Comments

• Options
    Favorite bootleg moment...

People Have the Power from Buffalo 2003. It's one of my favorite covers. :D

Thanks for the contest, D.
  • Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    2000 Merriweather Post Pavilion.
    Not only my first PJ concert, but Sonic Youth was supposed to open. This isn't on the boot, but Thurston (the lead singer of SY) had a family emergency and the announcer came on to say that the crew needed 30 minutes for a change over and PJ would start a little early. However; Ed came out and did about 5 songs with the remaining SY members then did a 15 min. ukulele set before PJ came out. Awesome.
    Then they were about to end the entire night with ledbetter, but Ed stopped Mike and they huddled and began to play RITFW! Ed declares, what better place to play this song! (not to far from DC)

Dimi you rock
  • Options
    Thanks for the generosity. I needed to read something positive after sifting through the membership complainers

My favorite moment is Philly Spectrum II ... They come out to the Rocky theme and then explode into Animal...The hair on my neck was bristled like a cat.
    Reading PA 2004
    Virginia Beach outside in the grass 2008
    Philly Spectrum night 2 2009
    New York MSG night 2 2010
    Montreal Bell Centre 2011
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    My favorite is when Eddie and Mike were bantering back and forth at Philly 4 about their moms and Kiss. That was classic.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    jbaker67jbaker67 Posts: 350
    Out of my mind at philly 4. thanks for the oppurtunity!

2000: Camden 9/1 2003: Camden 7/5, Hershey 2004: Reading 2006: Camden 5/28 2008: Camden 6/19, 6/20 2009: Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 2012: Philadelphia 2016: Philadelphia 4/28, New York City 5/2 2018: Seattle 8/8, 8/10 2019: Innings Fest 2021: Sea.Hear.Now, Ohana 2022: Baltimore, Camden, Louisville, St. Louis 2023: Saint Paul 8/31, 9/2

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    it was a tape of a tape that I copied from someone in college- I dont remember what show it was from, somewhere in England in 1992 maybe? EV changed the lyrics for Evenflow to some inappropriate lyrics regarding a woman's monthly...."rest her head on a pillow made of tampax....Evenflow!!".

That was one of my first bootleg memories and it was the first thing that came to my mind when thinking how to respond to this thread.

Thanks Dimitris for this chance and for you! You are such a gift
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010 for one of the most recent favorites was Ben Bridwell (sp?) and Eddie doing "Hunger Strike". Turned out to be so good and just a total surprise.

Thanks for this opportunity!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,833
    Another incredible D contest...thanks man.

Ahhh...Many memories come to mind. One fav is Betterman from MSGII '10 where the energy and volume of the crowd sing-along throttles everyone including Eddie. Crazy loud and crazy good.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Interstellar Overdrive Noblesville In...what a great surprise opener for me...thx
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    KlownKlown Posts: 47
    The 20 minutes or so around Black into the speech into Come Back into Alive at the Berlin show. Don't think anything will top that, and i was mere feet away from the stage for that.
  • Options
    Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    The San Diego 2009 when Eddie sing Happy Birthday to Lulu.
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • Options
    GotMeABigWaveGotMeABigWave Posts: 42
    edited February 2011
    Thank you Dimitris! Your generosity knows no bounds!

There are so many great moments to choose from...but probably the most recent one is from the O2 in London in 2009 when Eddie asks the crowd to take three steps back to relieve some of the pressure on those nearest to the stage. Every time I listen to the bootleg, I can still see the crowd, without fail and en masse, take those three steps back as Eddie counted. I was watching it high up in the stand and was in complete awe of the sight, but most of all of the collective understanding of the significance of this request. A shared respect for those who lost their lives at Roskilde and those that have to live with the memory. A brilliant band with brilliant fans!
    Post edited by GotMeABigWave on
  • Options
    "This is an ATTEMPT to play this next song...an ATTEMPT."
    "It's something from way back written by this guy Mr. Stone Gossard"
    "Maybe we've never played it..."

cue intro to HOLD ON

nuff said.
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • Options
    Hearing Black for the first time at MSG 2 2010 was amazing, from the opening chords, I was wrapped up and time had come to a stand still.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Boston 2010 - Daughter's 1st show. Lottery 2nd row Mike's side. Ed tosses her a tambourine during RITW. Unforgettable.

Thanks, Dimi!
  • Options
    :think: Happy Birthday Brendan O'Brien at Belfast :D
  • Options
    can i vote for the after show recording of dave, you and me ...not 100% on a boot but i think most people know if it now...

and if i win can you send the boot to bds kids. :D as i have them all :shock:
    ILL TRY TO UPLOAD ME-YOU-DAVE AND GIVE IT TO ALLL :D
    AND YOU DONT HAVE THE MYSTERY GIFT.. :mrgreen:

ok if im drawn forth i will haveit ..thanks
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    can i vote for the after show recording of dave, you and me ...not 100% on a boot but i think most people know if it now...

and if i win can you send the boot to bds kids. :D as i have them all :shock:
    ILL TRY TO UPLOAD ME-YOU-DAVE AND GIVE IT TO ALLL :D
    AND YOU DONT HAVE THE MYSTERY GIFT.. :mrgreen:

ok if im drawn forth i will haveit ..thanks
    im from south of italy.... :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Cincinnati 06 when Eddie Vedder wiped his ass with a Rolling Stone magazine. Took some guts to do that, but it was Ev so it made sense. Thanks for doing this.
    I got some if you need it.

