• Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Isn't online dating what this place is for? ;):mrgreen:

no

FINE :evil:

:D
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    5 months with this one I met online now. Time has really flown! It feels like yesterday... This is probably after a dozen or so other online dates. Most only one date. Another got up to half a dozen..

I really like this girl. I get along better with her than I do my best friends, which is crazy. I finally found someone I feel really comfortable around. I don't see this ending any time..

Haven't told her I love her yet. That's the next step.. just waiting for the right time. Still feels early..
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    contemplating it as I don't like going out much these days
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Where is your god damn apostrophe!

i threw it in the recycling with the empty wine bottles. 8-)

and was that a question? i couldnt tell without a question mark. :P

I just took you off the Christmas card list. That is a statement.

;)

just dont forget my birthday. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    sandgropersandgroper Posts: 172
    Yeah I’ve been on it for about a year, I’ve had good dates and some bad/awkward dates, even flew interstate to meet someone whom I still have high regards for, the long distance has me a bit weary though. The first thing I read after looking at pics is their taste in music, it's my way of pre judging someone. There’s nothing wrong with giving it a go, it can be a bit addictive at first, but I’m getting over it now.
  • Options
    sandgroper wrote:
    Yeah I’ve been on it for about a year, I’ve had good dates and some bad/awkward dates, even flew interstate to meet someone whom I still have high regards for, the long distance has me a bit weary though. The first thing I read after looking at pics is their taste in music, it's my way of pre judging someone. There’s nothing wrong with giving it a go, it can be a bit addictive at first, but I’m getting over it now.

I always thought you were a guy until I saw your new avatar :)
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    sandgropersandgroper Posts: 172

but my previous avatar had a pic of me too, did i look like a bloke in that one?
  • Options
    sandgroper wrote:

but my previous avatar had a pic of me too, did i look like a bloke in that one?
    Given you have like 60 posts, I'm sure Thoughts Arrive doesn't remember you.. He's probably just trying to hit on you.. What a hornball. ;)
  • Options
    sandgroper wrote:

Never seen that avatar.
  • Options
    sandgroper wrote:

Given you have like 60 posts, I'm sure Thoughts Arrive doesn't remember you.. He's probably just trying to hit on you.. What a hornball. ;)

I like poetry and long walks on the beach at sunset.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    I joined match.com a while back. Had no luck and stopped. Recently re-joined. Met two people. First date went ok, but really didn't feel a connection (don't think she did either). The second girl I went out last Sunday, I went I thought it went real well. We had lots in common and the conversation went pretty good. However tried calling her to see if she wanted to go out again no answer, twice. So I e-mailed her. She said she did have a good time but didn't really fell there could be a relationship She still wants to be friends, not me it's her yadda yadda yadda. :(

So that's the story of my life.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I joined match.com a while back. Had no luck and stopped. Recently re-joined. Met two people. First date went ok, but really didn't feel a connection (don't think she did either). The second girl I went out last Sunday, I went I thought it went real well. We had lots in common and the conversation went pretty good. However tried calling her to see if she wanted to go out again no answer, twice. So I e-mailed her. She said she did have a good time but didn't really fell there could be a relationship She still wants to be friends, not me it's her yadda yadda yadda. :(

Odds are you're going to have a number of dates that don't work out....Don't be discouraged by one mismatch...be encouraged that you managed to find two dates in what sounds like a relatively short timespan :)

I revised my online dating profile about a month ago and wow....putting some time and effort into the thing makes a huuuge difference! :lol: Apparently women really aren't that shallow, and they actually read them....The response thusfar has been very positive...but get this: I'm now talking to 3 women from the site (met 2 in person so far, making plans to meet the third this week).....all 3 are named Amanda. WTF are the odds? I'm so paranoid about sending the wrong email/text to the wrong one...:?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    all 3 are named Amanda. WTF are the odds? I'm so paranoid about sending the wrong email/text to the wrong one...:?

:lol:

at least you don't have to worry about calling them the wrong name when you are out with them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    7 months now with this one.. planning on moving in together in October.. I can't see not asking her to marry me when the time is right, just don't plan on doing it this year. I want to live with her for a bit before I'm 100%. 8-)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Gob wrote:
    7 months now with this one.. planning on moving in together in October.. I can't see not asking her to marry me when the time is right, just don't plan on doing it this year. I want to live with her for a bit before I'm 100%. 8-)

8 years seems llike the right amount of time :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:
    Gob wrote:

8 years seems llike the right amount of time :lol:
    My buddy's on 7 with his.. They broke up temporaily at 5 because of the issue..

