Options

please ignore this thread....

Comments

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    patty red eyes knows all about it....
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Enjoy red mosquito...

I will be patient and wait for something semi normal

I hear ya. This is our usual vacation money for this trip. We also put away money for regular PJ shows each year too. I too hope there are some other US dates this summer. Hopefully out west. I have friends out there I'd like to see.

I just can't pass up this opportunity. My wife's sister and her husband are going to fly in from Tucson for it so it's a chance to hang with them. We don't get to very often.

i hear ya also...and like i said godbless

as ive mentioned..im not comfy in this type of setting so even though its a once in a lifetime event..i would rather spend my pj vacation in a city i would enjoy

wisconsin and farms does nothing for me..just beinghonest..
    plus im not down with lawns and struggling to bathrooms and everything involved in a festival ..call me a sissy or whatever but its just not my gig

i almost hope my info goes bad and its somwhere else :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,650
    if this is what it ends up being then there will be one less person trying for tickets. it's one thing to fly somewhere to see them but flying and then driving to the middle of nowhere to sit on a hot lawn is a no go for me. was hoping for something in a metro area (chicago).
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Can someone honestly tell me what is so great about Alpine? I have read posts by people wanting the band to play Alpine again, but after looking at those photos it doesn't look like a great venue at all.

Am i missing something?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    it's a storied venue. it's also nice for a change to get out of the concrete jungle and just taker eaz...

like the gorge or red rocks without the beauty...
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Can someone honestly tell me what is so great about Alpine? I have read posts by people wanting the band to play Alpine again, but after looking at those photos it doesn't look like a great venue at all.

Am i missing something?

no its looks horrible
  • Options
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Do you think the pj weekend bash/other tour dates will come out in one official announcement or separately?

I definitely want to go to the weekend bash...but I also would like to visit friends in Seattle this year.If they have west coasts dates I was going to see pearl jam while I was out there. Depending on total costs of everything...I may have to make a decision between the two.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options

Looks just like a regular shed to me. I don't care I still plan on going if this is the location. :D Flights are too cheap to pass it up.
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    Do you think the pj weekend bash/other tour dates will come out in one official announcement or separately?

I definitely want to go to the weekend bash...but I also would like to visit friends in Seattle this year.If they have west coasts dates I was going to see pearl jam while I was out there. Depending on total costs of everything...I may have to make a decision between the two.

i kinda heard seattle besides the western canada gigs..not 100% on that though
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    afroannnie wrote:

Thanks! I hope so! My friend that I'm going to visit loves Pearl Jam, but she's a pj show virgin...so it's about time she sees them live :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    afroannnie wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Thanks! I hope so! My friend that I'm going to visit loves Pearl Jam, but she's a pj show virgin...so it's about time she sees them live :D

That's cool - cos I'm planning a trip to see Seattle friends this year too - long overdue, and I don't think I can manage the festival as well - unless it's closer. I think I might be able to hit a Seattle show though, and maybe take in a secret show or two! ;) Let me know if you hear of any won't you??
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,502
    edited February 2011
    tremors wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

That's cool - cos I'm planning a trip to see Seattle friends this year too - long overdue, and I don't think I can manage the festival as well - unless it's closer. I think I might be able to hit a Seattle show though, and maybe take in a secret show or two! ;) Let me know if you hear of any won't you??

a seattle show just seems logical if you do the math. i'd bet on a seattle show before the festival... ;)
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

Am i missing something?

Alpine is just like any outdoor venue...

If it is a sunny 75-80 degree day....Then ya bring your grill, bring some beverages and party all day in the parking lot.....And have a GREAT TIME!!!!

If it rains??? Then Alpine will be a disaster.....

As to what is so special about Alpine??? Nothing
    Its just like any other outdoor venue....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 398
    Better Dan wrote:

Am i missing something?

Alpine is just like any outdoor venue...

If it is a sunny 75-80 degree day....Then ya bring your grill, bring some beverages and party all day in the parking lot.....And have a GREAT TIME!!!!

As to what is so special about Alpine??? Nothing
    Its just like any other outdoor venue....

