You know you're a Pearl jam fan when...

Comments

• Options
    StillHere wrote:
    you have a separate PJ Fund and you keep it fully stocked at all times

your holiday cards are PJ-themed

you sport at least 2 PJ related bumper/car stickers

you have a stickman on the window of your home

you have at least one PJ tattoo (and are considering more)

every time you hear a certain chord or note you think it will be a PJ/Ed song and get all excited...and when its not...you have to run and find that song and play it..possibly several versions of it

you will listen to any band, or watch any movie, or tv show if it contains any member of PJ in any form, sight or sound..and its QUITE possible that you have sat through several bad movies just to catch Ed at the end

your vacation time is planned around the most likely time of year for a PJ tour in your area

your toddler babies ask you who sent you the valentine's day chocolate and flowers and you say "my boyfriend" and in unison, they all chime...Ohhh...Eddie (in a tone that says they've heard it all before) :lol:

there is a PJ/Ed line for every occasion in life

95% of your "facebook friends" are fellow PJ fans, and even though you might only see them once or twice a year, you've made friends for life through this band

you have cried several times at shows..and anticipate crying again next show should certain songs be played

you suffer from post-tour depression or pre-tour anxiety so badly that you have to supplement the season with some great PJ cover bands! you know who you are :D :wave:

every time someone gets in your car, the first thing they say, is PLEASE not pearl jam this time, OK?
    (and so they then get to choose from Grateful Dead, Ed Ved or Tres Mts)

your 3 year old knows Eddie by sight and sound
    and your 5 year olds know Eddie AND Mike

you create PJ-themed jewelry and paintings

your dog is named Hank...although that happened by accident, before i even knew

your desktop, your email and your screen names are undoubtedly something about the band, a band-member or a song

you have a terabyte drive plus filled with nothing but Pearl Jam and side-projects, demos and encore breaks

you create your own PJ tee shirts

your staple wardrobe consists of at least one PJ Hoodie and several tees...at a minimum

you have a photo of yourself with at least one band member (no matter how awful you look in said photo, you love it dearly)

you are the proud owner of at least one pair of Pearl Jam Socks :D

My hero :!: :!:

When you drive behind a car whose plate is YLB 10 23 and you think it could be a custom :D
  • Options
    When you name your dog Eddie Vedder and no one in your family blinks...

My dog WAS named Vedder...hahahahaha
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    ...you cannot wait for June to come so that you can fly to Europe to see your favourite band ever :D:D:D
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    where do i begin

When you can decipher the lyrics for yellowled
    when you booked a VIP ticket at the cinema for PJ20
    You don't have life savings you have gig tickets savings
    When you can identify a song by the opening note

& finally, I sat an exam last week, the resit date is the same as the pearl jam gig,
    I know where I'll be june 20th!!!
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
    1. your family gets mad at you because everytime they get in your car; you have PJ radio on or one of their CDs
    2. You plan your whole summer around when PJ or Eddie Vedder is touring
    3. Like someone else who posted, your high school students start talking about PJ and during break they will listen to PJ songs with you
    4. Most of your T-shirts are PJ related
    5. You spend every night on this forum
    6. You make lists of all the songs you never heard in concert and you won't stop seeing PJ live until the whole list is complete :!: :lol:
    7. When you study poetry with your students and you use lyrics to PJ songs and analyze them.
  • Options
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    You try to convince your daughter to blow off her graduate school final exams this semester so that she can come with you to see Eddie on more than one date (she's done in time only for Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando). My philosophy: What are you going to remember more in ten years -- taking some boring exam or sharing an Eddie Vedder concert with your mom?

Umm...
    :?

I know -- my bad! :lol: Luckily my daughter has more sense then me, and is only going to Orlando with me. My husband is coming to Memphs with me.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    Your co-workers find out you are planning a vacation, and ask if it's a PJ concert you are attending, or EV solo! :lol:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Meg8686 wrote:

+1000
  • Options
    Meg8686 wrote:

+1000

There is real lyrics!!! :o
  • Options
    Meg8686 wrote:

+1000

Does Ed know? :lol:
    67024_10151295353435766_1894726492_n.jpg
    Becki
  • Options
    - When someone says "any better" and without skipping a beat you blurt out "Eddie Vedder what???"

- When your 79 year old father refers to Eddie as "your boy." (Saw your boy on Charlie Rose last night, I see that your boy went to Cubs fantasy camp this year, watched your boy on Letterman last night, etc.) I love my dad :D
  • Options
    EvieVedderEvieVedder NW Indiana Posts: 461
    When you have a pinterest board titled "pearljammin" that multiple strangers follow.
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • Options

+1000

Does Ed know? :lol:

He does know...he just freestyles just as Mike changes up the solo every time.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    Meg8686 wrote:

+1000

Not according to the PJ website :(

"Yellow Ledbetter (Lyrics)

Artist: Pearl Jam
    Composer: Vedder/McCready/Ament
    Lyrics:

Not Available"

Pearl Jam:

Eddie Vedder Solo:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,667
    When your friend is talking about how he really wants to quit smoking but doesn't know how he's going to get up the strength and you suggest that he should try Pearl Jam. :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CTD10CTD10 Posts: 351
    nocode22 wrote:
    - When someone says "any better" and without skipping a beat you blurt out "Eddie Vedder what???"

