Options

You know you're a Pearl jam fan when...

Comments

• Options
    mtxmtx Posts: 283
    When Your not even 3 years old daugter calls You at work just to tell that she was dancing to PJ song playing in radio :D
    Wuhlheide 2006, 2009, 2010,2014; Chorzów 2007; Hyde Park 2010; Open'er 2010;
    Alpine 1&2;
    2012 Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, Copenhagen;
    2013 Wrigley EarthCam / Ice cold water $1
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,383
    when you take the train from ALEXfhgurogndofrnctjceitchycnPLATZ to see Pearl Jam to play live
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The Oracle wrote:
    You see the Backspacer CD on special (for $9.99 at JB Hi-Fi) and buy it AGAIN just for the 2 free concert downloads (from 2005) :D

Oh great idea..hmmm might have to pay a visit to JB's tomorrow
    Sydney Ent Centre: 10/03/1995

All the rusted signs we ignore thoughout our lives
    Choosing the shiny ones instead
  • Options
    frazbafrazba Posts: 601
    When you ask your 3 year old what colour the sun is in a picture she just drew you, she replies Lemon Yellow...that's ma girl
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    You spend most of your paycheck on last row tickets to see Eddie Vedder.

you miss game 7 of the finals to see EV ;)

yeah but he stopped before it was over

he did so i got to hear the last 5 minutes on the way home...either way it was worth ie :D:D
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    you are pulling your hair out and biting your finger nails waiting for an email from 10c that says you won the lottery and scored tickets to Prague and Berlin 2 :? :? :? :?
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options

you miss game 7 of the finals to see EV ;)

totally agree. pretty cool getting to share both Ed and the Bruins victory with the crowd at PPAC at the same time.
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    jened10jened10 Posts: 170
    ~Your morning is not complete without listening to PJ--they're seriously my coffee
    ~Your 15 month old daughter falls soundly asleep listening to Ukulele Songs & will dance to ANY Pearl Jam song
    ~Your 6th grade students know who Pearl Jam is because of you
    ~You have PJ Radio on at all times in your car
  • Options
    jened10jened10 Posts: 170
    ACE10 wrote:
    you wish you had your original 10 club number

OH DO I WISH!!!

I was so young then...became a member when I was 14. I, to this day, could kick myself!
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    you seriously considering cancelling a business trip to see ev in vegas
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    you seriously considering cancelling a business trip to see ev in vegas

You only live once :D
  • Options
    when you see the license plate "BLAYLOCK" in front of you and you drive by where you are supposed to go to get a glimpse of who's driving.
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    edited January 2012
    You try to convince your daughter to blow off her graduate school final exams this semester so that she can come with you to see Eddie on more than one date (she's done in time only for Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando). My philosophy: What are you going to remember more in ten years -- taking some boring exam or sharing an Eddie Vedder concert with your mom?
    Post edited by Catwoman1 on
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    frazba wrote:
    When you ask your 3 year old what colour the sun is in a picture she just drew you, she replies Lemon Yellow...that's ma girl

That is so cute!!!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    When since you have the highest seniority at work, on january first everyone is checking for pj tour updates in order to plan their family vacations. Just had a guy close to retirement age come over to me and say, Well good Pearl Jams are touring in Europe this year so I can plan my vacation days whenever I want." Since I live in Pittsburgh, PA that's pretty far. Then he paused for a moment and looked over at me and went, "you're not goin to that are you?" :lol:
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    When since you have the highest seniority at work, on january first everyone is checking for pj tour updates in order to plan their family vacations. Just had a guy close to retirement age come over to me and say, Well good Pearl Jams are touring in Europe this year so I can plan my vacation days whenever I want." Since I live in Pittsburgh, PA that's pretty far. Then he paused for a moment and looked over at me and went, "you're not goin to that are you?" :lol:

That is classic !!
  • Options
    you can get them or Ed to play in your backyard... :twisted: :roll:
  • Options
    edit: you know your and eddie vedder fan when you travel 350km to sydney from canberra AUS with $20 to your name watch his solo show (which was amazing!) and sleep in a flower bed on the wettest day there since the 60's and almost get stabbed by a crazed homeless man........ if i could would relive every second of that night! :)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    You try to convince your daughter to blow off her graduate school final exams this semester so that she can come with you to see Eddie on more than one date (she's done in time only for Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando). My philosophy: What are you going to remember more in ten years -- taking some boring exam or sharing an Eddie Vedder concert with your mom?