It's more so of an experience. Many people make the trek from all over the midwest and spend the weekend camping or at a hotel. Tailgating at Alpine is absolutely awesome if the weather is nice. People shoot fireworks off after the show and party in the lots until they kick you out around 1. The scenery is spectacular the backdrop is a ski hill and rolling, wooded hills. Lake Geneva is close by; last time PJ played I spend the weekend at The Cove Hotel and played golf the day after the show. Some people I know have boats that they use to entertain friends on show weekends.

It's special to lots of people because it's a vacation, not just a show you drive to for the night.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    i am so happy - i dont know anything about Alpine Valley but i can't wait to find out ----
  • Options
    I am not going to talk trash on Alpine seeing as how I've never been there. For anyone who has been to all three, is Alpine any more special than the Gorge or Shoreline? Just trying to gauge if this is a venue that you'd not want to miss out on. I know PJ has expressed how much they like playing there.
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Gorge>alpine>shoreline
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    Gorge>alpine>shoreline

shoreline is not the place for that, but if it's there is 10 miles from home, SO BRING IT ON!!!
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    Thanks. I think the overriding thing is the fact that this could be a 2-3 event which would really suck to miss out on. Hell, any PJ show sucks to miss out on! Lord knows how jealous I am of all you who got to enjoy the Philly shows. I was fortunate enough to catch both MSG shows- very grateful for that.
  • Options
    [

Having suffered through the Tibetan Freedom Concert there in '99, I can attest to this firsthand... just a miserable, muddy experience.
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    tremors wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

a seattle show just seems logical if you do the math. i'd bet on a seattle show before the festival... ;)

Math was never my strong point! :lol: Anyway, looks like I could be Stateside around weekend event time then - in which case it will all seem tantalisingly close. How's the hitchhiking between Seattle and Alpine? :lol: Failing that I will crack open a few beers and party in Seattle in time with the Simulcast on Sirius radio.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    i am so happy - i dont know anything about Alpine Valley but i can't wait to find out ----

+1
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options

+1

I'm sure its just like every other outdoor amphitheater.......Average sound. However, that will not stop me from going.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options

+1

I'm sure its just like every other outdoor amphitheater.......Average sound. However, that will not stop me from going.

Wuhlheide Berlin is not like every outdoor amphitheater so the PJ 20 party should have been there :-)
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options

Wuhlheide Berlin is not like every outdoor amphitheater so the PJ 20 party should have been there :-)

That's not an amphitheater in the USA sense of the word. Wuhlheide is basically a stadium and nothing like a US Amphitheater which are great ideas in theory but all have terrible sound and are only average from the seats.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

That's not an amphitheater in the USA sense of the word. Wuhlheide is basically a stadium and nothing like a US Amphitheater which are great ideas in theory but all have terrible sound and are only average from the seats.
    Wuhlheide isnt a stadioum,,the sound is amazing..cos its an classic Amphitheater

thats why the bands love it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Wuhlheide isnt a stadioum,,the sound is amazing..cos its an classic Amphitheater

thats why the bands love it..

It plays just like any college outdoor stadium here in the US which is 500 times better than any American amphitheater which is my point. I'm not putting down Wuhlheide. My goodness. If you are expecting Wuhlheide like sound out of Alpine Valley, you will be very disappointed if you make the trip over here and get stuck in the lawn.
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

It plays just like any college outdoor stadium here in the US which is 500 times better than any American amphitheater which is my point. I'm not putting down Wuhlheide. My goodness. If you are expecting Wuhlheide like sound out of Alpine Valley, you will be very disappointed if you make the trip over here and get stuck in the lawn.
    i dont give a shit about the sound.i dont care where ill be in the show....im happy that ill travel to honor the best band in the world and see my friends.the reason im doing the travel even i cant afford it is to meet alot of great guys and be in this historical moment for thr band.ill be happy if the get on stage and just chat with us,,..Wuhlheide is an Amphitheater ,and i know cos i was there twice to see pj and Amphitheater is a a greek word so i know what it means..alpine isnt an Amphitheater...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
This discussion has been closed.