Oz time... Giveaway time. WINNER

Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,985
edited March 2011 in Lost Dogs
Hi Guys. :wave:

Since Eddie is to tour in Australia, It’s time to get down to business.

Here’s my giveaway: From Down Under (go check the price, it's insane, I can't believe people are so rapacious :shock: )

23wjmmh.jpg

Disc One (Melbourne Park, Australia, March 5th 1998)
1. Release
2. Brain Of J
3. Animal
4. Faithfull
5. In My Tree
6. I Got ID
7. Corduroy
8. Wishlist
9. Even Flow
10. Spin The Black Circle
11. Daughter
12. Given To Fly
13. Hail Hail
14. MFC
15. Eldery Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
16. Off He Goes
17. State Of Love And Trust

Disc Two (Melbourne Park, Australia, March 5th 1998)
1. Do The Revolution
2. Alive
3. Go
4. Black
5. Rearviewmirror
6. Immortality
7. Indifference
8. Porch

BONUS ("Bridge Benefit Concert" San Francisco, October 1st 1994)
9. Walkin' The Cow
10. Eldery Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
11. corduroy
12. Daughter
13. Footsteps
14. Yellow Ledbetter
15. Let me Sleep

All you have to do is tell why you’d like to go to Australia, or, if you're Australian, what you enjoy the most, there.

Giveaway will close Tuesday, March 1st at 7:00PM GMT +1 hour, I will randomly choose a winner (shipping is on me).

Good luck! ;)

Hubert.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    First of all, this is AWESOME! You are awesome for doing this.

Why I'd like to go to Australia (hahaaa i feel like I'm in 5th grade :) )

Number ONE reason I'd like to go to Australia is to meet up with the special people I call friends that I've met here in the pit and through fb PJ groups. That would be the ultimate reason to go anywhere.

After that, I'd hope that my Aussie friends would show me around the coolest and off the beaten path gems that australia has to offer.

AND while I'm there, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take me with you to the Eddie solo shows! :lol:

I might even be willing to try Vegemite while I'm there.

I hear there's some really great music down under. Other than ed, i mean. And i def want to experience the aussie brand of musical genius.

I want to see the sea, the outback, the cities...the WILDLIFE...animals that are found no where else in the world. Super cool!

Having never been, it seems like such a different place to be, physically and mentally. Looking forward to the day that I get up the nerve to actually board an airplane so I can experience it for myself.

good luck w your giveaway. I love seeing folks do things out of the kindness of their hearts.

peace,
    jo
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Well, I'd love to go to Australia because there is so much of it that I haven't seen.

I went when I was about 20 for 3 months and travelled around a bit then, but it's just so big and there is so much of it that I'd still like to explore! Plus as I'm older now I think I'd get a lot more out of a trip there, appreciate what I did previously more than I did at the time.

Great giveaway Hub :D
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    cool thread!
    To me, Australia is so far away and so unknown that is almost mystical to me. I am fascinated whenever I watch something on tv as in National Geographic and such that covers Australia. My sister spent 3 months there and she said one has not lived until experiencing Australia. For that and more is why I want to go
  • When I was a young buck, my Mother would make up bedtime stories with super exotic people and critters. The location of all of these stories- Australia. I have done the same thing with my own children now. I have dreamt about Australia more often than any other place throughout my life...it is my own personal "dream-land"...someday...
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Cool giveaway, thanks.

I would love to get to Australia to visit some friends. A really good friend of mine is from Melbourne and he's always inviting me over but I just haven't had the time. But I will someday. Cheers
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    edited February 2011
    the women the surf an tha green :mrgreen:

thanx for tha giveaway
  • I would like to go to Australia to see something different. I've been to different states all over the country, the only one maybe slightly resembling Australia being Arizona. But I don't know what Australia would be like. I want to see something that I wouldnt expect. However, if I see Hugh Jackman ANYWHERE, I'm bouncing. I can't stand him. He's too damn perfect. I don't even think he's really Australian!!!

Thanks!
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Australia...... the land of xxxx beer (VB is fine aswell), aussie rules football and kangaroos. That's a bit of the usual stuff what you would think of when you think about Australia. all great things, don't get me wrong, but the best 3 things to me are much better:

1. Koalas! I really love these furry animals. I love them so much, because the favorite stuffed animal of my (since yesterday) 5 year old daugther is a KOALA!!

2. Surfing! You must have tried to beloieve what the pros can do on their boards! I've tried it a few times and the 1 word that stays with me when I think of surfing is WIPE OUT!!! That's all I had on a board, but still love it!