Umm...
    :?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    I stopped by my parents house to have dinner with them and they are always putting puzzles together (they are a little older in their 60's) and I usually help them put a few pieces in. The last one they had was a "Rock N Roll" puzzle full of illustrations of the history of rock n roll and illustrations of various bands, artists, albums, etc. There is an illustration of Eddie on there in his younger days representing PJ - not too far away from the Kurt Cobain and Nirvana section. My parents were just starting to put the puzzle together, so of course, the first pieces I started on and put together were the ones of Ed. :lol:
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    When your smartphone data plan charges start spiraling out of control because you can't wait to get to a computer or hotspot for your PJ YouTube fixes.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    When you plan to visit your father on the other side of the country for the first time in two years because Eddie Vedder happens to have a show scheduled in that city.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    you work in an 18th century environment, in an incredible, unique baroque theatre with an incredible acoustic, every summer you get to see amazing opera performances, you even work for the artistic director and the only thing you can think about is how cool it would be a PJ acoustic concert or Eddie's voice filling that space... :D
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    when u want to dance this with the woman you love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdiCLZOxB3Q
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534

:D:D :thumbup:
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    you have a separate PJ Fund and you keep it fully stocked at all times

your holiday cards are PJ-themed

you sport at least 2 PJ related bumper/car stickers

you have a stickman on the window of your home

you have at least one PJ tattoo (and are considering more)

every time you hear a certain chord or note you think it will be a PJ/Ed song and get all excited...and when its not...you have to run and find that song and play it..possibly several versions of it

you will listen to any band, or watch any movie, or tv show if it contains any member of PJ in any form, sight or sound..and its QUITE possible that you have sat through several bad movies just to catch Ed at the end

your vacation time is planned around the most likely time of year for a PJ tour in your area

your toddler babies ask you who sent you the valentine's day chocolate and flowers and you say "my boyfriend" and in unison, they all chime...Ohhh...Eddie (in a tone that says they've heard it all before) :lol:

there is a PJ/Ed line for every occasion in life

95% of your "facebook friends" are fellow PJ fans, and even though you might only see them once or twice a year, you've made friends for life through this band

you have cried several times at shows..and anticipate crying again next show should certain songs be played

you suffer from post-tour depression or pre-tour anxiety so badly that you have to supplement the season with some great PJ cover bands! you know who you are :D :wave:

every time someone gets in your car, the first thing they say, is PLEASE not pearl jam this time, OK?
    (and so they then get to choose from Grateful Dead, Ed Ved or Tres Mts)

your 3 year old knows Eddie by sight and sound
    and your 5 year olds know Eddie AND Mike

you create PJ-themed jewelry and paintings

your dog is named Hank...although that happened by accident, before i even knew

your desktop, your email and your screen names are undoubtedly something about the band, a band-member or a song

you have a terabyte drive plus filled with nothing but Pearl Jam and side-projects, demos and encore breaks

you create your own PJ tee shirts

your staple wardrobe consists of at least one PJ Hoodie and several tees...at a minimum

you have a photo of yourself with at least one band member (no matter how awful you look in said photo, you love it dearly)

you are the proud owner of at least one pair of Pearl Jam Socks :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options

Awww, what a beautiful comment, Dimi! :)
  • Options

cant find any better moment ,hug your woman,dance with her,look at her eyes and whisper ..:
    So I'm singing ,This is my kinda...my kinda of Love....
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795

cant find any better moment ,hug your woman,dance with her,look at her eyes and whisper ..:
    So I'm singing ,This is my kinda...my kinda of Love....

such a romantic
    i love it!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    I don't know if this has been posted yet -

when you check the goods section daily in hopes of new "goodies" :D