Options

** updated COLLEGE BASKETBALL 2023 / 2024. **

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    Newch91 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Another good Op-Ed by Joe Nocera about the NCAA and their investigating techniques.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/24/opini ... =joenocera

reading that article sure seems like the ncaa has a case. i mean a woman who can't buy christmas presents is suddenly buying or accepting plane tickets a few months later...umm ok.

what does this guy expect the ncaa to do? does he want the families to be able to accept money from agents and such and still be eligible? i don't get it. and there is nothing saying these players have to play in the NCAA. if you want to play you have to play by the rules.

and the 3 refs in the west virginia - syracuse game should be suspended for a week or so. just awful. huggy bear was a heck of alot more calm after that game than i would have been.
    The Op-Ed before this, he makes a great point of the NCAA saying they're investigating a player, but won't say. I think I posted it in this thread.

i will say i think it's kind of ridiculous that this is going on during the season. what a disruption to a team which is totally unfair to everyone else involved with the program. if the ncca believed this was an issue last spring it is ridiculous for it to have gone into the season. it should have been decided long before this. i'm not sure what the solution is to the timing of it even if the ncaa might have a case.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Is anyone else aware of the fact that SE Missouri State's head coach's name is Dicky Nutt?
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Is anyone else aware of the fact that SE Missouri State's head coach's name is Dicky Nutt?
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    edited February 2012
    Post edited by Callaway on
  • Options
    fadebc7a-c0a6-4de2-98a6-081c9cd3ae99.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Heisenberg wrote:

one more thing....

ROCK. CHALK. JAYHAWK!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    pureoc wrote:
    Callaway wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Nice flop by Smith on the wiffed elbow in the Michigan game. Then he gets up off the floor like he really got tagged. He couldn't even fool Valentine :lol:

That was Deshaun Thomas not Lenzelle Smith Jr.

Easy win for Ohio State, didn't even really work up a sweat in this one. Very tough opponets coming up though, they won't walk through the next 3 like they did today. I expect a lose in the house of spitters where Thad has yet to win a game even with some really dominate teams he has taken into the Kohl Center.

Will be there Saturday. Gonna be a tuff game for my Badgers. Was at the Indiana game Thur. night and they will need to play better as OSU is much tougher competition. Really hoping we just go inside and try getting Sullinger in foul trouble, but we will probably try to live and die on the three which will extremely piss me off.
    Fun game....died by the three. 14 straight misses at one ooint
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

one more thing....

ROCK. CHALK. JAYHAWK!!!

love Missouri tonight. don't think KU has enough for tonight's game.
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    [/quote]

Will be there Saturday. Gonna be a tuff game for my Badgers. Was at the Indiana game Thur. night and they will need to play better as OSU is much tougher competition. Really hoping we just go inside and try getting Sullinger in foul trouble, but we will probably try to live and die on the three which will extremely piss me off.[/quote]
    Fun game....died by the three. 14 straight misses at one ooint[/quote]

Yeah, the turnover with 1:30 seconds left when we were down 1 was a killer. Sullinger was a 1 man wrecking crew. Would really like to get the chance to ask Bo why he refused to go inside and get sullinger in foul trouble at all. Completely blows my mind why he didn't do that. WI has been so tuff at home in the past, and one of the main reasons why was getting to the free throw line. When you only attempt 3 free throws in a game you aren't going to win. Knew it was gonna be a long afternoon when Sullinger didn't have a single foul at half.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    We need a WIN tomorrow night! :!: :!: :!:
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options

What team is we?
  • Options
    Callaway wrote:

What team is we?

Duke...please don't hate, lol
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    Callaway wrote:

Why would hate, my Ohio State Buckeyes Sandusky'd them 2 months ago. I smile when I think of Duke. getsmiley.php?show=70

Thank goodness I didn't watch that game, y'all did stomp us :(
  • Options
    some great games tonight!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,664
    Callaway wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Callaway wrote:
    Jared Sullinger is about to bust out for the remainder of the season. I look for some 30 point 20 board games upcoming.

Homer call. He might get 30 on my Boilers, though. PU has no inside game.

I believe Sully is going to average around 11 boards this year and was only around 9.1 so I figured it was about time he started dominating on the glass. Also I think Jared is wanting the ball more and getting really focused, he left twitter and said he needs to get serious. Matta also said Jared needs to step up a little more. These reasons are why the call was made. I guess we will see, I could be way off but we will soon find out.

Too bad my Boilers couldn't pull out the win in Columbus, but Barlow tea-bagging Sullinger was a nice highlight:

sullinger-dunked-on-e1328676600543.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    ON WISCONSIN!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    Wisconsin whopped Ohio State! The Buckeyes are massively over-rated.....was over-rated I should say because I don't think anyone is rating them anymore. I personally think after they smashed Duke they thought their season was complete and a success, they had accomplished their mission. They haven't really played good against a good team since that game. The season has been over for the young Bucks for a couple weeks but now it's officially over on paper also. Than Matta has done a horrendous job coaching this year, what a terrible year of basketball by a team with about 6 future NBA players!
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Tar Heels.
  • Options
    Callaway wrote:
    Wisconsin whopped Ohio State! The Buckeyes are massively over-rated.....was over-rated I should say because I don't think anyone is rating them anymore. I personally think after they smashed Duke they thought their season was complete and a success, they had accomplished their mission. They haven't really played good against a good team since that game. The season has been over for the young Bucks for a couple weeks but now it's officially over on paper also. Than Matta has done a horrendous job coaching this year, what a terrible year of basketball by a team with about 6 future NBA players!

No one on Wisconsin's roster this year will even sniff the NBA. Just shows what a great coach and how underrated Bo Ryan is. Don't think there is a coach in America who get's more out of less than he does.
  • Options
    It was nice to see Ohio lose, no offense. Everyone brings their BEST game against Duke for some reason that I don't seem to understand 8-)
    Tar Heels????? BLECH... ;)
    DUKE won AGAIN!!! Against the THUGS I know but still, we WON!!! YAY!
  • Options
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!

8 Big 12 titles in a row!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pureoc wrote:
    No one on Wisconsin's roster this year will even sniff the NBA.

No duh, which shows what an assfull job Thad Matta has done with this OSU team. He threw the entire team out of practice the Saturday before the Wiscy game.......too late now Thad, you lost them a month ago.
  • Options
    Another win, thank you DUKE!
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    God bless championship week. More exciting than the NCAA Tournament.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    NOVA!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Well, all I can say is I knew it was coming last Saturday and in a way it wasn't such a bad thing because if we have to face them again in the tournament, it's IMPOSSIBLE to beat a team three times so I'd rather have lost that one. LET'S GO DUKE!!!

Oh and GTHC!
  • Options
    Doris Burke should work for the WWE. She's great at putting subpar talent "over".