Good luck! :lol:
  • Options
    it'll be 8 years in september...so far no deisre on her part to get married. i see a tax benifit. :lol:

i'm going to combine our auto insurance later this week, so the intertwining continues.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:
    it'll be 8 years in september...so far no deisre on her part to get married. i see a tax benifit. :lol:

i'm going to combine our auto insurance later this week, so the intertwining continues.
    I've always been the "single friend".. If I propose before my buddy does, I think it's an automatic death sentence for him. :lol:
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951

Odds are you're going to have a number of dates that don't work out....Don't be discouraged by one mismatch...be encouraged that you managed to find two dates in what sounds like a relatively short timespan :)

I revised my online dating profile about a month ago and wow....putting some time and effort into the thing makes a huuuge difference! :lol: Apparently women really aren't that shallow, and they actually read them....The response thusfar has been very positive...but get this: I'm now talking to 3 women from the site (met 2 in person so far, making plans to meet the third this week).....all 3 are named Amanda. WTF are the odds? I'm so paranoid about sending the wrong email/text to the wrong one...:?

thanks for the words of encouragement :)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691

:lol::lol:

I ended up deleting my profile and hoping that whole "when you aren't looking..." bizo might be true :roll: :lol:
  • Options
  • Options
    persentice pays off
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I've recently dipped my toes into this whole thing recently.
    Wow.
    What a mindfuck.
    Don't want to be a debbie downer,
    but was not any positive happenings for me, personally.
    The people I met were,
    well,
    completely crazy.

I'm a little scared to proceed any further,
    it feels slightly like being " forced " .( if thats any sense )
    So now , I'm feeling just to let natural occurences take their course.

Best of luck to everyone out there trying,
    by however means you are resorting to .

:thumbup:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:
    persentice pays off

I am pretty sure I am not willing to be that persistent. :? :lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    you guys need to chill..."I met 2 people and it didn't work out" well, it's just like being set up by your friends...just the computer is picking your dates. Dating/meeting new people isn't a science, it's nature. You don't get along...so what..there are more people out there to meet!

If you're gonna go meet people from the internet, quit putting so much pressure on the date to 'make it work'. That just kills the mood and 'getting to know each other' phase.

I've put out personal ads...met around 40 people. Some were cool, some were not. Even crazy people want somebody to date...remember, there is probably another crazy person out there for every person that's too crazy for you. :lol:
    After I quit trying to 'make it work out' I started having more fun meeting people...there was no pressure to 'get along', no pressure to 'force a relationship'. Just say, 'I'm looking for more people to hang out with, go to shows with etc' so both sides aren't so nervous. I met a lot of cool people, went to a lot of cool shows, had some good times with cool people...so what if I didn't like them enough to date them? I expanded my group of cool people to hang with.

I did meet crazy people, and I had no shame in pounding the beer I just ordered and telling them "Nice to meet you, I'm gonna go home"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    RKCNDY wrote:

I did meet crazy people, and I had no shame in pounding the beer I just ordered and telling them "Nice to meet you, I'm gonna go home"
    epic!!!!!!!
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    you guys need to chill..."I met 2 people and it didn't work out" well, it's just like being set up by your friends...just the computer is picking your dates. Dating/meeting new people isn't a science, it's nature. You don't get along...so what..there are more people out there to meet!

If you're gonna go meet people from the internet, quit putting so much pressure on the date to 'make it work'. That just kills the mood and 'getting to know each other' phase.

I've put out personal ads...met around 40 people. Some were cool, some were not. Even crazy people want somebody to date...remember, there is probably another crazy person out there for every person that's too crazy for you. :lol:
    After I quit trying to 'make it work out' I started having more fun meeting people...there was no pressure to 'get along', no pressure to 'force a relationship'. Just say, 'I'm looking for more people to hang out with, go to shows with etc' so both sides aren't so nervous. I met a lot of cool people, went to a lot of cool shows, had some good times with cool people...so what if I didn't like them enough to date them? I expanded my group of cool people to hang with.

I just meant I don't want to wait until I am 90 :lol: Well she was married before but you know what I mean.
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

epic!!!!!!!
    Pj20 is going to see a skunk drunk 4and20
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    The 81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

epic!!!!!!!
    cool with me :lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    metsfan wrote:
    The 81 wrote:
    cool with me :lol::lol:

:evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless