Options

***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Both Camden shows were almost 3hrs each ending close to 11:30
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    FrankieG said:

ldent42 said:

FrankieG said:

JK_Livin said:

Dick's has some $2 ponchos.

Another great show last night. I would like to hear more Sonic Highways songs though.

YES! GREAT show! At the end when they played that other Queen song... WTF, Play I AM A RIVER!!! Breakdown is my favorite cover song that FF plays, so I was very happy to hear that one, but seriously, more Sonic Highways songs!

I had a great seat, Section 202 row D, which is McCready's side about 10 seats to the left of the soundboard, in line with the soundboard. There was this weird aisle in the middle of the section, so I danced like crazy with a perfect view!! The people in my section did not dance at all... They even sat during Aurora.... :open_mouth: There was one guy who rocked out during White Limo, but that was it. I made up for their lack of energy though. :rock_on:

Definitely one of the better Foos shows that I have been able to attend. They rivaled PJ on the how fun the show was. The crowd sang awesomely during the My Hero chorus Dave gave us. I can't even pick a highlight because the whole thing was great. I can't rank it over the show at the 9:30 club (because front row trumps everything...) but I had alot more room to dance last night and that counts for more than I thought it would.

Before this show, SBC was my least favorite venue. This show made up for it a little, but still would way rather be in the Wells Fargo Center.... Luckily I had an easy exit cause the traffic out of there is rediculous.
    Frankie can you give an approximate show run time? I'm trying to work out if we should have an early dinner before the show or a late one after.

Also finally heard back from the Mets ticketing service & got switched to disabled seats. Hooray!
    The Camden show was 8:40pm til 11:30pm, but that might not be typical? Dave was saying how they don't usually play 3 hours but he feels like tonight will be a 3 hour show. But that might be a lie? All the sets seem to be the same length.
    Did the ticket say 7PM start time? I'm trying to gauge what time to arrive at CitiField tonight. With the rain and all in the forecast :confused:

I bet Dave says that at all the shows. I once saw two shows on the same tour like 3 months apart, he was cracking the same jokes!
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Suziemay said:

FrankieG said:

ldent42 said:

FrankieG said:

JK_Livin said:

Another great show last night. I would like to hear more Sonic Highways songs though.

YES! GREAT show! At the end when they played that other Queen song... WTF, Play I AM A RIVER!!! Breakdown is my favorite cover song that FF plays, so I was very happy to hear that one, but seriously, more Sonic Highways songs!

I had a great seat, Section 202 row D, which is McCready's side about 10 seats to the left of the soundboard, in line with the soundboard. There was this weird aisle in the middle of the section, so I danced like crazy with a perfect view!! The people in my section did not dance at all... They even sat during Aurora.... :open_mouth: There was one guy who rocked out during White Limo, but that was it. I made up for their lack of energy though. :rock_on:

Definitely one of the better Foos shows that I have been able to attend. They rivaled PJ on the how fun the show was. The crowd sang awesomely during the My Hero chorus Dave gave us. I can't even pick a highlight because the whole thing was great. I can't rank it over the show at the 9:30 club (because front row trumps everything...) but I had alot more room to dance last night and that counts for more than I thought it would.

Before this show, SBC was my least favorite venue. This show made up for it a little, but still would way rather be in the Wells Fargo Center.... Luckily I had an easy exit cause the traffic out of there is rediculous.
    Frankie can you give an approximate show run time? I'm trying to work out if we should have an early dinner before the show or a late one after.

Also finally heard back from the Mets ticketing service & got switched to disabled seats. Hooray!
    The Camden show was 8:40pm til 11:30pm, but that might not be typical? Dave was saying how they don't usually play 3 hours but he feels like tonight will be a 3 hour show. But that might be a lie? All the sets seem to be the same length.
    Did the ticket say 7PM start time? I'm trying to gauge what time to arrive at CitiField tonight. With the rain and all in the forecast :confused:

I bet Dave says that at all the shows. I once saw two shows on the same tour like 3 months apart, he was cracking the same jokes!
    Yeah, 7pm start time on the ticket.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieG said:

Suziemay said:

FrankieG said:

ldent42 said:

FrankieG said:

JK_Livin said:

Yeah, 7pm start time on the ticket.
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834

I can't believe my crap luck, they've announced new dates for the UK at the start of September, and I'm away on holiday in the US - then to add insult to injury, they play in California (where I'm holidaying) the day after I fly home! I know, I know, first world problems and all that, but I'm gutted that I'm not gonna get to see them this year.

