Options

***Official WWE/wrasslin' Thread***

Comments

• Options
    I'll try to tackle some of this....

There was a "draft" the other day and the stars go on that show? 
        Essentially yes, and it was pretty ridiculous. Fox owns one show. USA the other. So stars are "exclusive" to that show.
        Some crossover at pay-per-views and maybe for some titles (woman's tag belts are one I believe)

There is Raw and Smackdown which I thought were two separate things or aren't they?
         They are. You can add NXT as well. (AEW too if you want). All different shows with "exclusive" talent.

Do the wrestlers now only go to that show and no other areas?  This sounds silly to me...
         They are assigned to their specific show, but travel pretty extensively. When people get bored, they'll have another "draft" probably.

Is there a Champ belt for each of the shows since the wrestlers seem attached only to that now?
        Yes. Raw has the Universal Champion -  Smackdown has the WWE Championship. Etc. Lots of titles.
        This link is easier than me typing.  https://www.wwe.com/titlehistory/wwe-championship

So there is 5 HWC belts instead of 1?  Is it becoming boxing?
        Not quite...but there are a lot of belts...just got to generate that interest....see also the 24/7 title.
        But there are a lot of MMA people showing up, and Tyson Fury too I guess.

My brief two cents. Feel free to add or correct folks.

Thanks for this.  This reminds me of when WWF guys were jumping ship to go with another organization and people were all over the place and it was tough to follow.  That is why I got out of it.

This is tough to follow.  Chris Jericho is a singer but Sting is still around, that dude has to be 60 years old now?

Glad you guys are enjoying it though.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,290

Essentially yes, and it was pretty ridiculous. Fox owns one show. USA the other. So stars are "exclusive" to that show.
        Some crossover at pay-per-views and maybe for some titles (woman's tag belts are one I believe)

There is Raw and Smackdown which I thought were two separate things or aren't they?
         They are. You can add NXT as well. (AEW too if you want). All different shows with "exclusive" talent.

Do the wrestlers now only go to that show and no other areas?  This sounds silly to me...
         They are assigned to their specific show, but travel pretty extensively. When people get bored, they'll have another "draft" probably.

Is there a Champ belt for each of the shows since the wrestlers seem attached only to that now?
        Yes. Raw has the Universal Champion -  Smackdown has the WWE Championship. Etc. Lots of titles.
        This link is easier than me typing.  https://www.wwe.com/titlehistory/wwe-championship

Not quite...but there are a lot of belts...just got to generate that interest....see also the 24/7 title.

Thanks for this.  This reminds me of when WWF guys were jumping ship to go with another organization and people were all over the place and it was tough to follow.  That is why I got out of it.

This is tough to follow.  Chris Jericho is a singer but Sting is still around, that dude has to be 60 years old now?

Sting is retired. Jericho is currently the heavyweight champion at AEW
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Jericho still wrestles?  Crazy.  He is always promoting his music.

Sting finally retired huh?  Wow.  

What the hell is AEW?
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Jericho still wrestles?  Crazy.  He is always promoting his music.

Sting finally retired huh?  Wow.  

What the hell is AEW?
    He had to. He finally signed with WWE and got injured in his 2nd match. So we never got the Undertaker vs. Sting Wrestlemania everyone wanted.

AEW (All Elite Wrestling) is another wrestling organization founded by Cody Rhodes. Tony Khan is the owner
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I enjoyed this.  Thanks.

I didn't hear him mention Macho Man though in that spidey match!?!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    You're new WWE Universal champion!
    Image may contain one or more people

Also congrats to Nattie and Lacey Evans for becoming the first women wrestlers to wrestle in Saudi Arabia

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Also congrats to Nattie and Lacey Evans for becoming the first women wrestlers to wrestle in Saudi Arabia

Is the Fiend a Misfits fan?
  • Options

not sure, possibly. Why?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

not sure, possibly. Why?
    Fiend is the Crimson Ghost which is the Misfits logo/icon/mascot.

The mask doesn't look like the crimson ghost but I was just wondering if that is where the idea came from?
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    OK, I watched AEW the other night.  The talent for some wasn't that great but I guess that is to be expected?  Actually it was "private party" that was piss poor talent wise and the Freshly Squeezed/Best Friends thing was a little odd.

Found out that Dusty Rhodes' kid Cody is a part of this.  I loved the American Dream so I'll give Cody a shot.

He will be wrestling Chris Jericho which should be good.

Not sure how long this will last?
  • Options
    Sin Cara asked for his release
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    Anyone in Nashville want my extra ticket to AEW Dynamite tonight? Tried selling it but at this point will give it away if anyone wants it. Pm me asap if interested! 
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Brian Pillman Jr is a genius. Since I read it and don’t have Twitter here’s mine. In no particular order. 

Pearl Jam
    The Deftones 
    Dave Matthews Band
    Poison The Well
    Tool
    Pink Floyd
    The Beatles
    Fiona Apple
    Pantera
    Glassjaw 

and a shout out to the great Wheeler Walker Jr. 

Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    That was a great War Games match
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    That was a great War Games match
    whole PPV was really good, although most NXT Takeovers usually are. Finn Balor/Matt Riddle was probably the weakest match of the night.It was ok but the others were way better. I did miss the pre-show however. Wasn't really expecting Kevin Owens to be the 4th member so that was pretty sick. That bump that Ciampa/Cole took at the end was insane!

Survivor series tonight, my predictions:

The Fiend over Daniel Bryan
    Rey Mysterio over Brock Lesnar (with the help from Cain Velazquez)
    Adam Cole over Pete Dunne (wouldn't surprise me if Dunne won though)
    AJ Styles over Roderick Strong and Shinsuke
    Shayna Baszler over Becky and Bayley
    Undisputed Era over New Day and Viking Raiders
    Women's Team RAW over Smackdown and NXT (Flair and Nattie survive)
    Men's Team NXT over Team RAW and Smackdown (only cause they are probably more "united" than the others although we don't know who's on Team NXT yet)

This PPV should be great. Only match i'm pretty confident in for the winner is the Fiend beating Daniel Bryan. Every other match I think is up on the air.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    The NWO and Batista are getting inducted into the Hall of Fame
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

i still wish I had one of those shirts. they still sell the NWO belt in the wwe shop, why not the shirts?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

i still wish I had one of those shirts. they still sell the NWO belt in the wwe shop, why not the shirts?
    I just checked. They do sell them...

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

wicked! last time I checked the website (which was a LONG time ago) they didn't. thanks dude!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

wicked! last time I checked the website (which was a LONG time ago) they didn't. thanks dude!
    Of course. After all....it’s 4-life.  

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Hope Kairi is okay. She didn't look right
    I miss igotid88