Options

***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,382
    ^ Pierce definitely killed it, but it seemed a bit planned to me. It was entertaining nonetheless. They really brought it and played close to 3 hours! Highlights of the night for me Run, The Pretender, The Sky is a Neighborhood, Something from Nothing and Skin N Bones. The Struts were energetic, over the top and made me laugh, "put your hands up, get em up, up up, put em up"!!! Loved the theatrical bows after each song.
    I thought it seemed staged at first as well. But after reading about it the next couple days, it seems like a legit impromptu moment. 

Great night all around. Dave was a lot of fun
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,492
    I sure wish they'd come to TX.  Nothing for Wasting Light and nothing so far for Concrete and Gold.
  • Options
    chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    Lexington show postponed until May 1 due to family emergency.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    Two more shows postponed
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Foo's in Philly 7/7!!!!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I will see you in Atlanta 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I'm in for Wrigley. I'll probably do the Cubs vs Cardinals series the weekend before and just stay all week until the show on 7/29.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Foo's in Philly 7/7!!!!
    I wish they'd play inside though.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Why can’t PJ schedule their summer?
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    That would be too convenient. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Does anyone have the pre-sale code for 10/30? 
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Wrigley, nice! I can sell my Sioux Falls tickets then maybe and avoid the travel there in November. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    Never seen them before but thinking I should hit up the Atlanta gig.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    Fenway should be happening for me
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    I have a friend in Cleveland who is game! Awesome!
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    I haven't been to a FF show since 1997. What is the merch situation at their shows? Anything like PJ, or can I just walk up to the merch stand after the gates open and get a shirt and poster?
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I haven't been to a FF show since 1997. What is the merch situation at their shows? Anything like PJ, or can I just walk up to the merch stand after the gates open and get a shirt and poster?
    Not like PJ.  You can get everything you want plus short lines.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Foo's in Philly 7/7!!!!
    fuck camden!  they still promised a show at the electric factory :anguished:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Foo's in Philly 7/7!!!!
    fuck camden!  they still promised a show at the electric factory :anguished:
    They sure did and that was from a while ago.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Thanks, @CopperTom!

BTW, Do I recognize your name from sidewalk crusaders back in the early 2000s? 
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Of course the Foos are coming to Jacksonville when I'll be in Colorado. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    CopperTom said:
    Not like PJ.  You can get everything you want plus short lines.
    It still depends on who does the poster, and the location of the show.  I wasn't able to get a poster the last time Foos played Wrigley.
  • Options
    It will be Sioux Falls, so I don't expect much demand there. Or I could be wrong, whatever happens. 

I'll try for Wrigley tickets on the 6th though, and maybe sell my Sioux Falls ones then? I'm not sure how that works, selling through TM. They are will call GA tickets. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    I can't vouch for FF, but merch at concerts all together seems more painful.    I don't think it's going to be a 3 or 4 hour outdoor lineup like a PJ show, but it's still a slow crawl inside.   Most people want to check out stuff out before paying, and then pay with plastic.  The old days of looking at the wall, choosing what you wanted, doing the math in your head, and paying with cash are over.  It causes merch lines to completely stall.    I remember giving up at the GNR one in Seattle because it was going to cause me to miss the opening band (AiC).  We were in it for about 40 minutes and advance a meter. 

Then again I don't remember the Foo Fighters 2011 concert in Vancouver having crazy merch lineups, but PJ shows there don't either.   Not a super crazy market I guess.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Zod said:
    I can't vouch for FF, but merch at concerts all together seems more painful.    I don't think it's going to be a 3 or 4 hour outdoor lineup like a PJ show, but it's still a slow crawl inside.   Most people want to check out stuff out before paying, and then pay with plastic.  The old days of looking at the wall, choosing what you wanted, doing the math in your head, and paying with cash are over.  It causes merch lines to completely stall.    I remember giving up at the GNR one in Seattle because it was going to cause me to miss the opening band (AiC).  We were in it for about 40 minutes and advance a meter. 

Then again I don't remember the Foo Fighters 2011 concert in Vancouver having crazy merch lineups, but PJ shows there don't either.   Not a super crazy market I guess.
    I agree with this. the GNR show lineup was INSANE. good thing I wasn't interested in anything. I find most big name act merch lines are crazy long these days. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    edited October 2017
    Zod said:

I agree with this. the GNR show lineup was INSANE. good thing I wasn't interested in anything. I find most big name act merch lines are crazy long these days. 
    Even the tragically hip lineup last summer was awful, and the arena here only holds about 7000 people.   They should ban plastic and trying on stuff.   It's funny that I used to think Merch lineups were bad 20 years ago because I had to wait 10 minutes... lol.  Of course the only thing I bought back then was a tshirt, and only if I thought it was something I would wear. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

Even the tragically hip lineup last summer was awful, and the arena here only holds about 7000 people.   They should ban plastic and trying on stuff.   It's funny that I used to think Merch lineups were bad 20 years ago because I had to wait 10 minutes... lol.  Of course the only thing I bought back then was a tshirt, and only if I thought it was something I would wear. 
    well I think that might be a bad example, it having been their last tour and all......
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I think credit cards speed things up. Swipe, sign and done. No more counting out change and stuff. Am I the minority on that one?

Unless the card readers are dial-up, then I can see the delay. 
  • Options
    I think credit cards speed things up. Swipe, sign and done. No more counting out change and stuff. Am I the minority on that one?

Unless the card readers are dial-up, then I can see the delay. 
    no, I agree with you. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
     disilluzion said:
    It will be Sioux Falls, so I don't expect much demand there. Or I could be wrong, whatever happens. 

I'll try for Wrigley tickets on the 6th though, and maybe sell my Sioux Falls ones then? I'm not sure how that works, selling through TM. They are will call GA tickets. 

If you sell through TM, then TM essentially cancels your order and reissues it to the new buyer, and they become the ticketholder of record. On their end, it's as if they bought them directly from TM, the only difference is that the price is set by you (based on what revenue you want to clear per ticket).

Want to hear something funny? I just sold my Lexington tickets via TM on Friday, when life got too crazy and I realized it would be insane to try to go due to obligations, kids under the weather, etc. (I live in Louisville, so it'd be a case of leaving the house at 5pm and getting home around 1am, too long to be gone on this particular weekend).  Then Saturday rolls around, the show gets postponed, and they set a new date...for a show I don't even have tickets for anymore. And I didn't even turn a profit--I set the price just to get my money back, both because I'm not a flipper/scalper and don't want to be seen as one, and so that my tickets would be the cheapest resale tickets in my section and would be sure to sell. So I'm feeling pret-ty smart right about now.