Options

PEARL JAM CANADA 2011

Comments

• Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Concert announcement for Edmonton tomorrow is definitely The Hip...
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    coachchris wrote:
    I think we are still a couple of weeks away from an announcement. I remember that the '05 tour that was also in September was announced in May and at that time that seemed like a very early announcement... Mid May perhaps?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    BeerBaron wrote:
    coachchris wrote:
    I think we are still a couple of weeks away from an announcement. I remember that the '05 tour that was also in September was announced in May and at that time that seemed like a very early announcement... Mid May perhaps?

The 05 Canadian tour was announced in Mid April, not may.

Tickets went on sale for the CA tour april 26th, 2005.
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,906
    GP179117 wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    coachchris wrote:

The 05 Canadian tour was announced in Mid April, not may.

Tickets went on sale for the CA tour april 26th, 2005.

We didn't know about any of the Canadian show's or when ticket's went on sale that time. Just day's before they were playing the Canadian Nation Anthem on their main page. 12am midnight PST 10club on April 26th 2005, they posted the show dates & the 10club ticket's went on sale right @ that same moment. I just woke that morning, 7am Halifax time, on April 26th with dozens of emails & happiness delight that they were playing Halifax & I could buy the 10club tickets right now. It was very shocking they didn't give us any heads up when 10club tickets would go on sale. If they would of done this today, especially for East Coast USA show's, it would be a scene like no other.
  • Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    They had been playing the Canadian Nation Anthem on their main page for at least a week before hand, and most dates had been leaked by the time the tickets went on sale, so it wasn't much of a surprise.

Point being......it wasn't May.
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    GP179117 wrote:
    They had been playing the Canadian Nation Anthem on their main page for at least a week before hand, and most dates had been leaked by the time the tickets went on sale, so it wasn't much of a surprise.

I didn't know about a Halifax leak. That :o the shit out of me.
  • Options
    Atleast one 20th anniversary show got announced :lol:

Sloan is playing The Starlite Room (Edmonton) on May 31st to celebrate their 20th anniversary. Tickets on sale Friday.
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    ^ seen sloan a few times, great live band...

really hoping that there's an east coast gig(s) this year! i'm skipping U2 in moncton on this hope !!!
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Lost_Clay wrote:
    ^ seen sloan a few times, great live band...

really hoping that there's an east coast gig(s) this year! i'm skipping U2 in moncton on this hope !!!
    Agreed, Sloan seems to be a Canadian's rite of passage.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    GP179117 wrote:

I stand corrected. Also, I don't recall most of the dates being leaked by the time the announcment was made. I specifically recall being shocked at the Kitchener, London and Hamilton shows.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    GP179117 wrote:

I stand corrected. Also, I don't recall most of the dates being leaked by the time the announcment was made. I specifically recall being shocked at the Kitchener, London and Hamilton shows.

I have a ton of connections in Thunder Bay (My Hometown) and had no idea of that show. How PJ pulled that off I have no idea :shock:

I remember when they announced the concert and ticket on sale date/time, there was one guy who literally set up a tent and Hibachi grill so he could guarantee himself a ticket and be first in line :lol:

For a city with a population of 115 000 that was a concert nobody ever expected to see roll through town, especially when the biggest show before that, some would argue was Kim Mitchell :lol: :?

Thanks again PJ for rocking out the Gardens ;)
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    coachchris wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    GP179117 wrote:

I have a ton of connections in Thunder Bay (My Hometown) and had no idea of that show. How PJ pulled that off I have no idea :shock:)

Oddly enough, Thunder Bay's one of the few cities I'd heard mentioned before the tour announcement. This was posted here:

"I think that this Canadian tour thing just might happen, and it may be more cities than we would expect. Our little 3000 seat arena in Thunder Bay, ON was contacted by Pearl Jam management. They wanted to know about the capacity and availability of the arena. Unfortunately, I couldn't squeeze any dates out of my source, as he knows that I'll be on here right away."

