Options

PEARL JAM CANADA 2011

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,917
    awilkins wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Come on Atlantic Canada. At least one show for the '11 year would be great in these parts of Canada. :)
    Anyone know anyone with any local connections? I got nowhere with mine.

Lately on the early morning show on Live 105, they have been talking a lot about Pearl Jam and hoping they will stop by on their PJ20 tour. Same with Q104. I've sent emails to the Halifax Metro Centre and a few other's to get on board and get in contact with Pearl Jam for a gig this year. I get emails back that they are hoping to bring them back to the Metro Centre, but I don't know what's going on behind closed doors & their business talks with Pearl Jam.

The big rumor that's promising who will be playing @ the Halifax Citadel Hill on my birthday this summer will be Metallica. It's pretty great to hear when U2 will be playing @ the Magnetic Hill in Moncton.
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    demetrios wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Come on Atlantic Canada. At least one show for the '11 year would be great in these parts of Canada. :)

Lately on the early morning show on Live 105, they have been talking a lot about Pearl Jam and hoping they will stop by on their PJ20 tour. Same with Q104. I've sent emails to the Halifax Metro Centre and a few other's to get on board and get in contact with Pearl Jam for a gig this year. I get emails back that they are hoping to bring them back to the Metro Centre, but I don't know what's going on behind closed doors & their business talks with Pearl Jam.

The big rumor that's promising who will be playing @ the Halifax Citadel Hill on my birthday this summer will be Metallica. It's pretty great to hear when U2 will be playing @ the Magnetic Hill in Moncton.
    Wow, that actually sounds rather promising! I hope to catch a few shows if they come east of Montreal; damn University getting in the way again-- oh being a life-long student...
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I've been wishing for a Montreal gig for a few years now. God, I hope this happens!! :D
  • Options
    Haijay wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    as long as theres a show within driving distance of central ohio im cool. so yea, vancover to halifax im down! anybody done a vancouver show before? got some air miles built up that id def use for this. lets get some toronto info pj!
    Apparently the last Vancouver show was off-the-wall. The band seemed to have a great time, the crowd was loud and the set list was awesome. I wasn't there though.
    yes, the show was a great one. vancouver always is for pj, packed to the rafters.it sold out in 4 or 5 minutes, then they released behind the stage. if you've ever listened to the 05 boot, ed said at first encore "from where we're standing, not only do you look good, but you're fucken loud as hell!" it was awesome. so, it's a must to attend :shock:

wow nice thanks guys! i'll def be keeping my fingers crossed for a vancouver show! now, sounds like i need to check out some vancouver boots!
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    There doesn't seem to be any whispers out of Toronto regarding a big announcement today, which makes me wonder ... hopefully the Edmonton people will let us know what this is about in a couple of hours.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Kinda hoping there's no announcement today as I'm going to be in Montreal all day, i.e NOT at home.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,678
    The Edmonton announcement is in about 5 mins. I will post as soon as I hear.
  • Options
    TooMutsTooMuts Posts: 19
    May 30th wrote:
    The Edmonton announcement is in about 5 mins. I will post as soon as I hear.
    Any update?
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,678
    Kings of Leon was the announcement in Edmonton.....
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,016
    May 30th wrote:
    Thanks for posting... Personally, I think when the announcement is inevitable, there won't be any question around here that it's coming. I also find it hard to believe PJ would drop the ball for so long on their weekend get together, and then announce dates said to be happening after the conclusion of the get-together, before that event gets announced officially.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    May 30th wrote:
    Makes sense. Thanks.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    RR289010RR289010 Posts: 5
    yeah kings of leon here in winnipeg too
  • Options
    Two BirdsTwo Birds Posts: 256
    Kings of Leon were announced here in London today as well for October 8th show....

PJ20...Come Back, Come Back, Come Back!!!!!
    Peace,
    awilkins wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    awilkins wrote:

Wow, that actually sounds rather promising! I hope to catch a few shows if they come east of Montreal; damn University getting in the way again-- oh being a life-long student...

