Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    Vault 3 again. I am in love with this boot. Can't beat '98 PJ. How Eddie still has vocal chords after singing "Do the Evolution" on this tour is beyond me.
    :D
    And once again...
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Almost done with Vault 1. God, Eddie's voice from 1991/1992 is just gold!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Newch91 wrote:
    oh yeah..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    oslo 12
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Newch91 wrote:
    That's Gold, Jerry...just Gold!
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
    veddertown wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Pearl Jam Vault # 0 ;)

1993-11-30 Aladdin Theater, Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Hello stranger... :wave: Pop in again soon... :D

Will do. 8-)
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
    Off to work with RNDM's Toronto '12 bootleg. :D
  • BA13 fast becoming one of my all time favs, unbelievable crowd great setlist, great sound (matts drumming :o ) and i'm even enjoying wishlist :wink:
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    SP 2013
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
    Newch91 wrote:
    That's Gold, Jerry...just Gold!
    :thumbup:

6a00d83451c7bb69e20148c700e47b970c-800wi
    Vault 2 now. "Sad" and "In Hiding" back-to-back is perfection. I wouldn't care if I got those two at every show I go to. I was so happy to get both at Hartford 2008.
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    Melbourne III '06

An excellent Long Road opens the show swiftly followed by the classic combo of Corduroy & Hail Hail. Midset Sad and Present Tense are on fire, Ed inviting the crowd to sing early on in PT. Man Of The Hour and Off He Goes eases us into the 1st encore. As with the 1st night, the shows ends with Rockin' In The Free World and Yellow Ledbetter
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    downloading athens 06 as I type while watching chuggington with my kids on a lazy saturday morning. i'll let you know if these greeks live up to the hype. ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    Newch91 wrote:
    Vault 2 now. "Sad" and "In Hiding" back-to-back is perfection. I wouldn't care if I got those two at every show I go to. I was so happy to get both at Hartford 2008.
    Newch91 wrote:

Two of my favorite and top 10 boots. I can't reiterate enough how great the releases from the Vault series are - they seem to really pick great/special shows, mix and master everything to perfection, and are really doing a great job of staggering which eras they are picking shows from. I will get scorched for this, but I kind of want them to only release one Vault per year, just as long as they keep doing a great job on the mixing and mastering and just to keep them special.

Yeah it's nice to hear to have a good mix and to really hear Ed's voice from that 1991/1992 era where he really pushed it to the limit and that howl, It relaly comes through on the Vault #1. The energy from the band really comes through. And love that version of Release. Not to mention, Dave A's drumming and snare and pounding the shit out of the drum kit is always great.

Vault #2 is definitely in my top 5 boots. I just love it. The sound is amazing, the set list on this one really does it for me and the small intimate setting on the Vic. Opening the show with All Or None, and then following that with Education, Sad, and In Hiding is boss. That version of In Hiding is probably the best I have heard on a boot in my opinion. Parachutes makes the set list, and then mid-set Off He Goes and Hard To Imagine is played (can never go wrong when HTI is played.) Not the biggest fan of the encores, but Ben Harper joining on stage to do a killer job on Indifference is great.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

BA13 fast becoming one of my all time favs, unbelievable crowd great setlist, great sound (matts drumming :o ) and i'm even enjoying wishlist :wink:
    love it too!!
    Hartford 08
  • Toronto 2000

"I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as Geddy Lee."
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    London O2-2009 which I'm in love with. Wife is out, so this time from PA-speakers instead of headphones.

Along with tasty Saturday evening beers, of course.

I divide my life into two, before and after this bootleg.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
    Hartford 08
    Smart man right here. I would love it if they could remix/remaster this boot. Give the master tapes to Brett Eliason to remix/remaster it.
    YLed2 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Two of my favorite and top 10 boots. I can't reiterate enough how great the releases from the Vault series are - they seem to really pick great/special shows, mix and master everything to perfection, and are really doing a great job of staggering which eras they are picking shows from. I will get scorched for this, but I kind of want them to only release one Vault per year, just as long as they keep doing a great job on the mixing and mastering and just to keep them special.

Yeah it's nice to hear to have a good mix and to really hear Ed's voice from that 1991/1992 era where he really pushed it to the limit and that howl, It relaly comes through on the Vault #1. The energy from the band really comes through. And love that version of Release. Not to mention, Dave A's drumming and snare and pounding the shit out of the drum kit is always great.

Vault #2 is definitely in my top 5 boots. I just love it. The sound is amazing, the set list on this one really does it for me and the small intimate setting on the Vic. Opening the show with All Or None, and then following that with Education, Sad, and In Hiding is boss. That version of In Hiding is probably the best I have heard on a boot in my opinion. Parachutes makes the set list, and then mid-set Off He Goes and Hard To Imagine is played (can never go wrong when HTI is played.) Not the biggest fan of the encores, but Ben Harper joining on stage to do a killer job on Indifference is great.
    The Vic shows just sounds phenomenal. I would love it if they did a Vault release every six months. I can tell I'll be listening to Vault 3 a lot because I want them to release the entire Yield Tour. Hopefully more Yield Tour shows are released, along with No Code Tour shows!
    vault #3 just arrived in the mail!!!! so far long road, act of love and given to fly all sound superb. wow!
    please release more from 95 to 98!
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    Sydney III '06

5 songs into this and its already better than Sydney I & II. The vibe from the crowd and the performance of the band is there straightaway unlike the previous two Sydney gigs. Ed notes this during Betterman, which opens the show. Last Exit, Animal, World Wide Suicide & Corduroy. The intro to Severed Hand is fucked up but the band recover. Green Disease makes its first appearance of this leg of the tour and Ed tags Daughter with Midnight Oil's "Beds Are Burning" which is good. Grievance is on form and after Comatose, Rearviewmirror ends a quality main set.

At the start of the 1st encore, Ed plays Soon Forget before Mike starts Inside Job. At the end of Inside Job, Ed remarks how they all help each other out with lyrics & songwriting but he is still waiting for Mike to show him how to play guitar! Mike then shows off playing a Maiden riff I think (not big on Maiden but sounds like them!) before they start Small Town. A superb Alive ends Encore 1.

Jeremy kicks off encore 2, quickly followed by Lukin and Evolution. Ed then comments on the 2 previous nights in Sydney remarking how bad the shows were and they've quickly forgotten about the shows and then says he met Bono in a bar and who asked Ed how was the Sydney gigs? Ed's response - "Sydney fucking sucked". To which Bono says their Sydney crowd were great. Ed was "absolutely furious" and says he can't wait to call Bono again to tell him they got the Sydney crowd back!! Ed then dedicates I Got You to Matt's wife. Smile is next, again the first time it is played on this leg of the tour. They revert back to form to close the show with Rockin In The Free World and Yellow Ledbetter.

A very enjoyable boot.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Toronto II 2006
  • YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    Noblesville 2010

Another winner from the U.S. leg of the 2010 tour. The 2010 tour is really starting to grow on me and catching more of my attention than before. Such great shows from that tour and most of the boots are quality. It's PJ's first time back to Indiana since the 2003 tour and in front an energetic crowd that you can tell is excited to have them back. The show was delayed a couple of hours because of some bad thunderstorms passing by the area.

The first thing that stood out to me on this boot is that Jeff's bass really comes through on this boot more so than usual, and it's great. Nothing too special in the way of set list, but good overall performance. The show opens with the first time of the tour with a great version of Release (no better way to open a PJ show), and then is followed by Last Exit, Got Some, Why Go, and In My Tree. To me, putting Got Some in the set is always a buzz kill, especially early on. Ed should do more of putting Even Flow early on in the set and Got Some (if they have to play it) more in the middle of the set. Before going into Elderly Woman, Ed talks about the thunder and that the Gods of Indiana were speaking, and that the only God in Indiana is Larry Bird in which he dedicates Eldery Woman to Larry Bird's small hometown French Lick, IN. A pretty straight forward remainder of the main set ensues with Ed paying his own rendition of Goin' Back To Indiana. Force of Nature, Jeremy, and The Fixer close out the main set.

The first encore is straight forward opening with Just Breathe, Off He Goes, Given To Fly, Lukin, Better Man, and DTE to close the first encore. The second encore is great, opening with Garden followed in a rare spot with Whipping. Alive, Baba, and Yellow Ledbetter close out the show.

Overall another solid boot for the 2010 tour. Nothing too exciting in the way of set list, but a rather long show and a good performance.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 Posts: 1,294
    YLed2 wrote:
    Noblesville 2010

Another winner from the U.S. leg of the 2010 tour. The 2010 tour is really starting to grow on me and catching more of my attention than before. Such great shows from that tour and most of the boots are quality. It's PJ's first time back to Indiana since the 2003 tour and in front an energetic crowd that you can tell is excited to have them back. The show was delayed a couple of hours because of some bad thunderstorms passing by the area.

The first thing that stood out to me on this boot is that Jeff's bass really comes through on this boot more so than usual, and it's great. Nothing too special in the way of set list, but good overall performance. The show opens with the first time of the tour with a great version of Release (no better way to open a PJ show), and then is followed by Last Exit, Got Some, Why Go, and In My Tree. To me, putting Got Some in the set is always a buzz kill, especially early on. Ed should do more of putting Even Flow early on in the set and Got Some (if they have to play it) more in the middle of the set. Before going into Elderly Woman, Ed talks about the thunder and that the Gods of Indiana were speaking, and that the only God in Indiana is Larry Bird in which he dedicates Eldery Woman to Larry Bird's small hometown French Lick, IN. A pretty straight forward remainder of the main set ensues with Ed paying his own rendition of Goin' Back To Indiana. Force of Nature, Jeremy, and The Fixer close out the main set.

The first encore is straight forward opening with Just Breathe, Off He Goes, Given To Fly, Lukin, Better Man, and DTE to close the first encore. The second encore is great, opening with Garden followed in a rare spot with Whipping. Alive, Baba, and Yellow Ledbetter close out the show.

Overall another solid boot for the 2010 tour. Nothing too exciting in the way of set list, but a rather long show and a good performance.

I never enjoyed the flow of this show, but its still fairly solid bootleg. The 2010 tour was a nice small tour, best Ed had sounded in years.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • New York 9th July 2003

Great show. Amazing Crazy Mary as opener followed by 4 stormers. Great set . One of my fave boots at the min. I'm buying them at an incredible rate.
    Happy up here in my tree
  • AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Posts: 1,510
    Mansfield 1 2008
  • mcgruff10 wrote:
    vault #3 just arrived in the mail!!!! so far long road, act of love and given to fly all sound superb. wow!
    please release more from 95 to 98!

Sold! I'm ordering it on pay day
    Happy up here in my tree
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    boyo79 wrote:
    Mike then shows off playing a Maiden riff I think (not big on Maiden but sounds like them!)

A very enjoyable boot.

Mike likes to play riffs from Iron Maiden. Live at the Garden DVD, he did a riff of Wasted Years from IM.

By the way, Iron Maiden is great. New wave of British Heavy Metal. They will be in Moscow 18th July, a few days before due date of baby birth of mine. I'm still working on to collect the courage to ask the wife to go to the show. :x
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
    Pool side listening to Unthought known..... Wow. My wife loves this song