- When your 79 year old father refers to Eddie as "your boy." (Saw your boy on Charlie Rose last night, I see that your boy went to Cubs fantasy camp this year, watched your boy on Letterman last night, etc.) I love my dad :D

Totally relate to this. My friends will say the same things to me. Like " your boys are on fallon tonight" or " just heard your boys on the radio " haha I love it.
    ctd
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    StillHere wrote:

Been doing this over the last five years, and just for goodies, they don't come often to Argentina.
    (almost no xmas presents for anybody last xmas)
    I don't know if this has been posted yet -

when you check the goods section daily in hopes of new "goodies" :D

It's been said, but it is ok, everybody should exercise this, then no crying over spilt milk...
    I hope your posting works as a reminder to the rest...

Some days I do this before breakfast... waiting eagerly for AV stuff, and PJ20 coloured vinyl, hope I'm one of the five lucky ones...
    thefin190 wrote:

Lyrics:

Not Available"

"Not available" doesn't mean that there is no actual lyrics, it means that they don't wanna share it, and want us to decipher them... I go with the freestyling theory... maybe it is not real, but at least it is the funniest...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    StillHere wrote:

Been doing this over the last five years, and just for goodies, they don't come often to Argentina.
    (almost no xmas presents for anybody last xmas)
    I don't know if this has been posted yet -

when you check the goods section daily in hopes of new "goodies" :D

It's been said, but it is ok, everybody should exercise this, then no crying over spilt milk...
    I hope your posting works as a reminder to the rest...

Some days I do this before breakfast... waiting eagerly for AV stuff, and PJ20 coloured vinyl, hope I'm one of the five lucky ones...
    thefin190 wrote:

Lyrics:

Not Available"

"Not available" doesn't mean that there is no actual lyrics, it means that they don't wanna share it, and want us to decipher them... I go with the freestyling theory... maybe it is not real, but at least it is the funniest...

http://youtu.be/xLd22ha_-VU
  • Options
    thefin190 wrote:

Lyrics:

Not Available"

My theory is basically that he is freestyling by using his voice as an instrument. When people ask if Ed knows the lyrics or what not, its like asking if Mike knows how to play the song since he plays it differently everytime. Obviously both of them know the song, they just choose to play it different at every show. For example, if you listen to the 2011 Live on Ten Legs version of Yellow Ledbetter, it is equally as good as the album version, but definitely is played differently.

Pearl Jam:

Eddie Vedder Solo:
  • Options
    ... when all of your bank / work / garage door / log-in codes are somehow Pearl Jam related.
  • Options
    Miss TerriMiss Terri Bucksport, ME USA Posts: 24
    Your co-workers refer to you as Ms. Vedder....

You drive (alone) from mid-coast Maine (population...almost zero) into downtown Boston to see Eddie Vedder....my friends say that I am crazy

You spend over 4 hours online trying to score tickets, still not getting them, but willing to pay through the nose for them through Stubhub and feeling lucky to finally get them!

You subscribe to XM radio only for the Pearl Jam station

Planning to fly 1300 miles to see Ed in May 2012

Oh, i could go on and on and on......
    Makes much more sense to live in the present tense....

Vedder-Boston 6/16/2011
    Pearl Jam~Worcester, MA 10/15/2013
    Pearl Jam~Fenway Park 8/07/2016
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,304
    you post on this thread...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    You work in a library and when books come through whose titles are also PJ songs, you get very excited! :D

Examples: "Gone", "Just Breathe", and most recently, a children's book (not exactly a PJ song, but close enough!),
    "Where Are You Going? To See My Friend!" :lol:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    you post on this thread...

:thumbup:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    You think that their live version of 'Mother' in Buenes Aires last November is better than Pink Floyd!
    :):):)
    Post edited by southernmanfan on
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    You think that their live version of 'Mother' in Buenes Aires last November is better than Pink Floyd. :):):)

I think the Chipmunks doing Mother would sound better than Pink Floyd.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    You think that their live version of 'Mother' in Buenes Aires last November is better than Pink Floyd. :):):)

:lol::lol::lol:
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,667

Ouch.... I respect Pink Floyd a lot, personally. Although that Division Bell album in 1994 was a huge piece of shit - pretty much unlisten-able.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Ouch.... I respect Pink Floyd a lot, personally. Although that Division Bell album in 1994 was a huge piece of shit - pretty much unlisten-able.

!!! High Hopes is a great song!!!!

Not to derail the thread...

You get your sister every PJ studio album for Christmas in the slight chance that she will listen and get obsessed so that you have a concert buddy for life :thumbup:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,304
    Mamasan23 wrote:

!!! High Hopes is a great song!!!!

Not to derail the thread...

You get your sister every PJ studio album for Christmas in the slight chance that she will listen and get obsessed so that you have a concert buddy for life :thumbup:
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”