Options

Oz time... Giveaway time. WINNER

Comments

• Options
    very cool giveaway

Who wouldn't want to go to Australia?

To see Eddie, to fight a kangaroo, to pick up the cool accent :lol: to see the opera house, the great barrier reef, to cuddle a koala, to go on a walkabout deep in the australian wilderness, to view the amazing landscape, to go to the beautiful beaches...so much to see and do there

some day, i need to go there
    been on my wishlist of places to go to for a LOOOOONG time

thanks
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,989
    Great answers guys (nobody talked about Australian movies though: Muriel's Wedding, Mad Max... yesterday, I watched The Loved Ones, which was really good). :)

Anyway, 3 more days to go!!! Hurry up!!! :D
  • Options
    This is truly an awesome give away.

Like many others have stated, Australia has been the one place I have always wanted to go. It seems like it has always just been out of reach. When we talk about it it is always, well maybe next year. I have read a lot about it and know a lot about the perils that can befall a person just trying to get from one place to another. It just sounds like an Indiana jones movie every day of life. It is my holy Grail to go there some day. And not just for a week or two but to spend a month or more to explore and see what I can get into.

Thanks again for this opportunity. It is awesome!
  • Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    Hub. wrote:
    Great answers guys (nobody talked about Australian movies though: Muriel's Wedding, Mad Max... yesterday, I watched The Loved Ones, which was really good). :)

Anyway, 3 more days to go!!! Hurry up!!! :D

Duh, forgot about movies...my favorite Aussie movie was 'Sirens' with Elle Macpherson.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111201/
  • Options
    JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    Dive into the Great Barrier Reef, see kangaroos and koala bears and look up Cate of course!

Thank you for the chance!
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Options
    As an Aussie i have to say the best thing without a doubt would have to be our Aussie 'spirit' and our willingness to band together and help each other through our recent devistating natural disasters here and in our sister country NZ.....its what makes me proud to be an Aussie!!!

VERY cool givaway....thanks for the chance :)
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Options
    Great giveaway Hubert, thanks for the chance!!! I've always wanted to go to Australia because anyone I've ever talked to who's been there has said it's one of if not the most beautiful places they've ever been to. It's probably the only place I'd get on an 18 hour flight for :D
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    Some of the best weather on the planet as far as i can tell, the free spirit type of thinking..and there's some hot chicks down there and that accent doesn't hurt
  • Options
    gfnk001 wrote:

Duh, forgot about movies...my favorite Aussie movie was 'Sirens' with Elle Macpherson.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111201/

Good movie indeed. ;)
    and there's some hot chicks down there

:thumbup:
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Two reasons to go to Oz: Neighbours and Home & Away!!!!!

I'd love to go Oz for the great weather, great people and to watch an NRL Grand Final. That'd be cool.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    thebrigthebrig Posts: 394
    What a great giveaway!!

I'd love to go to Australia to check out the landscape. My sister travelled through there for a month and told me about some of the awesome places she visited. And of course...Sydney looks absolutely awesome in the summer.

Thanks!
    Mantis-2.gif
  • Options
    stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    Australia is a BEAUTIFUL country. For me, it's the diversity of the country. It's the scenery that takes your breath away.
    Standing on a deserted beach looking at the ocean - the blue and turquoise water, the sound of the waves hitting the sand, the smell of the salt. The early morning fog over the hills or mountains - the absolute silence, and the chill you feel on your face as you watch the sun rise and change the colour of the landscape. The complete red of the desert and outback, juxtaposed against the brown green of the shrubs, and the heat you can feel as you breathe.

I love the smells and the sounds and the colours that I see. When you drive down a country road and the land opens up before you, and you see the clouds against a blue sky and the shadows on the mountains it creates. It makes you feel alive. It makes you want to breathe in as much of the pureness as you can.

Sometimes in winter, it will be so cold, yet you go outside, and the sun is shining, but it hurts in your nose and throat with every breath you take in. But the air is so crisp and clear that you just HAVE to be in it.

I love walking through the bush, and hearing the sound of your footfalls crunching the dried gum leaves on the ground, and seeing a small bush mouse out of the corner of your eye. I love the smell of eucalyptus. I love the sound of magpies warbling in the morning. I love seeing a kangaroo raise it's head to you as you drive past, with no fear in it's eyes.

I love a summer storm in far north Queensland, when the rain is so warm you could shower in it, and it comes down so hard. I love the thunder clouds on the horizon.

I love the smell of fresh cut grass on a Sunday morning, and the smell of the rain right before it hits on a hot summer night. I love the sound of the rain on a tin roof in front of an open fire in the middle of the bush. I love camping near a quiet stream where it's so quiet you can hear the wombats and koalas grunting.

I love being an Australian. I could probably write for days about all the little things I love, but it boils down to loving my country. The landscape has the power to bring me to tears, or make me sigh with absolute joy at seeing something so pure and clean. I don't know how else to try and make other people, especially people who have never been here, see the beauty that is the diversity and majesty of Australia.
  • Options
    Great giveaway buddy, I 've always fancied going to Australia ever since watching Billy Connellys world tour of Australia series a few years ago... And to see pj or Eddie under the sun would be awesome!! Thanks again for the chance!
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    I'd love to visit the reef....
    The nature in general...
    Kangaroos... Koalas!!
    :)
    Thanks for the chance, and enjoy Ed live ;)
  • Options
    All right!

It's over! Thanks to the 44 of you who participated.

wjglj8.jpg

Abd the winner is...

i4p955.jpg

Congrats to Paulina87
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    awesome, Paulina deserves to win!
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    What? :o Really?
    mood_excited.gifmood_excited.gifmood_excited.gif

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    So cool giveaway, you rock Hubert!! :P
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,617
    Congrats paulina!!! you really deserve it !! :D
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    WELL DONE!!
    (so cool these giveaways!!)
    :D
  • Options
    Happy for you. :D

Tomorrow's another day, and tomorrow's another giveaway, but... :shh:
  • Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    Congrats Paulina
    :clap:

and thanks Hub for the chance.

:D
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Congrats Paulina!! :D You have to visit us now!!!! :lol::D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Hairy DaneHairy Dane Denmark Posts: 205
    Yeah congratulations! :D Was rooting for someone in a fellow cold place, and Poland seems fairly cold to me ;)
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Congrats!! :mrgreen:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    Thanks guys!! Now I have to go to Australia 8-)
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
    Congratulations Paulina!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    You lucky gal.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    :clap::clap::clap: well done