Options

Online dating?

124»

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTD9kOcsuO7HZdTlvqdb70fNzW_J27rKTxBzNqaPDFhSW3RaaOw9A
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    RKCNDY wrote:

I did meet crazy people, and I had no shame in pounding the beer I just ordered and telling them "Nice to meet you, I'm gonna go home"

I like this.

I've been dabbling in internet dating for about 6 months now. And, I've liked half the guys I've met; that's a better percentage than the people I've liked that I met "out in the world."

It does seem like a strange process to me. Looking through profiles and whatnot - it's a lot like shopping. It kind of creeps me out now and then, but whatever.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    metsfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I did meet crazy people, and I had no shame in pounding the beer I just ordered and telling them "Nice to meet you, I'm gonna go home"
    epic!!!!!!!

It's that attitude that might actually make me try it. It's been about 9 months since the engagement thing ended like a fiery car wreck ... time to go grace some nice female with my mental baggage!

While the setting might be different, I imagine showing up to the first one of these dates like this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBB6pmixR4Q
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    For once I have seen girls that I would be keen to send a message to but am ashamed to engage in online dating. :?

Anyone else feel ashamed?

I've wanted to give it a go now for a while but something holds me back.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    For once I have seen girls that I would be keen to send a message to but am ashamed to engage in online dating. :?

just do it... i met my current guy online and weve been together since last year. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

just do it... i met my current guy online and weve been together since last year. 8-)

I've been trawling Oasis for a while and noone struck me as decent.
    Logged on earlier and there are quite a few now that seem decent.
    The rest TyPe LyK dIS, stupid bio's and have pathetic pics of themselves, good to see normal girls have recently joined.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    The rest TyPe LyK dIS, stupid bio's and have pathetic pics of themselves, good to see normal girls have recently joined.

i hated constructing my online profile bio... how the fuck am i suppose to know what constitutes my ideal man when i dont believe in such a thing? i think some people collect scalps and surprise surprise.. thats not what im about and i def dont want anything to to do with anyone that does. i also think you have to have a few misses to have a hit. thats just the way of the world as i see it. so long as you continue to think maybe the next one will be THE one, youll be fine. dont give up.. cause thats not what lifes about. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

i hated constructing my online profile bio... how the fuck am i suppose to know what constitutes my ideal man when i dont believe in such a thing? i think some people collect scalps and surprise surprise.. thats not what im about and i def dont want anything to to do with anyone that does. i also think you have to have a few misses to have a hit. thats just the way of the world as i see it. so long as you continue to think maybe the next one will be THE one, youll be fine. dont give up.. cause thats not what lifes about. 8-)

:)

I've actually read things like "no ugly guys", "must have big arms" :roll:
    Do girls realise that having profile pics of them with their tits hanging out and skirts up to their hips is a turn off.
  • Options

Do girls realise that having profile pics of them with their tits hanging out and skirts up to their hips is a turn off.

OMG!!! i totally shoulda got my tits out... i knew i wasnt doing something right. i just put it down to appearing intelligent. :lol:

big arms??? what are they looking for a gorilla???? ugh i hated pumped guys.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

mmmm, sluts
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672

Are there other sites you could check out? That one doesn't sound so great.

I have no idea what other women's bios are like on the site I use, but I can tell you there are a fair number of slutty men posed shirtless and flexing. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Just like real life, you have to wade through a lot of people who aren't right for you before you come across someone who might be.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    nail 'em all
    :twisted:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    9 months now with my internet girlfriend.. most times we forget we met online. 8-)
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I had a lot of duds, but my sisterand I both ironically met our now wife and husband online.

Don't think of online dating as anything more than preventing you from having to do shitty pick up lines and be chicken shit in a bar or some other place and approach a stranger.

It is a great way to get to know a little about whomever ahead of time, and set shit up in advance. You still have to then go on a date/dates, so it really is just an easy way to get the first step accomplished nothing more.

I had good dates and bad dates just as if I would have had I randomly asked strangers out.

I never had time to waste as I was always busy with work, so online dating just made getting things started way easier and convenient for both parties. Sometimes you just can;t go out enough to meet Mr/Ms. right, online dating allows some flexibility.

Yeah sure some offer matches based on criteria, but in the end it is all going to come down to real dates, so it is really just a substitute for the ice-breaker, the pick up line, the introduction the rest is all the same had you met in a bar.

I used match and e-harmony, e-harmony is where we both met our now spouses. Always looked at match as more of a meat market. e-harmony dug a lot deeper in finding people that would click with you. It did not hit a home run every time, but hell you can't expect to meet the one in your first pick. try until you succeed, just like you would any other way