Options

You know you're a Pearl jam fan when...

Comments

• Options
    NYCFlyGal17NYCFlyGal17 Posts: 175
    CTD10 wrote:
    nocode22 wrote:
    - When someone says "any better" and without skipping a beat you blurt out "Eddie Vedder what???"

This totally happened to me today! LOL :lol:
    67024_10151295353435766_1894726492_n.jpg
    Becki
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    CTD10 wrote:
    nocode22 wrote:
    - When someone says "any better" and without skipping a beat you blurt out "Eddie Vedder what???"

This totally happened to me today! LOL :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited March 2012
    :think:
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • Options
    cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    Your car is in the shop for a $1300 repair but yet you're happy b/c your loaner car that you're not paying for has satellite radio. Why they would give someone who has a car that cost $12,000 a $30,000 Nissan I'll never know but thanks!
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    when your decision whether to buy a guitar hinges on whether it sounds good when you play In Hiding. True story, happened today.
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    Your car is in the shop for a $1300 repair but yet you're happy b/c your loaner car that you're not paying for has satellite radio. Why they would give someone who has a car that cost $12,000 a $30,000 Nissan I'll never know but thanks!

That happened to me too, except the channels skipped from 21 to 23 (PJ Radio is channel 22). On top of it, the satellite radio subscription ended two days after I had the rental car, and I ended up having the car for 2 weeks.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqNcdslz1fA
    you get that song.....you fuckin know what it means....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    One of your friends has this as her facebook status:

The moon is beautiful tonight!

And you reply...

Feel the sky blanket you
    With gems and rhinestones!
    See the path cut by the moon
    For you to walk on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    thefin190 wrote:

That happened to me too, except the channels skipped from 21 to 23 (PJ Radio is channel 22). On top of it, the satellite radio subscription ended two days after I had the rental car, and I ended up having the car for 2 weeks.

That sucks!
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901

If you have 20 or more songs on your iPod titled "Encore Break"....you might be a Pearl Jam fan.

+1 :lol:
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    which one is the GOD of the band...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BlueyXoyg
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The OracleThe Oracle Posts: 526

Beautiful performance by all the band Dimi - thank you for that.
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016

Brilliant! Thanks Dimitri... :)
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    when you are at a pj show,and Even flow starts,and you cant fuckin wait to those first 2 min to pass for see GOD starts jammin..
  • Options
    your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    when a tweeting bird has you searching for cheap flights with nothing but rumours to go on
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    You are shopping in Target (this morning) and you see one last copy of Backspacer. Even though you already have a copy, you buy the last one to have the concert downloads, and to have an extra copy for the car! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    When the first hint of nicer weather comes and you break out your PJ20 hoodie to wear as a coat... :lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    reditalianreditalian Posts: 327
    When you badly break your leg the day before an Eddie concert at Massey Hall go anyway and get your seats upgraded to front row because you can't walk up the stairs and think the whole show "fuck I'm lucky I broke my leg so I can be this close to Ed".
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
  • Options
    Sugar-MagnoliaSugar-Magnolia Loveland, CO Posts: 233
    ...When you are eating dinner with the mom-in-law and she says she's been meaning to ask when she needs to watch the dogs again because she thought we were due to travel to a Pearl Jam show! I thought of this thread right away :-) :geek:
    *Denver 04-01-2003*ACL 10-04-2009*Colombus 05-06-2010*Noblesville 05-07-2010*Bridge School 10-23 & 10-24-2010*PJ20 09-03 & 09-04-2011*Deluna Fest 09-21-2012*Wrigley Field 07-19-2013*Ok City 11-16-2013*Moline (Rail, Hometown!)10-17-2014*St Paul 10-19-2014*Milwaukee 10-20-2014*Denver 10-22-2014*
    *Ed Solo: Detroit 06-26-2011, Chicago 06-29-2011*
  • Options
    RF283878RF283878 Posts: 208
    Tboz51 wrote:
    1. You've cried to at least 1 PJ song in concert.
    2. You have at least 1 PJ related tattoo
    3. You've flown on a plane with soul intent to see them live.
    4. You're friends with Dimitris on Facebook.
    5. You've already built your funeral playlist with 95% PJ live stuff.
    6. You know/can deceifer which drummer is playing on a live intro.
    7. Your first song for your first dance of your wedding is a PJ song.
    8. You know 2 or more lines from Yellow Ledbetter.
    9. You've told your girlfriend to "drop the leash!".

:-)

I have done #3,#7
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,566
    You read Pearl Jam Twenty with a highlighter.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    When you open your mouth about to say something only for your partner to interrupt with, "Is this going to be about Pearl Jam?" :D

Whenever's you lose 6 hours of your day trying to find the greatest live versions of all the songs from No Code.

When anyone mentions a particular show and you know what the opening song was every single time!

When you scribble fantasy setlists while talking on the phone. (Glasgow has had some amazing shows!!) :D

When you listen to other music and think, "That would make a great Daughter tag."

When you put watching a setlist thread before sleep even though you have to get up for work in a few hours and will definately feel like shit.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Well damn, you give away some really good stuff so you can have another PJ shelf :D
  • Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    When you travel home for ur brothers wedding and realize pearl jam is playing the night before so you get tickets without realizing there's a thing called a grooms dinner the night before a wedding. The family supports your decision to see the band in 92 anyways.

You find yourself in la for a job interview, realize you don't want the job so you catch a bus back across half the country to make the show in a theatre in 93.

Your girlfriend is visiting from overseas and they announce the gorge so you buy a pair knowing the show is the night before she leaves to go back home and 7 hours away. She's says she's game even though she's never heard of them before you tell her to trust you becuz it will be special.

You buy same girlfriend, now wife, pearl jam at the gorge box set because she's on the album with everyone else screaming their brains out.

You buy tickets to pj20 for yourself and the wife, jump in the jeep and convince her this is a great way to see the country with an awesome destination to a magical place for a once Ina lifetime show 30 hours away. When you get back and log on you see mccready has followed your exact road trip the entire way taking the same photos, except ours didn't have cool stickers in all of them.

Wife is convinced its a good idea and so you buy tickets to both ev shows in Vegas and call it a getaway.

You realize you've picked the right band and even more so, the right wife.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    almost every response you have, flows out in pj lyrics ~

:lol:
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    When you're late for work cos of this :oops:
    when you sell your clothes and borrow money off family to be able to afford a gig
    when you find excuses to talk about them whenever you can to whoever you're with :lol:
    when you watch Pearl Jam videos repeatedly on You Tube instead of doing college work
    when you get withdrawal symptoms if you're unable to listen to them for a whole day
    when you cry every time you listen to a song and lyrics that you relate to
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    nocode22nocode22 Posts: 23
    At your wedding you walked down the aisle to PJ (cover of Can't Help Falling in Love, Vegas '00). Best part? The man you married totally understood and never questioned your song choice for a second.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    When the most important thing each spring is to make sure that THIS is full to the brim

Always Keep it LOADED!

432063_3164895245584_1361466719_3177020_266473143_a.jpg
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    Jen07Jen07 Posts: 116
    Bump....just coz this is awesome :D
    Perth Nov 14, 2009
    Perth April 1, 2011 (EV solo)
  • Options
    You check google for Eddie updates. :fp:
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11