Options

BOOTLEG PACKAGE ...for FREE - WINNER

Comments

• Options
    Melbourne 1998 - best live version of the best live PJ song - PORCH......

Thanks D !!!
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    edited February 2011
    thanks for the chance

boston 2010

ed starts naming all the small towns around massachusetts that they have never played
    right before elderly woman

same show-
    the zinn tribute into undone
    Post edited by ed243421 on
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Damn D,....AMAZING give away.
    My fave at the moment is when Cornell came out on LA3 in Oct. 2009 to sing Hunger Strike!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    My favorite is from the Gorge in 06, after Daughter when Ed starts talking about people bombing the shit out of each other in the middle east, and record temperatures around the world, and how when you go to sleep at night you try to tell yourself it's gonna be okay. "It's getting harder and harder to say.. it's okay. So will you help remind me?"

Then they go into my favorite version of It's Okay. I still get chills whenever it comes on.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    Roscoe28 wrote:
    Melbourne 1998 - best live version of the best live PJ song - PORCH......

Thanks D !!!
    omg....i have years to listen that...killer killer version..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    who_me13 wrote:
    My favorite is from the Gorge in 06, after Daughter when Ed starts talking about people bombing the shit out of each other in the middle east, and record temperatures around the world, and how when you go to sleep at night you try to tell yourself it's gonna be okay. "It's getting harder and harder to say.. it's okay. So will you help remind me?"

Then they go into my favorite version of It's Okay. I still get chills whenever it comes on.

Yeah that is pretty cool, one of my favorite versions of Daughter
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    At EV I in Baltimore, when Ed started into Porch and my son who was only 12 then, stood up with his neon stickman shirt on, closed his eyes and raised his hands in a V, totally rocked it out, word for word from the 9th row center. Ed kept looking at him and got the biggest grin on his face, and kept looking back at him throughout the show just smiling. After the show, we saw him at an upstairs window and he pointed to my son, waved at him, with a big smile on his face.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    thanks a lot for the great contest!

my favourite moment was the Buffalo 2003 show and the impromptu third encore ("Mike McCready will pay the fine tonight")...it was my first ever PJ show and will always be a personal favourite!
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    'RELEASE' opening the last 2000 show in Seattle. Amazing show!
  • Options
    Seeing as how it is the Philly box set I was thinking about how they played for so long on Halloween night! That was an awesome show and then at the end when the balloons and the confetti dropped and it was just really special because it was the last time anybody would ever play in the Spectrum. Bittersweet.
  • Options
    right before wishlist in saratoga 00...ed says the song's so easy even a monkey can play it...than he proceeds to fuck up the lyrics! to great roars and cheers from the crown of course...

good stuff :D
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    I am finally posting after years away, was too long!

Anyway, this is an amazing giveaway! I have read about these for a while now and always dreaming if I would win something like that!

My favorite moment would be from Columbus OH show in...2003 I believe it was? Anyhow, the band came up with a little number, "Improv on Ohio". Being from this town & state, felt special to have a little number about us!

Thanks for the chance in the contest!
    "I am myself, like you somehow"
  • Options
    crown of thorns at boston last year.. i cried
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    Favorite moment is Live at the Gorge when Eddie is trying to get Tom Petty to come down to the show.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    edited February 2011
    Love the Gorge '05 show! Fave part is when Eddie screws up Betterman, and says "Tom Petty would never do that, never, he's a professional, he practices... or he's just a natural. Help me," and then he tries again.
    Thanks for the chance! ;)
    Post edited by guitar59 on
  • Options
    Listening to Black in Columbus 2010...I took my 18 yr. old daughter to her first PJ show. After joking that she had been "tortured" throughout her childhood by having to listen to Pearl Jam in the back seat of our car since infancy, she agreed to go to a show to pay me back for taking her to some of her favorite band's shows through the years (Warped Tour, My Chemical Romance, Smashing Pumpkins (!), etc.) By the time the band started playing Black in Columbus, I knew she had been converted. And when Stone started the first notes, she grabbed my hand and started tearing up.... :thumbup:
  • Options
    Listening to Black in Columbus 2010...I took my 18 yr. old daughter to her first PJ show. After joking that she had been "tortured" throughout her childhood by having to listen to Pearl Jam in the back seat of our car since infancy, she agreed to go to a show to pay me back for taking her to some of her favorite band's shows through the years (Warped Tour, My Chemical Romance, Smashing Pumpkins (!), etc.) By the time the band started playing Black in Columbus, I knew she had been converted. And when Stone started the first notes, she grabbed my hand and started tearing up.... :thumbup:
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Thanks for the chance Dimitris! Lots of moments to choose from!

My favorite moment is from my first PJ Show - San Antonio 2003. It was a great experience to finally see the band whose music I loved so much. I loved the Wishlist tag from that show.

While other moments have been great, I think the first great moment will always be the best just for that feeling I had :D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    dude...you rock for doing all these giveaways

My favorite has gotta be Eddie's speech during Porch @ Bonnaroo
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    thanks D for this!!!

have to be BUGS... that accordion :twisted:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    Wow, favorite moment from a boot...tough one...guess I'll go with the one that still cracks me up...State College '03...the crowd chanting "Dirty Frank, Dirty Frank...", and Ed's reply "That's disgusting"...love that version of Down too...
  • Options
    My favorite moment was at MSG 2 in 1998 when they played an energized version of Breathe. Those were my first set of PJ shows in a row and they were incredible. That moment encapsulates what those 3 shows meant to me at that time in my life.
    POP POP!
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 598
    San Diego show Oct.9/2009. Eddie and Matt's first music teachers joining the band onstage for Little Wing then Eddie midway thru So you want to be a rock and roll star telling the story about working for the petroleum company but having to keep a mohawk hairdo to keep his spot in with his band.
  • Options
    My fav moment was from Kansas City 2010 when Eddie brought Tomas Young on stage and sung No More..
    Awesome!!
  • Options
    pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    even flow from penn state '03. I love the song, but unless i'm at the shows, it's hit or miss for me on the boots...however, mr. mccready does a wicked job on this version and it kicks my ass every time.

...dimitris, there are a lot of cool PJ fans out there, but i think you rank at the top. you're always generous and kind.
  • Options
    Detroit '03
    Encore was
    Soon Forget
    Baba O'Riley
    Yellow Ledbetter (first time)

or....
    Toledo '04 with Neil Young
    All Along The Watchtower
    Act Of Love
    Cortez The Killer
    Rockin' In The Free World
    Dream the dreams of other men...You will be no ones rival

28 times and rocked them all
  • Options
    end of time,time for the winner.. :)
  • Options
    and the lucky winner is

Empty Glass

thanks alot all you join...congrats to the winner... :)
  • Options
    congrats. Enjoy the boots :D
  • Options
    greenmanny wrote:
    congrats. Enjoy the boots :D
    Funny you post now..i always pick a senond winner just in case the post i pick was mine or double post..
    and you was the 2nd...i wish good luck next time.. :)