Options

***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Number 1 in some places right now.

http://twitter.com/#!/foofighters
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    #1 in America!! Rock is #1 again! Take that Brittney and Adele.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I love the Foos, but Adele is fucking awesome too.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    You guys might have seen some of this or more than this but I just saw it....
    http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/blo ... e-20110419

Damn....the old man who lives next door to me wold've loved this shit...not....which would've made it all the more bad ass
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    The garage tour is awesome!
  • Options
    i can't stop listening to this album. good, catchy rock music.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376

AGREED!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Edrock78Edrock78 Posts: 167
    thefixer9 wrote:

AGREED!
    Same here. It's perfect imo and I don't say that about many albums.
  • Options
    Edrock78 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

AGREED!
    Same here. It's perfect imo and I don't say that about many albums.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Newch91 wrote:

Indeed, so very cool! The NY stop on the tour was very close to where I live. If only I was home, would have maybe tried to catch a glimpse of them! I was joking with my dad that we could have gone over and been like "Hey, just wanted to introduce ourselves, we're the new neighbors- what's this you have going on today?" :lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Indeed, so very cool! The NY stop on the tour was very close to where I live. If only I was home, would have maybe tried to catch a glimpse of them! I was joking with my dad that we could have gone over and been like "Hey, just wanted to introduce ourselves, we're the new neighbors- what's this you have going on today?" :lol:
    :lol: You should've.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Newch91 wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

:lol: You should've.
    I wish I was home instead of school- when I heard where they were in NY this was my face --> :o
    :lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    NoCode_inMTNoCode_inMT Posts: 551
    look what came in the mail today

Footix-1.jpg

CAN'T F'N WAIT!!
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    look what came in the mail today

Footix-1.jpg

CAN'T F'N WAIT!!
    That's so awesome!!!! Happy for you! Enjoy the show!
  • Options
    The garage tour clips they've been posting on their youtube channel are f@ckin awesome. What other band would of their stature would do such a thing? Grohl is the most charismatic rock star on the planet who also more than anything else seems so appreciative and down to earth.

Keep in mind they are all a bit older now with families and multiple children. Point being, it aint easy to do what they are doing. I smell well deserved multiple grammy's,..... if that even means anything (in an eddie voice...lol)
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    I smell well deserved multiple grammy's,..... if that even means anything (in an eddie voice...lol)
    Agreed. I definitely see Best Rock Album award. Right now, I think this album deserves Album of the Year nom and Record of the Year nom.
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    I think they're definitely going to win Best Rock Album (or Alternative Album, depending on how they nominate it). The Foos have won some Grammys in the past so I wouldn't be surprised.

Finally picked this record up today. The little piece of master tape is a great touch.
  • Options
    So I've ordered plenty of vinyl from Amazon before, and I've had it arrive in all sorts of ways. From the standard slim box that the record fits snugly in to the huge-ass mega box that could hold several box sets. Today however was a first. I got home and there was Wasting Light with a shipping label slapped directly on it. No envelope. No box. Nothing. How it even got to me and it's in the shape it's in is beyond me.

Has anyone else had something shipped to them like this before?
  • Options
    I think my favorites are Bridge Burning and Dear Rosemary. Bob Mould is absolutely fantastic in "Dear Rosemary".
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    I think my favorites are Bridge Burning and Dear Rosemary. Bob Mould is absolutely fantastic in "Dear Rosemary".
    Agree to all of this 100%
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    So I've ordered plenty of vinyl from Amazon before, and I've had it arrive in all sorts of ways. From the standard slim box that the record fits snugly in to the huge-ass mega box that could hold several box sets. Today however was a first. I got home and there was Wasting Light with a shipping label slapped directly on it. No envelope. No box. Nothing. How it even got to me and it's in the shape it's in is beyond me.

Has anyone else had something shipped to them like this before?

That's fucking wild. I've only ever ordered several records from amazon at a time, but yeah I've got the media mailer type thing and then a regular box full of records and the giant air bubble packing.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    "Walk" hits close to home for me.

My husband and I were in a near-fatal car accident after leaving a Them Crooked Vultures show in NYC last year, and both of my femurs and hips were broken, as well as other fractures. I literally just started walking 2 months ago with a cane. So this song eerily speaks volumes...
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    Jeanwah wrote:

My husband and I were in a near-fatal car accident after leaving a Them Crooked Vultures show in NYC last year, and both of my femurs and hips were broken, as well as other fractures. I literally just started walking 2 months ago with a cane. So this song eerily speaks volumes...

wow. i'm glad you're getting better.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Look what they posted on Facebook. :D

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Newch91 wrote:

Just saw that!!! :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Just saw that!!! :lol:
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:

Jeez, thats rough. You poor thing :cry: glad you are ok

I think this album hits home for alot of people, in different ways. It was released the day after my dad crashed his race car and could have died, (he was trapped in the car for 40 mins and it caught on fire and he was knocked out for a while) we are lucky he is ok but it was traumatic and this album has helped me get through it. The foos are healers :D
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363

wow. i'm glad you're getting better.

Thanks! :)
    Jeanwah wrote:

Jeez, thats rough. You poor thing :cry: glad you are ok

I think this album hits home for alot of people, in different ways. It was released the day after my dad crashed his race car and could have died, (he was trapped in the car for 40 mins and it caught on fire and he was knocked out for a while) we are lucky he is ok but it was traumatic and this album has helped me get through it. The foos are healers :D

Yes, they are healers, it seems! And thankfully your dad is OK! :)