Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    E.Rutherford, NJ 2006
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    listening to and really enjoying Calgary 2011. a great bootleg for sure. wonderful selection of songs, an energetic crowd and a band on fire. this one definitely delivers!

other than that, i am currently listening to Fugazi live @ the U.A. Local Pipefitter's Hall, Phoenix, AZ, May 12, 1990 (Fugazi Live Series #0208). awesome show :D
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Honolulu 2nd Decmber 2006; hasn't really been played all that much in the past; don't think it will become a favourite
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    Bilbao, Spain July 9, 2010. Opening salvo - Do the Evolution. Corduroy, Hail Hail, Why Go - ROCK ON!!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    Hamilton '11. Man, that night was un-fuckin-believable!! :D
  • Options
    MSG 7/8/03-the show was incredible-loved Wishlist especially! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    O2 Arena London 2009. I should have been at this show but commitments at home prevented it from happening. If there was ever a show in the UK that ticked all the boxes then this was it. Sometimes a show has that particular magic and so often these shows open with Release. I'm crossing my fingers for it in Manchester! :)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    veddertown wrote:
    O2 Arena London 2009. I should have been at this show but commitments at home prevented it from happening. If there was ever a show in the UK that ticked all the boxes then this was it. Sometimes a show has that particular magic and so often these shows open with Release. I'm crossing my fingers for it in Manchester! :)

I too hope we get Release in Manchester! I'd be happy if they played it both nights :lol::lol::lol: My last 2 gigs they've opened with Long Road so selfishly I'm hoping they don't for those 2 nights!!!

Currently listening to #36 from 2000. Great version of Nothing As It Seems, might be my favourite yet.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    slc 09
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

I too hope we get Release in Manchester! I'd be happy if they played it both nights :lol::lol::lol: My last 2 gigs they've opened with Long Road so selfishly I'm hoping they don't for those 2 nights!!!

Currently listening to #36 from 2000. Great version of Nothing As It Seems, might be my favourite yet.
    Noblesville ??is amazing indeed..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

wow, great set list. thanks for bringing this to my attention! i will check it out. ..
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    Going to work with SLC '95 Night 1.
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

just heard one of my favorites,,Fargo 03.....brilliant!!!!!

what a frikkin fuckin song..God guitar killing my brain...
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    Vancouver...Canada 2011......Wow....its killer....The vibe is very good and you can easily tell that Ed and the Band is having the time of their lives.......Also,...i've never been a fan of Ed doing Crown of Thorns but, i have to admit...this version is the best i've heard him sing it to date...
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

just heard one of my favorites,,Fargo 03.....brilliant!!!!!

what a frikkin fuckin song..God guitar killing my brain...

Which brings me back to something I was pondering a little while ago listening to Cardiff 2000...

"Although I love NAIS, I am not sure it works for me as a show opener. I always considered this song to be sort of intimate, setting a very specific, rather "dark" mood, which demands a certain mindset. That is why I am having a bit of trouble listening to this song as an opener. I think I prefer it later on in the set, played on rare occasions, when it falls into place with the rest of the set and general "feel" of the evening. In this regard, I definitely enjoyed the 2003 Fargo version recently."

• Options
    Saratoga '00

• Options
    Paris, France 2000- Eddie mentions getting an instrument as a gift-does anyone know what it was? (I am part way through the concert-not sure if he tells later)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Paris, France 2000- Eddie mentions getting an instrument as a gift-does anyone know what it was? (I am part way through the concert-not sure if he tells later)
    I don't know if I remember correctly but I seem to recall Ed being given a harmonica on the Euro tour on the condition that they played Smile?

Edit: From twofeetthick.com
    Paris Bercy:
    Before ‘Pilate,’ a fan on the barricade gives Ed a harmonica and he plays a second of ‘Footsteps’ on it and says, “I just got a musical instrument as a gift either from the people of France or that guy right there. Is this something that you all pitched in for? Either way I’m very moved. Thank you very much.” (Ed had given his harmonica to a fan in Cardiff right after playing ‘Smile’.)

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know, Veddertown! I'll have to listen to Ed play a second of Footsteps on the harmonica-somehow I missed that first time around! :oops:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    boyo79 wrote:
    Saratoga '00

Such a GREAT show! My favorite of the 2000 tour. Fantastic Sleight Of Hand!
  • Options
    Nurnberg 2000
  • Options
    Still listening to France 2000-just heard an amazing version of RVM! :clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Landgraaf 2000
  • Options
    Birmingham, AL 9/3/98
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Listening to my first ever bootleg...Adelaide 09....lovin it :D

Tracey
    Sydney Ent Centre: 10/03/1995

All the rusted signs we ignore thoughout our lives
    Choosing the shiny ones instead
  • Options

Tracey

First PJ boot? :clap:
  • Options

Tracey

Let the addiction begin!!! ;)
  • Options
    Bonner Springs '03. So far listened upto 'Help Help'. Great set and performance so far, very much looking like these will become a favourite bootleg.

Immortality :o . Amazing version. Great performances of Help Help and Ghost.

Looking forward to listening to more of the show once I've finished work tonight

• Options
    Zurich 2000. Absolutely fantastic show. Strangely only Porch and Alive from Ten, great run of songs from the main set, NAIS and Off He Goes are excellent, the "man" trilogy is another highlight and I wish they'd still play Thin Air once in a while because it's such a beautiful song. One of the nicest setlists from the Euro tour. I intend to take in Salzburg today too!! :)

• Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    edited January 2012
    veddertown wrote:
    Zurich 2000. Absolutely fantastic show. Strangely only Porch and Alive from Ten, great run of songs from the main set, NAIS and Off He Goes are excellent, the "man" trilogy is another highlight and I wish they'd still play Thin Air once in a while because it's such a beautiful song. One of the nicest setlists from the Euro tour. I intend to take in Salzburg today too!! :)

You will LOVE Salzburg!

I only got hold of it last week (nearly completed the 2000 tour!) and I can't believe that one of the last of that tour that I've heard and it has simply the best version of Breakerfall I've ever heard!

Eddie sounds down right angry when singing it. Not with the amazing crowd I might add - just how his vocals sound. In fact I even wondered whether C. Love had said something in the press that day or something ;)

In fact pretty much the whole show is one of those where you can't believe that he didn't just totally fuck up his voice!
    Post edited by Stinkfoot on
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready