Options

***Official WWE/wrasslin' Thread***

Comments

• Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I'm going to enjoy it. I work in social/health care, so at the moment I really need to have something to look forward to, everything else is cancelled.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    AEW was great last night. Good storytelling and wrestling actually happened. Also Matt Hardy and Brodie Lee (aka Luke Harper) made their debuts last night. Why couldn't RAW and Smackdown do this? RAW had ONE match and that was about it except for Steve Austin and the Undertaker making appearances. Smackdown was ok and from what i heard NXT just had highlights or something?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,295
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    I watched The Dark Side of Wrestling this weekend.  The story of Elizabeth and Macho man was great.

Mach Man is still in my top 5 wrestlers of all time.

Whos in your top 5?
  • Options
    Top 5 Wrestlers of all time list

Ric Flair
    Dusty Rhodes
    Macho Man
    Hulk Hogan
    Sting

Honorable mention
    Bruno Samartino
    Bruiser Brody
    John Cena

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    My top-10 favorites are..

1) Bret Hart
    2) Mick Foley
    3) Hulk Hogan
    4) Shawn Michaels
    5) The Rock
    6) Steve Austin
    7) Randy Savage
    8) Roddy Piper
    9) Kurt Angle
    10) Chris Jericho
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Bret Hart
    Daniel Bryan
    Randy Savage
    The Undertaker
    Dwayne Johnson

That's just off the top of my head.....
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options

1) Bret Hart
    2) Mick Foley
    3) Hulk Hogan
    4) Shawn Michaels
    5) The Rock
    6) Steve Austin
    7) Randy Savage
    8) Roddy Piper
    9) Kurt Angle
    10) Chris Jericho
    My fav list would be different from my opinion of greatest wrestlers.

Nice list.
  • Options

1) Bret Hart
    2) Mick Foley
    3) Hulk Hogan
    4) Shawn Michaels
    5) The Rock
    6) Steve Austin
    7) Randy Savage
    8) Roddy Piper
    9) Kurt Angle
    10) Chris Jericho
    On second thought, I'll lose Jericho and add Flair, and bump Angle ahead of Piper. New list....

1) Bret Hart
    2) Mick Foley
    3) Hulk Hogan
    4) Shawn Michaels
    5) The Rock
    6) Steve Austin
    7) Randy Savage
    8) Ric Flair
    9) Kurt Angle
    10) Roddy Piper
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    My fav wrestlers

Andre the Giant
    Ultimate Warrior
    Dusty Rhodes
    Ric Flair
    Brett Hart
    Ravishing Rick Rude
    Big Poppa Pump
    Macho Man
    Freshly Squeezed Orange Cassidy
    Brutus the Barber Beefcake
    Adrian Adonis
  • Options
    Okay, well I didn't really understand the criteria. I was going by favourites there, and not who I think are the greatest wrestlers of all time. That's a totally different list, and depends on what we consider makes someone great. I.E is in ring more important than drawing power. If it's in ring, then Mitsuharu Misawa is up there. But for sure, Hulk Hogan has to be considered because of all the money he drew. Anyway, this is a nice chat to have when we're all going through stressful times outside of this forum!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options

1) Bret Hart
    2) Mick Foley
    3) Hulk Hogan
    4) Shawn Michaels
    5) The Rock
    6) Steve Austin
    7) Randy Savage
    8) Roddy Piper
    9) Kurt Angle
    10) Chris Jericho
    On second thought, I'll lose Jericho and add Flair, and bump Angle ahead of Piper. New list....

1) Bret Hart
    2) Mick Foley
    3) Hulk Hogan
    4) Shawn Michaels
    5) The Rock
    6) Steve Austin
    7) Randy Savage
    8) Ric Flair
    9) Kurt Angle
    10) Roddy Piper
    I loved Piper too.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Okay, well I didn't really understand the criteria. I was going by favourites there, and not who I think are the greatest wrestlers of all time. That's a totally different list, and depends on what we consider makes someone great. I.E is in ring more important than drawing power. If it's in ring, then Mitsuharu Misawa is up there. But for sure, Hulk Hogan has to be considered because of all the money he drew. Anyway, this is a nice chat to have when we're all going through stressful times outside of this forum!
    He is and it's not even close. Consider some of the following....

-Hogan is the biggest draw in WWF history, AND WCW history. People like to say Flair or Sting were the top of WCW. Nope. Flair's heyday was pre-WCW (Jim Crockett). WCW never made a dime until Hogan showed up in 1994, and two years later, they were ahead of WWF. 

-Hogan's arguably the best babyface ever, but also the best heel ever. Has any other heel drew money and ratings like Hollywood Hogan did? Not even close.

-He's obviously the biggest star of the 80's by a mile, but he's just a notch below Austin and Rock as far as stars of the 90's go. Also, if not for the nWo and Hogan becoming more "realistic" as Hollywood, Ringmaster and Rocky Maivia might have never even got a shot to be Stone Cold and The Rock. 

-Lastly, some people like to pretend Steve Austin is a bigger star and a bigger draw. McMahon himself has implied this at Austin's HOF induction. Bullshit. I don't care how many Austin shirts they sold or what the buyrates were for late 90's WWF. Hogan was a main-eventer for like 22 straight years (1980 versus Andre at Shea Stadium, 2002 versus Rock at WM18). For comparison, Austin's run as main-eventer lasted from 1998 through 2001. Plus Austin missed the first half of 2000 following surgery and WWF went on without him without missing a beat. Compare that to how business suffered in WWF every time Hogan left. And Hogan and the nWo is just as responsible for the late 90's wrestling boom as Austin was. Probably more so because they laid a template for Austin, Rock, etc. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I listed in my opinion, the best wrestlers of all time for what they did for the sport.

The Rock and Stone Cold could possibly be on that list too.  

So if it was 10 all time wrestlers it would be:

Ric Flair
    Dusty Rhodes
    Macho Man
    Hulk Hogan
    Sting
    Bruno Samartino
    Bruiser Brody
    John Cena
    The Rock
    Stone Cold
  • Options

-Hogan is the biggest draw in WWF history, AND WCW history. People like to say Flair or Sting were the top of WCW. Nope. Flair's heyday was pre-WCW (Jim Crockett). WCW never made a dime until Hogan showed up in 1994, and two years later, they were ahead of WWF. 

-Hogan's arguably the best babyface ever, but also the best heel ever. Has any other heel drew money and ratings like Hollywood Hogan did? Not even close.

-He's obviously the biggest star of the 80's by a mile, but he's just a notch below Austin and Rock as far as stars of the 90's go. Also, if not for the nWo and Hogan becoming more "realistic" as Hollywood, Ringmaster and Rocky Maivia might have never even got a shot to be Stone Cold and The Rock. 

-Lastly, some people like to pretend Steve Austin is a bigger star and a bigger draw. McMahon himself has implied this at Austin's HOF induction. Bullshit. I don't care how many Austin shirts they sold or what the buyrates were for late 90's WWF. Hogan was a main-eventer for like 22 straight years (1980 versus Andre at Shea Stadium, 2002 versus Rock at WM18). For comparison, Austin's run as main-eventer lasted from 1998 through 2001. Plus Austin missed the first half of 2000 following surgery and WWF went on without him without missing a beat. Compare that to how business suffered in WWF every time Hogan left. And Hogan and the nWo is just as responsible for the late 90's wrestling boom as Austin was. Probably more so because they laid a template for Austin, Rock, etc. 
    Very well written and I agree 100%.  Hogan brought wrestling to all new heights.
  • Options
    I'm thinking the Undertaker should be on that list.  Dude has been a big draw for years too.  Thank god he got rid of Paul Barer.
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Loved watching Wrestlemania XXX on ESPN last night. They are showing two more the next two Sundays.
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    Loved watching Wrestlemania XXX on ESPN last night. They are showing two more the next two Sundays.
    Crap I missed that!
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Very well written and I agree 100%.  Hogan brought wrestling to all new heights.
    Thanks. Yeah Hogan’s influence is so undeniable. Arn Anderson had a good line in a WWE Network documentary when he said “Even if you know nothing about wrestling and have never watched it, you know Hulk Hogan and know wrestling is what Hulk Hogan does.” He’s like Babe Ruth in that respect. He sorta held the flag of wrestling high for both the fans and the other wrestlers. He’s the guy you’d see on the Tonight Show promoting wrestling, on the Jerry Lewis telethon, on MTV, etc. 

Edit: Speaking of Hulk and WWE Network, there’s a new doc highlighting Rodzilla in the nWo. Rodman himself even talks in the doc. Good stuff. Nothing ground-breaking, just another fun WWE Network doc. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Thanks. Yeah Hogan’s influence is so undeniable. Arn Anderson had a good line in a WWE Network documentary when he said “Even if you know nothing about wrestling and have never watched it, you know Hulk Hogan and know wrestling is what Hulk Hogan does.” He’s like Babe Ruth in that respect. He sorta held the flag of wrestling high for both the fans and the other wrestlers. He’s the guy you’d see on the Tonight Show promoting wrestling, on the Jerry Lewis telethon, on MTV, etc. 

Edit: Speaking of Hulk and WWE Network, there’s a new doc highlighting Rodzilla in the nWo. Rodman himself even talks in the doc. Good stuff. Nothing ground-breaking, just another fun WWE Network doc. 
    When he was in Rocky I thought that was a big deal.  Shortly after that you had rock n wrestling crossover and of course Wrestlemania became huge.

The first 3 Wrestlemanias were epic.  Brutus became the Barber, Hogan slamming Andre, Hogan and Bundy bloody steel cage match.
  • Options
    I thought Hogan should have been bigger in the movies also. Suburban Commando was fun. No Holds Barred wasn't great but it is what it is. Even Mr. Nanny was good.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I thought Hogan should have been bigger in the movies also. Suburban Commando was fun. No Holds Barred wasn't great but it is what it is. Even Mr. Nanny was good.
    I liked all those movies too. “Fun” like ya said. I wonder though if the only audience for him as an actor were WWF fans like us. I remember a few years later he starred in a made-for-TV action-flick called Assault on Devil’s Island on TNT. It co-starred Carl Weathers. I don’t remember anything about it other than they assaulted Devil’s Island, but I recall the movie’s existence because he and Bischoff pimped the living hell out of it for like three straight Nitros.  

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I liked all those movies too. “Fun” like ya said. I wonder though if the only audience for him as an actor were WWF fans like us. I remember a few years later he starred in a made-for-TV action-flick called Assault on Devil’s Island on TNT. It co-starred Carl Weathers. I don’t remember anything about it other than they assaulted Devil’s Island, but I recall the movie’s existence because he and Bischoff pimped the living hell out of it for like three straight Nitros.  
    Is the Rock the only wrestler to have movie success?

I know Piper was in some and so was Jesse the body but not like The Rock.  
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Yea I saw that. He didn't go full Hollywood like The Rock. Heck even Batista has a great movie career. Didn't see that coming 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Batista 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Batista 
    He was great in Guardians!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I listed in my opinion, the best wrestlers of all time for what they did for the sport.

Ric Flair
    Dusty Rhodes
    Macho Man
    Hulk Hogan
    Sting
    Bruno Samartino
    Bruiser Brody
    John Cena
    The Rock
    Stone Cold

I would add The Undertaker and Chris Jericho to that list

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    George "The Animal" Steele
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options

Ric Flair
    Dusty Rhodes
    Macho Man
    Hulk Hogan
    Sting
    Bruno Samartino
    Bruiser Brody
    John Cena
    The Rock
    Stone Cold

I would add The Undertaker and Chris Jericho to that list

I mentioned above about adding him.  Chris Jericho though?