Lol, nice to know people care!!

Could be worse, could be Pearl Jam, then I really would be crying/rearranging my holiday :)

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,065

I can't believe my crap luck, they've announced new dates for the UK at the start of September, and I'm away on holiday in the US - then to add insult to injury, they play in California (where I'm holidaying) the day after I fly home! I know, I know, first world problems and all that, but I'm gutted that I'm not gonna get to see them this year.

Lol, nice to know people care!!

Could be worse, could be Pearl Jam, then I really would be crying/rearranging my holiday :)

:tongue:

sucks dude. I passed on seeing them in philly/camden. tix were too much and i hated the venue/city they were playing in.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    On the way back from Citi Field. Dave Grohl is a fucking rockstar! No one else would have been able to pull off touring with a broken leg sitting atop that throne!!

Royal Blood came on stage right at 7, and played for about 40 mins. Foos came on around 8:40, played until 11:05 or so and did an encore which apparently they don't do. But made an exception because CHAD SMITH was in the house!!!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    We got in a wee but late. Was Everlong the first song played?

Also - the merch situation for foo fighters vs the merch situation for PJ is like night & day. I bought a t shirt & stickers at 9pm.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Also, $25 a shirt much more reasonable than a lot of other shows I've been to the past few years that want $35
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Yup, they opened with Everlong, apparently they've been doing that all tour. Wish they wouldn't, Everlong is clearly a closer :D

Foo merch is much less "limited" than PJ merch. No complaints from me tho, I like not needing to worry about getting some stickers and a T-shirt!
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Yup, they opened with Everlong, apparently they've been doing that all tour. Wish they wouldn't, Everlong is clearly a closer :D

Foo merch is much less "limited" than PJ merch. No complaints from me tho, I like not needing to worry about getting some stickers and a T-shirt!

How is a concert at Citi Field?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Suziemay said:

Great if you're close and it doesn't rain!
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

JK_Livin said:

Suziemay said:

Great if you're close and it doesn't rain!
    +1
    The funny part was the call & response they did with only the top deck behind home plate. It took a few seconds for the sound to reach them. I was in the seats behind first base and it was a bit difficult to see what was happening on the stage (I have shitty vision) but the sound was good.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 804
    Anyone in Boston going to the pop up shop? I am looking for a poster and one of there records and won't be up there until mid afternoon tomorrow. Would be great if someone could hook me up!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,461
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    So....Anyone know what time the show starts tomorrow since it also includes MMB? Foos sight says 8 PM. But I have seen FF are usually on stage around 8:40. Plus they need to fit another band in.
    Post edited by marjen on
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Little tip for those hitting up some posters or gear at the pop up shops.If you go in and the don't have or are out of something and it's due in the next day or so,have them put you on "the list". They don't tell people about it but it exists if you ask.
    They did not have posters at RFK show on Thursday when I went to the pop up,so went back next day waited again in line for about 30 min and they had sold out of the posters that didn't come in the day before(only 200 of this print).When I got up to counter I just told him my name from day before and he went in back and got my poster.they saved it for me and others who came in and asked.But boy did it piss some people in line off.hehe
  • Options
    Citi Field merch is now online if anyone wants anything. http://shop.foofighters.com/collections/citi-field
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Citi Field merch is now online if anyone wants anything. http://shop.foofighters.com/collections/citi-field

Thanks for this. I missed out on the poster but it was a good second chance to get that T shirt i wanted but didn't want to hold up the line for.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    NYPJ
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,556

Foo Fighters absolutely killed it last night at Fenway.

The guitar throne is f'ing rad!
  • Options
    Agreed, awesome show last night. Dave definitely embrases the rock star persona, the man knows how to work a crowd. Great time! And the klausen poster was awesome!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,556
    He cares..... He cares about putting on the best show possible...... It's exactly what I love about PJ, they give you their all every night.

I missed out on the Klausen poster, but that's ok...... I got the blue shirt w/ the green writing and the Irish flag. It's pretty sweet.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    he talks a bit much - especially using the word motherfucker

and i'm sure casual fans say the same about ed - about the talking part not the MF ;)

i had a fun time on saturday

• Options
    If anyone cares... Ryan Adams covering Times Like These in Sydney https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BG9u798who
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Very cool! Thanks for posting that, SuzieMay.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,461
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    That was fucking amazing!