3. The ABSOLUTE best thing in Australia has to be my brother. He has been living there for the past 8 years in which I have been able to visit him once! that was the best time we ever had together and since then, I have been saving and dreaming to go to Australia to visit him again. It's been 4 years since I have seen him. Wouldn't it be great if I would be able to visit him in March? on tehe one hand because I would love to see him, on the other hand because he has 2 tickets to see THE BIG ED-STER in Brisbane!!

So there you go! I would love to listen to the Aussie PJ!!
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    my dad wanted to move our family there back in the early 70's

things changed

oh, what a different ride that would have been

would love someday to see what might have been
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• This is a simple one

To see Eddie, HELLO That was easy :lol:
    "THEY USE FORCE TO MAKE YOU DO WHAT THE DECIDERS HAVE DECIDED YOU MUST DO!" ~ Zach De La Rocha

..And away.. we go!
    MSG 5/20/2010
    MSG 5/21/2010
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    I would like to go to Australia to see an Eddie's concert or a PJ's one. But, as long as I would be there I would love to visit Tasmania and see - or better touch :lol: - a tasmanian devil. :) Thanks for your generosity!

ht_tasmanian-devil_f2_081222_main.jpg
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    :o so cool giveaway!!!!

well besides seeing Ed there anytime I read or watch somethig about Australia I'm thinking how cool place must it be. Would love to go there one day especially to see Great Barrier Reef

Thanks Hubert!!! :thumbup:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • would love to scuba the Great Barrier reef, but honestly i would travel there just to hug a koala bear! Oh and beach.....
  • Hairy DaneHairy Dane Denmark Posts: 205
    Don't really know why, but Australia scares me with all the snakes, spiders and crocs and poisonous plants and cliffs and Paul Hogans and stuff.
    But would be cool to walk around humming "Bruce's Philosophers Song" and taste the beer - so "Bruce's Philosophers Song" & beer.
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    You are an amazingly generous person for doing this.

I would love to go to Australia for many reasons...some of which include seeing a kangaroo in its natural habitat, taste new foods (my favorite pass time), meet up with PJ fans, and to see the Great Barrier Reef, the Sydney Opera House...so many things to see and experience!
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    beer and weed :mrgreen:

thanks man
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    The 3 reason's I'd love to go to Australia:

1) I want so see which way the toilets flush
    2) I want to visit Steve Irwin's zoo
    3) I want to adapt to Australian language and acquire an awesome accent.

Thanks for the cool giveaway.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    The 3 reason's I'd love to go to Australia:

1) I want so see which way the toilets flush
    2) I want to visit Steve Irwin's zoo
    3) I want to adapt to Australian language and acquire an awesome accent.

Thanks for the cool giveaway.

number 2 - AMAZING place. definitely the best zoo i have visited.
  • I'd like to go to Australia cause I have family (uncle, aunt, and 4 cousins) that I very rarely get to see. And it looks incredibly beautiful
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Would love to go just to see something different!!

Thanks for the chance!!!
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
  • i love australia because i love our beautiful beaches , i feel at home by the ocean
    "the oceans are where waves roll in my thoughts"
    thanks for the chance!
    and love ..... wish the world would go again with love , one cant seem to have enough.........
  • I'd love to go to Australia because it just looks like a beautiful place to visit!Thanks for the chance!
    :mrgreen:
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Carlton Crown on Boxing Day playing cricket on the beach with my family : )
    Can't wait to come back very soon...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • because i wanna go on walkabout... and learn to play the didgeridoo
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Cool giveaway! :thumbup:
    My dad went to Australia about 30 years ago, and he was always telling me stories about it when I was growing up. I have pictures of him holding koalas and laying in a field of kangaroos (seriously!). It just seems like a really beautiful, interesting place to visit. Plus I love the accents. :mrgreen:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • I would like to go to Australia because it's not Arkansas. ;)
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    id like to go to Australia
    A .. because ive got friends over there that ive not seen for years 8-)
    B .. cos its nice and warm unlike my place at the mo :lol::lol:
    C ..not forgetting the Great Barrier Reef that id love to see before man ruins it :(
    thank old son
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    I have always wanted to go to Oz - for the beautiful scenery alone. A PJ or EV show would just be an added bonus. Great giveaway!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Being a Florida boy, who had to move waaaaaay inland (Ky), I was always curious about the beaches in Australia. I remember seeing underground surfing videos & just watched with amazement, I mean c'mon, waves in Australia? As I got older some of my friends were lucky enough to go there a few times & always came back with pictures & stories about the beaches, waves, and people there. I was always so jealous! It is on my Top 3 list of places worldwide I would like to take my family to visit. Plus,my 2 girls looovvvve Kangaroos!

PS...that PJ show is in my top 3 shows as well!
    aqo2t.jpg