15678911»

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    and the saga continues........
    ..Baltimore woman's silence fuels doubts about lottery claim
    By Alice Popovici

BALTIMORE (Reuters) -
    Mirlande Wilson, 37, arrived at her lawyer's office nearly an hour late dressed in a stretchy pink shirt, Capri pants and a baseball cap emblazoned with a cartoon pig and the words "Sweet Swine."

WTH??!!! :lol::lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Lizard wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    By Alice Popovici

BALTIMORE (Reuters) -
    Mirlande Wilson, 37, arrived at her lawyer's office nearly an hour late dressed in a stretchy pink shirt, Capri pants and a baseball cap emblazoned with a cartoon pig and the words "Sweet Swine."

:lol:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lizard wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    By Alice Popovici

BALTIMORE (Reuters) -

MirlandeWilson3_20120404171735_320_240.JPG

klazzy
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    norm wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

klazzy

I think you're in love norm....... ;)
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

what's not to love? :lol: :shock:
    norm wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

well, would you? I mean for 1/3 of $640M after taxes, would you?
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

well, marry her then divorce her and take half of it maybe...not sure if i could get through the consummation of the marriage tho :problem:
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    norm wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    norm wrote:

well, marry her then divorce her and take half of it maybe...not sure if i could get through the consummation of the marriage tho :problem:

how about close but no cigar?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    how about close but no cigar?

:sick:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:

it's official, she is a clown. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

she didn't have a winning ticket afterall?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

shocking i know.

2 teachers and a school admin shared the east coast ticket
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

shocking i know.

wtf

someone should slap the piss out of her for being stupid and wasting others' time

if i were that lawyer i'd bill her several hundreds of dollars if not more, for wasting my precious time as well as all my assisstance in my building

then i'd challenge her to a wwf style wrestling match where i'd jump off my leather couch and slam my elbow into her stupid gut and dumb head
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    The other employees at that McDonald's should be allowed to stick her head in the fryer. Each employee gets to give her a 30-second dunk and then they can cover her face with salt and kick her to the curb.
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:

shocking i know.

Wow, what a big surprise :roll: I guess she thinks she got her 15 minutes of fame.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    norm wrote:

klazzy

huh? what do you mean I didn't win?!?
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    What's funny about this is that the 3 winners knew they won from the beginning. I wonder how hard they were laughing at that idiot when she held her press conference at her lawyer's office.
    Retired Illinois couple share $656M lottery jackpot
    By Douglas Stanglin, USA TODAY

A retired computer systems designer and his wife, a computer programmer, today claimed the final share of the March 3 $656 million Mega Millions lottery.

Merle, 65, and Pat Butler, 62, claimed their check for $218.6 million, before taxes, at the Red Bud Village Hall in the small southern Illinois town of Red Bud. The winning ticket was sold at a nearby Motomart in the town of 6,000 people.

"We've been thinking of ways we can invest it," Merle said. "We have some real good financial advisers and an attorney. We're getting ready for the transfer. … Over the next few months, we're going to start setting up different things we can use it for … possibly a vacation."

In the meantime, he said the couple was busy working out the details of how they would receive the large sum.

"It's a full time job," Merle Butler said of the preparations. "It's a bit of work to set this all up."

When reached by phone shortly after the news conference, Merle Butler told USA TODAY reporter Yamiche Alcindor that the couple did not wish to comment further. "I'm sorry, we're not doing anything today," he said.

Three Maryland public school employees, who dubbed themselves "The Three Amigos," shared one of three winning tickets for the March 3 drawing but chose to remain anonymous, as did a winner in Kansas.

Update at 11:41 a.m. ET: Butler describes managing the money as a full-time job right now, and laughs: "I'm not looking for sympathy," adding: "There could possibly be a vacation."

Update at 11:36 a.m. ET: When one reporter asked Merle whether they were going to move from Red Bud, he looked puzzled and said, "We really enjoy living here. We've lived here a long time."

Update at 11:32 am. ET: After taxes on a lump-sum payment of $218.6 million, the Butlers will take home $158 million.

Update at 11:30 a.m. ET: Scores of local residents were on hand at City Hall for the ceremonies, the Chicago Tribune reports, and sent up a loud cheer outside when the winner was announced.

Update at 11:28 a.m. ET: The couple bought a $3 quick-pick ticket at the MotoMart convenience store in Red Bud, which is about 40 miles southeast of St. Louis.

Update at 11:24 a.m. ET: "We've been thinking of ways we can invest it," Butler says.

Update at 11:18 a.m. ET: Butler says the couple has a "real good set of financial advisers" and waited three weeks to step forward in order to get their plans in order first.

Update at 11:12 a.m. ET: "We spent the rest of the night going down to our computer to check the news and see how many winners there were," he says.

Update at 11:10 am. ET: Merle Butler, a retiree, says he was watching TV when he heard the result of the drawing. He checked each number, then told his wife, Pat, "We won."

"She kind of looked at me funny, and I said, 'no we won,' and she started giggling," he says. "She giggled for abour four hours, I think," he says.

Update at 11:07 a.m. ET: A couple from the small southern Illinois town of Red Bud has stepped foward as the final winner in the $265 million Mega Million jackpoet.

Earl and Pat Butler received a check for $218.6 million. That's before taxes -- 25% federal, 5% state.

It represents one-third of the big Mega Millions jackpot.

The winners of two other tickets -- one in Maryland and one in Kansas -- have already been paid, but they preferred to remain anonymous.

Lottery rules in Illinois, however, require the winner to be named -- and to appear at a one-time news conference -- to assure other players that prizes are indeed paid out.

The winner appeared at a news conference at the Red Bud Village Hall, near the Motomart where the winning ticket was bought for the March 3 drawing.

Original post: But the rules for the Illinois lottery require that the winner's name be made public and that the person attend a one-time news conference, to assure other players that prizes are indeed paid out.

BLOG: Md. winners hide their faces

The winner from Red Bud will get a check for $218.6 million. That's before taxes -- 25% federal, 5% state.

The ceremony will be held at the Red Bud Village Hall, near the Motomart where the winning ticket was sold.
    only 185M the other day when i bought....yes, i believe i will be able to live on that.

i look forward to helping others with my new found richs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg