Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    I know Mcgruff hates this show, but im gonna listen anyway. Melbourne 95
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• I started a thread for this a while back but I figure in an actual bootleg thread, there might be a bit more interest.

I was going through some CD's and found that I have two copies of the February 23rd 2003 Perth show (retail version).

If anyone has any 2003's they would like to trade, shoot me a PM. If you have one I don't (I don't have many) we can straight up trade 1 for 1 (retail for retail of course). Here's the retail versions I have so if you have one that's not on the list and you'd like to trade, please feel free to PM me.

03/03 Tokyo
    05/03 State College
    07/08 New York
    07/11 Mansfield

Let me know. Thanks,
    -DMW
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    RS151862 wrote:

I absolutely hate it ! :lol: terrible terrible show.

I'm playing evenflow from 1/17/92 for my 8th grade class. they're all like...this is on guitar hero!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    Melbourne I '06

First of a 3 night stand in Melbourne. Opens with Wasted Reprise/Life Wasted. Highlights here for me include Even Flow - Matt's drum solo again is top drawer, Spin The Black Circle - whilst not the best they've played it, it was good to hear it after last being played 12 shows back on the '06 tour. Army Reserve & Leatherman are also highlights in the main set. For the 1st encore its an excellent batch of songs - Inside Job, Once, Come Back, Black and Alive. The end of Black is awesome and Ed's tag superb. The solo's in Alive are extended and its excellent. 2nd encore starts Ed playing Dead Man Walking solo, the band then rejoins for State Of Love And Trust. During Yellow Ledbetter Ed starts yelling at a security guard telling him to leave a fan alone who has lit a cigarette - "let him smoke, its only a cigarette and its the last song" - before adlibing some lyrics in about the security guard and later saying "I can smoke" and "its no big deal" and Mike then goes into Little Wing before the whole band joins in for a first verses. A good show.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Santiago 2011 --- Mike is killer on Even Flow on this night, Really I don't understand why people go on about this being a pee break song... listen to what your missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgKMXPDfj-Q
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Seattle 6th Nov 2000. Great on first listen
    Happy up here in my tree
  • YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    Atlanta 2012

Somewhat the black sheep of the 2012 tour, mostly all due to the fact it received a rather predicable festival setlist following a rather incredible festival setlist at Pensacola the previous night. Nonetheless, I can almost guarantee if you check your rarity setlist expectations at the door, you will have a very enjoyable ride with Atlanta. The bootleg audio is almost mixed perfectly; the guitars have just enough crunch, Matt's drums sound absolutely amazing, and Ed's voice is just right in the mix. Easily in the top 5 tightest/most error free performances of 2012. I highly recommend the Atlanta '12 boot for the serious bootleg listener, not so much for the ones that just hope to hear about 6 rare songs and judge a show based on that.

I persoanlly prefer fast openers to slow ones, Why Go is in my top tier for an opening to a show. The drums get everything started so nice and energetically. As soon as Matt hits that first snare beat, listen to how beautiful the drums sounded that night. Loud, punchy, and slightly crisp I can never image Matt's drums sounding better on a bootleg. Luckily he is mixed slightly higher in the mix than usual, not only because his tone was incredible, but he really shines on the boot and gives the songs an extra shot of energy that may be lacking at times in other shows. A few examples: listen to Why Go, Save You, Corduroy, Even Flow, and Betterman. While these are songs you usually skip while listening to a bootleg, each is a little more tasty and energetic than usual. We get a mini drum solo in Even Flow that worked quite efficiently, an almost Jazzy vibe to the slightly different than usual Save it for Later tag, and what could have been a crappy version of Save You after Ed has to improv a few lyrics is totally redeemed with very energetic tight drumming.

While Pensacola was a fairly tight show, the minor errors really added up. This is not the case with Atlanta, which truly has very few errors at all. The more noticeable comes towards the first part of the show with Stone's guitar being absent in Why Go from the interlude to the end of the song and Ed having some trouble with lyrics in Save You. Luckily, Jeff and Mike keep Why Go sounding very full, and while somewhat flawed, its still a very energetic, above average take on the song. Since Stone's guitar was absent, more focus is put on Jeff's bass lines, which produces a very interesting dynamic for the song that kinda works. Ed's slight improvisation on Save You is not one of the worst I have heard, and he never quits singing nor mumbles terribly. He was just slightly off on a couple lines. Other than these two small flaws, the show is as tight as they come. Not to mention the setlist flows beautifully. Small town into Corduroy works so well, Jeremy into Porch is like hard rocking peanut butter and jelly, Amongst the Waves-Wishlist-Betterman is a beautiful trio, and who would have thought Know Your Rights into Nothingman could actually work nicely?

I try to be as unbiased as I can when judging bootlegs when I attended the show personally. I know a handful of members whom attended the show did not have the experience I did and did not enjoy the show. Most of them have cited the fact they were considerably far back in the massive crowd of 60,000 and hated the setlist. While there is certainly a lack of rarities, Atlanta did receive a stunning Nothingman, a hard rocking Supersonic, and the best version of Know Your Rights I have heard. Not to mention, no Last Kiss or Just Breathe (which was expected and on the set but marked off). Having Crazy Mary take their spot was a nice choice on the bands part, and greatly appreciated. The band was in great spirits. As Ed says on the boot, they have had great vibes, great scenery, great weather, and overall a blast at the show. If they weren't having a ball, they have a funny way of showing it. Ed said they would pay the fine for just going over the curfew to play RITFW, which is an almost punky version the song they had to play it so fast. The good spirits of the band, the well flowing setlist, almost error free performance, Matt having a killer night, and the bootleg being most likely the best sounding 2012 boot it's hard not to enjoy this boot. I wish more heard it. I give it a strong A/A-

Wow....great review and analysis my friend. Everything you said I feel is directly spot on with how I feel about this boot.

I can't say it enough, but I appreciate and enjoy all the reviews and everyone's insight and opinion on certain boots - I love reading it. I like the fact that this thread has gotten to a point where people provide reviews and comments on the shows/boots.

I've been kind of burnt out lately on boots and haven't listened in over a week, but will back listening hardcore again soon getting ready for Wrigley.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Listening to the 5/07/10 Noblesville show right now. I know it isn't any special show or anything, but it stands as the only Pearl Jam show I've had the pleasure of attending so it's special to me. I was only 17 at the time, and got the tickets as a birthday present because my parents know they're my favorite band. Best night ever! I can understand why so many people here have trekked long distances to see the band, their shows are clearly a sight to behold. It's my favorite concert I've been to over AC/DC and Tom Petty. Can't wait to see them again, hopefully sometime very soon!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    RS151862 wrote:

I absolutely hate it ! :lol: terrible terrible show.

I'm playing evenflow from 1/17/92 for my 8th grade class. they're all like...this is on guitar hero!
    fuck,,just remember,,need to sent u something..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BA 13
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
    BA 13
    BA 11...THIS SHOW MAKES ME SO HAPPY
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 Posts: 1,294
    YLed2 wrote:
    Atlanta 2012

Somewhat the black sheep of the 2012 tour, mostly all due to the fact it received a rather predicable festival setlist following a rather incredible festival setlist at Pensacola the previous night. Nonetheless, I can almost guarantee if you check your rarity setlist expectations at the door, you will have a very enjoyable ride with Atlanta. The bootleg audio is almost mixed perfectly; the guitars have just enough crunch, Matt's drums sound absolutely amazing, and Ed's voice is just right in the mix. Easily in the top 5 tightest/most error free performances of 2012. I highly recommend the Atlanta '12 boot for the serious bootleg listener, not so much for the ones that just hope to hear about 6 rare songs and judge a show based on that.

I persoanlly prefer fast openers to slow ones, Why Go is in my top tier for an opening to a show. The drums get everything started so nice and energetically. As soon as Matt hits that first snare beat, listen to how beautiful the drums sounded that night. Loud, punchy, and slightly crisp I can never image Matt's drums sounding better on a bootleg. Luckily he is mixed slightly higher in the mix than usual, not only because his tone was incredible, but he really shines on the boot and gives the songs an extra shot of energy that may be lacking at times in other shows. A few examples: listen to Why Go, Save You, Corduroy, Even Flow, and Betterman. While these are songs you usually skip while listening to a bootleg, each is a little more tasty and energetic than usual. We get a mini drum solo in Even Flow that worked quite efficiently, an almost Jazzy vibe to the slightly different than usual Save it for Later tag, and what could have been a crappy version of Save You after Ed has to improv a few lyrics is totally redeemed with very energetic tight drumming.

While Pensacola was a fairly tight show, the minor errors really added up. This is not the case with Atlanta, which truly has very few errors at all. The more noticeable comes towards the first part of the show with Stone's guitar being absent in Why Go from the interlude to the end of the song and Ed having some trouble with lyrics in Save You. Luckily, Jeff and Mike keep Why Go sounding very full, and while somewhat flawed, its still a very energetic, above average take on the song. Since Stone's guitar was absent, more focus is put on Jeff's bass lines, which produces a very interesting dynamic for the song that kinda works. Ed's slight improvisation on Save You is not one of the worst I have heard, and he never quits singing nor mumbles terribly. He was just slightly off on a couple lines. Other than these two small flaws, the show is as tight as they come. Not to mention the setlist flows beautifully. Small town into Corduroy works so well, Jeremy into Porch is like hard rocking peanut butter and jelly, Amongst the Waves-Wishlist-Betterman is a beautiful trio, and who would have thought Know Your Rights into Nothingman could actually work nicely?

I try to be as unbiased as I can when judging bootlegs when I attended the show personally. I know a handful of members whom attended the show did not have the experience I did and did not enjoy the show. Most of them have cited the fact they were considerably far back in the massive crowd of 60,000 and hated the setlist. While there is certainly a lack of rarities, Atlanta did receive a stunning Nothingman, a hard rocking Supersonic, and the best version of Know Your Rights I have heard. Not to mention, no Last Kiss or Just Breathe (which was expected and on the set but marked off). Having Crazy Mary take their spot was a nice choice on the bands part, and greatly appreciated. The band was in great spirits. As Ed says on the boot, they have had great vibes, great scenery, great weather, and overall a blast at the show. If they weren't having a ball, they have a funny way of showing it. Ed said they would pay the fine for just going over the curfew to play RITFW, which is an almost punky version the song they had to play it so fast. The good spirits of the band, the well flowing setlist, almost error free performance, Matt having a killer night, and the bootleg being most likely the best sounding 2012 boot it's hard not to enjoy this boot. I wish more heard it. I give it a strong A/A-

Wow....great review and analysis my friend. Everything you said I feel is directly spot on with how I feel about this boot.

I can't say it enough, but I appreciate and enjoy all the reviews and everyone's insight and opinion on certain boots - I love reading it. I like the fact that this thread has gotten to a point where people provide reviews and comments on the shows/boots.

I've been kind of burnt out lately on boots and haven't listened in over a week, but will back listening hardcore again soon getting ready for Wrigley.

Thanks man, I've seen some pretty detailed reviews of Atlanta on your end as well. Some of your recent reviews of the 2010 boots have inspired me to write some decent bootleg reviews on the shows I come across. Between the two of us, and a few others who really seem to love the boot who were not at the show, maybe we can get many other fans to finally give this underrated gig a chance. ;)
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Thanks man, I've seen some pretty detailed reviews of Atlanta on your end as well. Some of your recent reviews of the 2010 boots have inspired me to write some decent bootleg reviews on the shows I come across. Between the two of us, and a few others who really seem to love the boot who were not at the show, maybe we can get many other fans to finally give this underrated gig a chance. ;)

I was going to pick one of US-2012 shows for my order a few days ago. I had in mind your positive comments about this one but somehow I went for Missoula. Cannot tell why exactly. Maybe because I dont like the way Atlanta Hawks play in NBA? But I'll consider in the next round of boot ordering.

I agree 100% that a setlist lacking rarities, surprises doesnt mean that it isnt worth listening to. Yesterday, I had a blast with Holmdel-2003 boot, hearing the psychodelic Daughter followed by Mike's Alive solo.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    BA 13

Me too-I never get tired of listening to this one! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • HedwichHedwich Posts: 3,237
    BA 13

Me too-I never get tired of listening to this one! :D

Oh YES!! It's such a great show... can't stop listening! <3
    A very good friend of mine was there... and so it's a very special think for me.
    Concerts
    Berlin: 2000, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2x 2012
    Düsseldorf: 2007
    Amsterdam 1+2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm 2014

Pearl Jam exhibition in Rome 2013

Eddie rocks my life!!!

I actually don't think Atlanta '12 is that under-rated. It's a good boot and plenty have said so. Is the best of 2012? Not by any stretch but it gets the attention it deserves I feel.

jumbojet wrote:

I was going to pick one of US-2012 shows for my order a few days ago. I had in mind your positive comments about this one but somehow I went for Missoula. Cannot tell why exactly. Maybe because I dont like the way Atlanta Hawks play in NBA? But I'll consider in the next round of boot ordering.

I agree 100% that a setlist lacking rarities, surprises doesnt mean that it isnt worth listening to. Yesterday, I had a blast with Holmdel-2003 boot, hearing the psychodelic Daughter followed by Mike's Alive solo.

Missoula is a pretty darn good show too, it and Atlanta are mixed similar. For some reason Pensacola sounds a little more rugged, whereas Missoula and Atlanta are more bright and crisp with their audio mix. But it's always nice to hear another member not focusing on setlist alone. It's an overhyped part of the pj live experience, and for some reason only a handful of us seem to take note of how a setlist flows. Ed takes time and particular care as to what order songs are played (most bands do). That means more to me than if a rarity was played. The bands tightness in their performance, the crowd, and setlist flow are my top three criteria for judging a show.

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    boyo79 wrote:

I actually don't think Atlanta '12 is that under-rated. It's a good boot and plenty have said so. Is the best of 2012? Not by any stretch but it gets the attention it deserves I feel.

I see where your coming from, but when I started the Atlanta appreciation thread in the porch sometime ago I didn't foresee a solid number of members talking about how they didn't enjoy the show. They provided some interesting feedback though. I guess those negative comments sorta gave me the feeling the show had been downplayed just because of a setlist. That's discouraging. It's like papa said a couple pages ago that he was listening to Atlanta and had heard a lot of people didn't like that one. I feel that maybe the impression the show has gathered, but perhaps it hasn't as your point of view is the opposite (the boot is being seen in a better light).

Im a bit sensitive about the boots I enjoy :D

Melbourne II '06

Great start with Go, Last Exit and Brain Of J - the latter making it's first appearance for the Australian leg of the tour. A few standards for the tour are next (WWS, Given To Fly & Severed Hand) before PJ throw out a 'rarity' in Low Light. Gone sounds very good and a few songs later Even Flow is tearing the place up again, again Matt's drum solo being quality. His drum solos sound alot better on this stretch of the tour. Ed thanks Matt for making Pearl Jam a better band. It's the classic combo of Lukin & Not For You next. Life Wasted follows but its not a great version IMO. Ed asks the crowd to take over for Betterman and after the 1st verse baits them with "sing better than Sydney". Glorified G makes a relatively rare appearance and Porch closes the main set.

1st encore begins with Ed playing Thumbing My Way on his own with Last Kiss after. Crazy Mary & Alive complete the encore. For the 2nd encore they dedicate Big Wave to Mark Richards, Blood & Leash take the tempo higher, Leash notably being played for the 1st time ever in Australia. Indifference completes a Vs-heavy encore.

boston 94
    casper, wyoming 1995
    i love how they used to go from immortality to blood. a nice jam at the end of immortality then they punched you in the face with blood. a wonderful long road to open and ed talking abou the small towns in wyoming. it's great to see porch end a show especially after yellow! too bad pj never came back to wyoming.
    amsterdam 1
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Vault 3 again. I am in love with this boot. Can't beat '98 PJ. How Eddie still has vocal chords after singing "Do the Evolution" on this tour is beyond me.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Been working away in the house today, and had a double whammy of Glasgow - 2000, followed by Manchester 2000.

2 very good shows.. the thing that gets me is that a few reviews i've read about the Glasgow show, says that is just an average show, nothing special.. I don't agree with that.. not saying its a mindblowing show. more like above average.. with some great songs played... you do definatly hear the differnce when you listen to the show from manchester the next night, where they sound like they are on fire that night, and a much better setlist than the Glasgow show... which proves a point that Glasgow may not be the best setlist or show on the European leg of the 2000 Tour, BUT... Definatly worth a listen.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    vic 07
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
    Pearl Jam Vault # 0 ;)

1993-11-30 Aladdin Theater, Las Vegas, NV, USA
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    demetrios wrote:
    Pearl Jam Vault # 0 ;)

1993-11-30 Aladdin Theater, Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Hello stranger... :wave: Pop in again soon... :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    memphis 2000....an absolute killer version of go. could be my favorite ever. can't help falling in love...a la punk version and a sick baba to close.
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    memphis 2000....an absolute killer version of go. could be my favorite ever. can't help falling in love...a la punk version and a sick baba to close.

Great boot, awesome version of Tremor Christ as well. One of the best from 2000

• Newch91 wrote:
    Vault 3 again. I am in love with this boot. Can't beat '98 PJ. How Eddie still has vocal chords after singing "Do the Evolution" on this tour is beyond me.
    :D
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.