talk about it.

Not to be rude but be sure you read a very good book on how to sexually fulfill a woman also.
    This could be half your fault.
    JB got one when we were kids and its been working ever since ;)

Good luck I hope it can work out. If not I hope you find someone more compatible.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,987
    Any girl who feels giving oral acts of love is beneath them shouldn't be a girlfriend anyway. No one likes a fridge box.
    Boo Boo wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

OH I completely disagree....the "lack of time" is not just an excuse. It does not always come down to cheating and an interest in someone esle...maybe sometimes but I don't believe for a second it the majority of the time.
    I agree with you Boo Boo. I think that it is very possible, and not abnormal for people (mainly women) to just not really care about sex.

I'm not being sexist, well maybe but not intentionally, I think it's just a fair assumption to say that men are more inclined to want/need more sex than women.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Any girl who feels giving oral acts of love is beneath them shouldn't be a girlfriend anyway. No one likes a fridge box.
    :clap:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • JS81606JS81606 Posts: 73
    Boo Boo wrote:
    OP,

At 25 this is less than my parents are getting it in their 80's. My advice, you're definitely no idiot and the time is upon you to move on to better pastures. I personally think this is one huge ass blessing for you. And kudo's to you for allowing her access to the txt messages. ;)
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    Doesn't hurt to get to know someone first, be a friend then take a stab at being more, at least that way you know what they like in the sex department.
    venture into the "friend zone"?!? THATS SUICIDE MAN!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Boo Boo wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

+1 Boo...OP, have you ever thought that you may have done/said something to upset your girl? Some women are not good about expressing their feelings, i.e. saying, "you really hurt my feelings when you saId...". Some will just 'withdraw' and kind of give their guys a 'silent treatment' and continue until he asks 'did I do something wrong?' and then they burst into tears and tell you everything you messed up on.
    She could be taking some sort of medication that changes her drive...birth control is famous for this.
    Maybe she has some personal issues that she is trying to deal with, and just does not know how to deal with them.
    There are MANY reasons for a person to withdraw from loved ones.
    Assuming that a woman is cheating or has interest in another guy just because she has withdrawn is asinine...and then to suggest that you should have 'flirted' with other women....maybe you shouldn't be in a relationship....just sayin.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    Doesn't hurt to get to know someone first, be a friend then take a stab at being more, at least that way you know what they like in the sex department.
    I had a successful tenure at it once. Well, it was successful until it imploded...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    2 choices....
    1) either talk it out & work through your issues.
    2) go your separate ways.

Simple as that my friend.
    Gibson1972
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    dcfaithful wrote:
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    I had a successful tenure at it once. Well, it was successful until it imploded...
    i've had opportunities too... usually (as luck would have it :roll: ) its the female friends i'm not really attracted to... guess there's something about not being attracted to someone that just makes me that much more comfortable and charismatic... its a shame thats how it works :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/