Options

Please Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL Benaroya Hall re-issue!

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,992

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

Maybe it'll be a RSD release this April?

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,914
    demetrios said:

LOL. I remember camping out at an amphitheater parking lot to buy tickets for Billy Idol. My mom dropped us off and we were the only ones there all night. We hopped the fence and stood on the stage. The top tarp was lowered, so we jumped on the stage like a trampoline. Really don't know if there was anyone on security duty. Next day we found out they were doing this new random wrist band thing to buy tickets. Our seats were shit, but we had an amazing experience camping there.

Also, please press this record again!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,438
    demetrios said:

Buy CDs and that "Records" slice becomes quite a bit slimmer. As mentioned in another thread, I bought the new Green Day CD for $10.99. The LP was $27.99, and I can't play it in my car or really anywhere except in one room of my house.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options

• Options
    Mmm .. vinyl burger ..

• Options

• Options

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,317
    BF25394 said:
    demetrios said:

Buy CDs and that "Records" slice becomes quite a bit slimmer. As mentioned in another thread, I bought the new Green Day CD for $10.99. The LP was $27.99, and I can't play it in my car or really anywhere except in one room of my house.
    I have two rooms I can play records in (living room and home office/man cave).  I never use cd's anymore.   I spent years making a giant FLAC collection.   I use a tiny microusb drive in my vehicle that has a few hundred albums in cd quality on it, and in my home you can hop on the local network and access the entire almost 1tb collection.

I wish I still liked cd's, but I seem to either go full on vinyl, or go digital only for all other reasons, because it's mobile and doesn't take up any space and you can 100% replicate the cd audio quality. It's like why put cd's in the truck when I can fit 250 of them on a tiny usb drive :)

Then again I built up most of my record collection over 25 years. I didn't pay today's top dollar for a great portion of it.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,438
    Zod said:
    BF25394 said:
    demetrios said:

I have two rooms I can play records in (living room and home office/man cave).  I never use cd's anymore.   I spent years making a giant FLAC collection.   I use a tiny microusb drive in my vehicle that has a few hundred albums in cd quality on it, and in my home you can hop on the local network and access the entire almost 1tb collection.

I wish I still liked cd's, but I seem to either go full on vinyl, or go digital only for all other reasons, because it's mobile and doesn't take up any space and you can 100% replicate the cd audio quality. It's like why put cd's in the truck when I can fit 250 of them on a tiny usb drive :)

Then again I built up most of my record collection over 25 years. I didn't pay today's top dollar for a great portion of it.
    Yes, well I was definitely referring to the premium people pay for records today, responding to the comic about someone making budgetary choices.

It's awesome that you took the time to transfer your CDs in that way, but it sounds like that was a lot of work. If someone wanted to do that for my 1,000 CDs, I might make use of it, but I'm never going to spend time doing that. Besides, I can't play digital files in my car anyway. I don't keep CDs in my car; I just bring with me whichever one I feel like listening to. If I'm going on a longer trip, I take several. Most of my trips are under a half-hour, so one is usually enough.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options

• Options

• Options