Few show's east of Toronto would be sweet. Would love to take the train on this one. From Toronto to Ottawa to Montreal to Quebec City. Then drive it or take the train back to Halifax, or Moncton for a show. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i would say a montreal then toronto show around TIFF is a pretty safe bet ... film will get its premiere there and I suspect the band will be there for it ... hopefully, my connections will get me in!
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    May 30th wrote:

The KOL concert is Oct 1st and they just announced it. PJ is scheduled a week before that...announcement has to be coming soon :?:
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    227213_10150172159166219_367157486218_6814203_102256_s.jpg

Some Canadian local alt rock station is teasing a huge annoucement on Tues morning and provided this clue
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:

Some Canadian local alt rock station is teasing a huge annoucement on Tues morning and provided this clue

If that 20 is on the left side, i bet the right side will be 11. :p

Which city/station?
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Calgary. Dunno which station.
  • Options
    W.M.EhW.M.Eh Posts: 133
    eldarion75 wrote:

:geek: Wow, thanks for sharing. That is as good of a clue as I have seen in a while that a radio station's announcement may actually be what we have all been waiting for. We will need to bump this thread on Tuesday to find out from our peeps in Calgary who the announcement for!

That 20 is hard to ignore that's for sure.
    The last PJ show I went to was the best PJ show ever, that is until they come around again of course

• Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Calgary. Dunno which station.

At first glance the pic looks like something Obey would print. I don't think it's for PJ20.

It might be Metallica? Just got word that this Monday there will be an announcement that they will be coming to Halifax on my birthday! :D They only have one show listed for their Canadian stop, 7/16/2011, Quebec City, Canada, Festival d'ete de Quebec then there's nothing till September.
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    I have a feeling this teaser '20' won't be for PJ... :evil:
  • Options
    nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    W.M.Eh wrote:
    :geek: Wow, thanks for sharing. That is as good of a clue as I have seen in a while that a radio station's announcement may actually be what we have all been waiting for. We will need to bump this thread on Tuesday to find out from our peeps in Calgary who the announcement for!

That 20 is hard to ignore that's for sure.

Don't worry folks. I'm on the case! I'm hoping for a good leg in Western Canada (Winnipeg, Sask, Calgary, Ed, Van). 5 shows would be a good September treat for me.
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • Options
    breath_girlbreath_girl Posts: 189
    eldarion75 wrote:

This is from X92.9 in Calgary. It's an alt rock station. The press release on this said they will "announce
    details for a new major outdoor event to take place in the city this summer."

"Calgary is a world class city, with many world class events; however Calgary's rock fans have been neglected a bit as of late," "This announcement is going to make up for all of that."

They posted that corner graphic as a teaser the other day. Since it says outdoor event my guess was Lolla since it's 20 too.
  • Options
    This is from X92.9 in Calgary. It's an alt rock station. The press release on this said they will "announce

"Calgary is a world class city, with many world class events; however Calgary's rock fans have been neglected a bit as of late," "This announcement is going to make up for all of that."

They posted that corner graphic as a teaser the other day. Since it says outdoor event my guess was Lolla since it's 20 too.
    :?
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:

Lolla in Calgary? That doesn't seem to make sense...
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    eldarion75 wrote:

X92.9? I used to listen to them a lot, except for that annoying twit in the afternoon.

Lolla in Calgary though?? :? I hope it is PJ :D
  • Options
    tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    cant wait for Canada! Been to quite a few shows there over the years and the crowds are always very loud! the arenas tend to be smaller (Kitchener...was a garage show!) 8-)

looking forward to little road trip like the 05 tour...
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,578
    BeerBaron wrote:

There was Lolla in Chile back in April. So why not Calgary?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

There was Lolla in Chile back in April. So why not Calgary?
    It is 100 % not Lollapalooza. I love seeing PJ outside, but I have never seen them on an Island In the sun.....