MEGA MILLIONS ..$ 640 mil 3/30/12

Comments

• prismprism Posts: 2,440
    edited March 2012
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    norm wrote:

Sweet Jesus. I wouldn't even know what to do with all of that. But I'm sure I'll figure it out. :mrgreen:

oh my. Washington: No State Tax on Lottery Prizes!
    Your net payout: $346,500,000

don't know what i'd do with that much either. still it's fun to dream :o

i spent $3 for my tix at a lil corner store (as if i'd win anything) can't see some chain store getting a piece of it

my daughter works in a grocery store that has the only lotto machine at customer service. she's had to run it the last few days....
    there's idjits that hand her a $50 bill and want 50 seperate tickets (that have to punched in 1 @ a time.) some that want their own #'s but don't know how to fill out the card and tell her their #s expecting her to do it for them...ppl bitching @ her because the lotto machine is so slow (derrr...do they think maybe it's slow because everyone in the f'n universe is buy tickets right now?) all that with a big line of ppl waiting behind them :roll: if no one i know wins, hope at least a tix she sold does...she gets a teeny-tiny cut
    Post edited by prism on
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    If I win I'll foot the bill for everyones tickets to PJ21 ;)
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    Callaway wrote:

will there still be a lottery for rows 1-2 & 9-10 or will it be strickly by senority? :P
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Callaway wrote:

quoted for posterity!

I'm still waiting for my $10k from the guy on the porch that promised everybody PJ would open with Jeremy @ PJ20
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i would live in a 30,000 dollar home with a leaky roof. the grass would need mowed all the time. tent spot would kill the grass, then move to new spot, kill grass, repeat across yard all summer and firepits. i would park $500 brown and white station wagons and 4x4 trucks in the yard. bull mastiffs would be running amok eating whole roasts and turkeys
    Bullmastiff16montholdbrindledoodoo.JPG
    i would buy a soccer ball and a piece of heavy equipment and some grass and a road
    i'd have chickens and things
    http://youtu.be/m-OasV9LCxE
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Looks like I'll be going into the office on Monday after all. :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I won. PJ21 at my house.

drums-farfisa-in-backyard.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    looks like nobody won. $970 million
    I miss igotid88
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    igotid88 wrote:
    Really? Wow!!!

That's awesome, I didn't want 640 million anyways....if its not a cool billion, it ain't worth it! :D
  • igotid88 wrote:

They are reporting in CA that nobody has won the jackpot but 29 people in CA have 5 numbers. You have to be kidding me!
    i guess someone in Maryland won.
    I miss igotid88
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I bought 51 tickets

1 had 3 numbers
    2 had no numbers and the mega number

looks like I collect a total of $11. woohoo!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    igotid88 wrote:
    F Maryland! Jerks!!!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    mca47 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    F Maryland! Jerks!!!

Hopefully it was John Water who won....he can make some freaky-ass movies with that sort of dough!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    50 bucks and i got not a nickel back..amazing

i heard someone won???
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    50 bucks and i got not a nickel back..amazing

i heard someone won???
    Nickelback sucks..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    yep...One person won it ALL in Baltimore

I hope it was Bubbles
    aqo2t.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Congratulations!... Six $250,000 winners here in GA ...
    that would help immensely!
    3 winners
    I miss igotid88
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I won!!!!!

7 bucks ;)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    StillHere wrote:
    I won!!!!!

7 bucks ;)

So when's the free 10club PJ show happening? And where's my balloon?? :lol::lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    dougfloyd wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    I won!!!!!

7 bucks ;)

So when's the free 10club PJ show happening? And where's my balloon?? :lol::lol:

Oh no worries its still on...........

with a slight change of plans but you're still gonna love it!

PJ21 is STILL ON and STILL in my back yard

and EVERYONE is STILL invited

only the address has changed

to

http://www.youtube.com/user/PearlJamOfficial

FREE BALLOONS with SASE

wooohooooooooO!!!!!

:mrgreen:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    pjradio wrote:
    yep...One person won it ALL in Baltimore

I hope it was Bubbles

:lol::lol::lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Now that it's only $12m, is it really worth it to play? seems so tiny now
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    ill take 4 mill cash
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    ill take 4 mill cash

exactly. that is why I try to play each week, just one ticket, whether its 12 or 640 m. And I would be ok with winning 250k too.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    ill take 4 mill cash

exactly. that is why I try to play each week, just one ticket, whether its 12 or 640 m. And I would be ok with winning 250k too.

i have the same set of numbers for every drawing $ 5

one day////it will be mine
    something smells Filet-O-Fishy..........