5/20/06 Cleveland 6/24/06 Cincinnati 5/6/10 Columbus 5/7/10 Indiana 5/9/10 Cleveland 5/10/10 Buffalo 6/26/11 EV Detroit 9/3-4/11 Alpine Valley WI 9/11-12/11 Toronto 2011 Atlanta 2012
  • Options
    My favorite was when the guys were in Memphis and Ed asked for a jacket and played can't help falling in love. I was there.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    QuestionAuthorityQuestionAuthority Idaho Posts: 327
    When Eddie Vedder Said "High Dad" Dad When Lightning Went Completely Across The Sky During The Middle Of Realese Kansas City '03
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As individual fingers we can easily be broken, but together we make a mighty fist ~ Sitting Bull
  • Options
    thank you Dimitris!

my favourite moments from some shows I've attended, these are my highlights:

- MILANO 2000: DAUGHTER's tag (Ed & the audience singing), it was my first PJ show, I was 17.
    - MARSEILLE 2006: LONG ROAD, finally after 6 years you're back!
    - MARSEILLE 2006: FATAL, unbelievable!
    - BOLOGNA 2006: ALONE, BU$HLEAGUER
    - VERONA 2006: RELEASE...
    - MILANO 2006: MAN OF THE HOUR
    - MILANO 2006: I AM MINE..."the world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight"
    - MILANO 2006: BLACK...a killer version, incredible audience, once again!
    - MILANO 2006: CRAZY MARY...during the guitar & organ solos, Eddie pass me his bottle of wine!!!
    - TORINO 2006: TREMOR CHRIST
    - PISTOIA 2006: I GOT SHIT
    - ZAGREB 2006: IN HIDING, GIMME SOME TRUTH, THUMBING MY WAY, ALL OR NONE
    - MUNCHEN 2007: FOOTSTEPS
    - LONDON 2007: LOW LIGHT, IMMORTALITY
    - MANCHESTER 2009: SLEIGHT OF HAND, SMILE
    - LONDON 2009: FOOTSTEPS, RATS
    - DUBLIN 2010: NOTHINGMAN...10 years after my first PJ show, 22 of june.
    - BELFAST 2010: TREMOR CHRIST
    - BERLIN 2010: COME BACK
    - VENEZIA 2010: BREATH
  • Options
    Fargo 2003. Ed explains that they are there for the first time because of Jeff. He thanks Jeff and his family and then also, so quick that not many in the audience catch it, he thanks the Coen Brothers. :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Ευχαριστώ Dimi! (I hope I have that right)

Favorite moment:

Hamilton '05 Sad when the drums at the start go "bum bum bum" fast like the 2nd or 3rd time, I'm playing "air drums" and Ed sees me - 'cause I'm close :D - and you can hear him on the boot say "that's cool"

everytime I hear the boot, I relive it.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    lbc72lbc72 Posts: 35
    Thanks Dimi! This is your coolest giveaway yet...cuz like you said we all love boots!!!!!

One of my favorite bootleg moments was in Kitchener 2005. Ed is trying to work out "Soon Forget" a couple of times...then stops and breaks into one of the greatest versions of "Can't Keep" I have ever seen played. Also, I love every boot/show that has "Last Exit" as the second tune of the night...always a sign of something epic to come. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Dimi, thanks again for yet another giveaway.

Jones Beach- 2000 It always makes me laugh when Eddie starts giving Stone shit for taking a helicopter to the show.
  • Options
    lbc72lbc72 Posts: 35
    greenmanny wrote:
    Favorite bootleg moment...

People Have the Power from Buffalo 2003. It's one of my favorite covers. :D

Thanks for the contest, D.

I love that version...killer moment! :D
  • Options
    wow what an amazing contest :) thanks so much for the opportunity

one of my favourite bootleg moments
    that i've only recently listened to for the first time
    was
    Faithfull - July 22, 1998 in Seattle, Washington
    The version of the song is killer. Eddie's heavy breathing at the beginning, the guitars, the amazing vocals. Love it so much. It's quickly becoming my favourite version of the song

Thanks again :)
  • Options
    Thanks again for this chance.

My moment would have to be July 5, 2003 in Camden. RITFW mid set with fireworks over the Delaware River lighting up Philly.
    "When a person's soul is born in a country, nets are flung at it to hold it back from flight. You speak to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly past those nets." - James Joyce
  • Options
    jcJamjcJam Bogota, Colombia Posts: 103
    Black performed at Buenos Aires, Argentina (Nov. 26 - 2005). All the song and when Eddie said "is so beautiful" in the end of it.... it was gorgeous
    2005: Buenos Aires 2 • 2011: Lima • 2012: Atlanta • 2013: LA x2 • 2014: Detroit, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School x2 • 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival), Buenos Aires, Porto Alegre, Sau Paulo, Brasilia, Belo Horizonte, Rio, Bogota, Mexico • 2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Philly x2 • NYC 2 • Fenway x2 • Wrigley x2 • 2018: Rio, Sau Paulo, Seattle x2, Missoula • 2021: Ohana x3 • 2022: San Diego, LA x2, Phoenix, Oakland x2, Fresno, Sacramento, Vegas, Vienna, PragueAmsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2 • 2023: Indi, Fort Worth x2, Austin x2