Options

Online dating?

Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone ever do it? I've got my first date lined up for saturday... figured there's no harm in trying it once... using a free site... seems like a really cool girl... talked on the phone so I know she's not a 50 y.o. sex pervert out to rape handsome young men like myself

Just wanted to hear some positive feedback
"Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Talk to likeanocean....

So.....where you going
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    talked on the phone so I know she's not a 50 y.o. sex pervert out to rape handsome young men like myself

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "THEY USE FORCE TO MAKE YOU DO WHAT THE DECIDERS HAVE DECIDED YOU MUST DO!" ~ Zach De La Rocha

..And away.. we go!
    MSG 5/20/2010
    MSG 5/21/2010
  • Options
    I'm against commitment IRL and OTI.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Talk to likeanocean....

So.....where you going
    actually thought we might check out the auto show, grab some dinner, and go out to the bars... just try to keep it as low pressure and fun as possible

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Full papparatzi mode, will be i :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:
    Talk to likeanocean....

So.....where you going
    If nothing else, you'll gather stories to tell your next online date. :lol:
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    been thinking of trying but dunno.....
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    The auto show ?
    She into cars ?
    Going to go talk about cars on a first date ?

Don't do it man ... fuck the auto show. I say you go for some greenery instead dude

Just saying
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    81 wrote:
    Talk to likeanocean....

So.....where you going
    actually thought we might check out the auto show, grab some dinner, and go out to the bars... just try to keep it as low pressure and fun as possible
    I think thats a great first date....walking about with a conversation topic supplied to ease the sometimes awkward first hours.
    Dinner for more personal talk and cocktails and maybe dancing to loosen up and move closer together physically.
    I hope it goes well and is the start of something lovely :D
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    If this gets you a date you can be happy with more power to you.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Do it! Online are where all the freaks are.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I would love to go to the auto show for a 'first date'. I used to go to the auto show every year.

Been on many 'blind internet dates'...some good, some not so great. Nothing horrible happened, jut the guy turned out to be...not what they said they were, or looked anything like their picture.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    I did the whole online dating thing a few years ago. My advice to you is to maybe save the auto show date for the 2nd date. If there is one i.e. Personally, I felt that a short first time date, (like 1hr or or so) over coffee or lunch worked much better. I know...it sounds quite boring with just a "regular" date but knowing you only have this short time (in which you will know for sure whether you wish to see this person again or not) takes a lot of the pressure off. THEN...you can go big for the 2nd date (AUTO SHOW!!). Because there's nothing worse than to be stuck somewhere for hours with a stranger who's company you don't appreciate at all. And I've experienced those dates too... no fun:)
    Good luck!
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    When I met my roomie/ bestest buddy back in 77 she did Com-Dates that's what it was called back then.

She had a different date for each meal...I was very impressed!
    She ate 3 squares a day and never paid a thing :lol:

My Scottie dog, McKay, lifted his leg on one guy's shoe ...I never forget the puddle on the floor
    and the look on his face :lol:

We both cracked up...he left...she went hungry that night....well, probably had to have for dinner
    what I lived on.... cheese toast :D
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

We are living proof.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

We are living proof.

Indeed
  • Options
    Soooo, where is the update
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Soooo, where is the update
    it was a good time... we hit it off... went to dinner, zanies, and my friends party

i don't see it being anything super long term, but we'll probably go out again

not that its any of your DAMN BUSINESS :o

• Options
    It became our business when you hit submit new thread on this thread.
    :mrgreen:

So.....whats her bra size :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    never tried online dating myself....and i'm now married, so i never will have to. but i can say that my sister met her husband through an online dating site & their compatibility is off the charts.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    So.....whats her bra size :P
    a gentleman does not grope n tell

(I'll PM you) ;)

• Options
    I married the first guy I met on the internet :?
    Found him here :?
    This is indeed where all the freaks are :shock: :lol:

Good luck. Seems like a good way to meet people and get a chance to know a bit about them.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

Good luck. Seems like a good way to meet people and get a chance to know a bit about them.
    LMFAO
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    I too married a guy I found here!! Couldn't be happier!! We didn't just meet online, we had to carry on a long distance relationship for awhile as well. We met face to face in November of '07, had several visits back and forth across the country until he moved here in May of '08 and we were married in August '10 in Maui!!! I think the distance helped us to really get to know one another and develop a really strong connection without dealing with a physical relationship as well.
    I'm all for online dating.....good luck to you!!!
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Be careful guys, you might find another Eliza Baker out there.....
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

:)

It is more and more common these days.
  • Options

I just don't recommend the whole 10,000 mile long-distance thing for years on end...or the whole immigration process thing if you can avoid it...but apparently I wouldn't have it any other way :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

happened to me.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options

I just don't recommend the whole 10,000 mile long-distance thing for years on end...or the whole immigration process thing if you can avoid it...but apparently I wouldn't have it any other way :lol:

:lol:

I will try to keep it local or at least within driving distance :D
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    It's weird at first, but actually becomes interesting after a while.. I've probably been on a few dozen dates with a dozen or so women through the internet, but you will find something good eventually.

Going on 4 months now with this one.. Just got a text from her, "can I make you dinner tomorrow?"

I think she's a keeper. :D