I almost had a heart attack when I read that (I'm from Thunder Bay, too), then wrote a blog entry about it that concluded, "Pearl Jam in Thunder Bay. The mind boggles." Never in a million years thought it would come to fruition; that's still the greatest night in my life as a music fan, and it wasn't even the best Pearl Jam concert I saw that weekend! :lol:
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    RR289010RR289010 Posts: 5
    Radio station here in winnipeg said "another concert announcement coming monday..stay tuned for pearl jam after the break"...am i over analyzing this?...before they announced the HIP they ran a promo saying stay tuned for a concert announcement the tomorrow.. then played 38 years old by the hip. When tool came last year i think they made it kinda obvious at times...whatcha think??
  • Options
    moonstepsmoonsteps Posts: 51
    I hope so Winnepeg. But I would expect that we get at least one days notice from the 10c?
    "Like a cloud dropping rain...I'm discarding all thought"
  • Options
    moonsteps wrote:
    I hope so Winnepeg. But I would expect that we get at least one days notice from the 10c?

Just heard another major concert announcement Monday morning here in Edmonton too?!?
  • Options
    RR289010 wrote:
    Radio station here in winnipeg said "another concert announcement coming monday..stay tuned for pearl jam after the break"...am i over analyzing this?...before they announced the HIP they ran a promo saying stay tuned for a concert announcement the tomorrow.. then played 38 years old by the hip. When tool came last year i think they made it kinda obvious at times...whatcha think??

yeah, I remember just before the Tool announcement came, Wheeler mentioned something about a concert announcement the following day, and said "get your screwdrivers ready". Real subtle.

I FUCKING HOPE WINNIPEG GETS ANNOUNCED. I don't give a shit about the Jets/Coyotes/Thrashers. Gimme some PJ!!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    pedalbreakpedalbreak Posts: 138
    Paul David wrote:
    RR289010 wrote:

yeah, I remember just before the Tool announcement came, Wheeler mentioned something about a concert announcement the following day, and said "get your screwdrivers ready". Real subtle.

I FUCKING HOPE WINNIPEG GETS ANNOUNCED. I don't give a shit about the Jets/Coyotes/Thrashers. Gimme some PJ!!!
    Amen brutha
  • Options
    coachchris wrote:
    moonsteps wrote:

Just heard another major concert announcement Monday morning here in Edmonton too?!?
    This could be it... let's hope :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TooMutsTooMuts Posts: 19
    Paul David wrote:

Fuck that!

PJ announced on Monday and the Jets return announced on Friday. Great week ahead from start to finish...
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Hmmm....maybe I'll hold off on the facebook announcement till I'm sure this time :oops: :lol:
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,399
    coachchris wrote:
    moonsteps wrote:

Aren't radio stations usually the last to know? I'm guessing we'd here something about fan club tix before the radio announces it?
  • Options
    Hmmm....maybe I'll hold off on the facebook announcement till I'm sure this time :oops: :lol:

No kidding. I guess every concert announcement is going to be pj. Lol
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    coachchris wrote:
    moonsteps wrote:

Aren't radio stations usually the last to know? I'm guessing we'd here something about fan club tix before the radio announces it?
    That has not always been the case in recent tours. Plus, we didn't get a "tweet" for the EV tour, so maybe those are a thing of the past too...
  • Options
    BearitBearit Posts: 15
    I would love a Winnipeg show. '05 was great!

I heard a rumour about September a few months ago. Let's hope this goes through. I may be taking a few days off work this fall.
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Is it Monday yet?
  • Options
    as long as theres a show within driving distance of central ohio im cool. so yea, vancover to halifax im down! anybody done a vancouver show before? got some air miles built up that id def use for this. lets get some toronto info pj!
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    as long as theres a show within driving distance of central ohio im cool. so yea, vancover to halifax im down! anybody done a vancouver show before? got some air miles built up that id def use for this. lets get some toronto info pj!
    Apparently the last Vancouver show was off-the-wall. The band seemed to have a great time, the crowd was loud and the set list was awesome. I wasn't there though.
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 356
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Apparently the last Vancouver show was off-the-wall. The band seemed to have a great time, the crowd was loud and the set list was awesome. I wasn't there though.
    yes, the show was a great one. vancouver always is for pj, packed to the rafters.it sold out in 4 or 5 minutes, then they released behind the stage. if you've ever listened to the 05 boot, ed said at first encore "from where we're standing, not only do you look good, but you're fucken loud as hell!" it was awesome. so, it's a must to attend :shock:
  • Options
    Come on Atlantic Canada. At least one show for the '11 year would be great in these parts of Canada. :)
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    demetrios wrote:
    Come on Atlantic Canada. At least one show for the '11 year would be great in these parts of Canada. :)
    Anyone know anyone with any local connections? I got nowhere with mine.