..Mega Millions winner says ticket still hidden inside Baltimore McDonald’s
    .By Eric Pfeiffer
    .PostsRSS .By Eric Pfeiffer | The Sideshow – 1 hr 7 mins ago....Email
    Share1Print.....
    One of the three Mega Millions jackpot winners says her winning ticket remains stashed away inside the Baltimore McDonald's where she works. But some of Marlinde Wilson's co-workers think she is telling a Big Lie.

"I left my ticket there, and it's somewhere safe that only I know about," Wilson told the New York Post. "I'm waiting for things to calm down so I can go back to McDonald's and get it. The people [at McDonald's] are too excited. I want their heads to cool down before I go back."

Wilson claims to have purchased one of the three winning Mega Millions lottery tickets. The three winners will each receive a share of the record-breaking $640 million jackpot. If Wilson's story is true, that would mean a $105 million ticket (after taxes) is stashed away somewhere inside the fast food restaurant.

Wilson's co-workers appear to be split in their opinion of her but all who have spoken to the media seem to share some animosity toward the Haiti native. Some of Wilson's colleagues say she is attempting to cheat them out of what should be shared winnings from a pool of lotto tickets 14 of the McDonald's employees purchased together.

And Wilson's manager, identified only as "Layla" by the Post, says she thinks Wilson isn't telling the truth about hiding the ticket inside the McDonald's. "That's impossible. She didn't come back here" after she purchased the ticket, Layla said.

CBS News has also raised questions about whether or not Wilson actually purchased one of the three winning tickets. Mega Millions officials say they do not know who actually purchased the ticket. They have only been able to confirm that the winning ticket was in fact purchased at a Baltimore 7-Eleven just four hours before the winning numbers were announced.

The Post also raises some question's about Wilson's character, noting she has a Facebook page under the alias Sheila Paraison, on which she says she will donate her winnings to relief efforts in Haiti.
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    something smells Filet-O-Fishy..........

WTF? That doesn't make any sense... If I won my lottery ticket would never be out of my sight for even a second.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    and the saga continues........

..Baltimore woman's silence fuels doubts about lottery claim
    By Alice Popovici

BALTIMORE (Reuters) - A Baltimore woman who says she holds one of three winning tickets in the record $656 million lottery held her own news conference on Wednesday but declined to answer questions or produce any proof of the winning ticket -- fueling doubts about her bizarre story.

Mirlande Wilson, 37, arrived at her lawyer's office nearly an hour late dressed in a stretchy pink shirt, Capri pants and a baseball cap emblazoned with a cartoon pig and the words "Sweet Swine."

Wilson sat silently - sometimes fiddling with her cell phone - while her lawyer pleaded with the media to let his client return to a "normal life" and deflected questions surrounding her bizarre story about winning the Mega Millions jackpot.

Wilson has yet to produce the ticket, and even her attorney said he has no visible proof of the ticket.

Lottery officials have said three winning tickets were sold in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland but no one has produced a winning ticket yet.

"I have not seen it," said her lawyer, Edward Smith, Jr. "In fact, I don't think I want to see it until the lottery people have it in their hot little hands."

He said Wilson showed up late because she had gone to her physician due to "all of the pressure that she's experienced over the last couple of days."

He would not answer questions about her background, but said she is originally from a village in Haiti.

Maryland Lottery Director Stephen Martino announced plans to hold his own press conference on Thursday to discuss the winning ticket, sold last Friday at a 7-Eleven store in Baltimore County. A statement said Martino would address the "status of the winning ticket" as well as the claiming process.

He will undoubtedly be asked about Wilson, who first came to the public's notice this week in a New York Post story.

Wilson told the newspaper that she was part of a pool with her co-workers at a McDonald's just down the road from the 7-Eleven, but that the winning ticket was bought separately and she would not share the prize.

Her story, while raising a number of questions, has drawn a swarm of media to her neighborhood and her workplace, where she may (or may not) have hidden the ticket.

Birul Desai, who owns the McDonald's franchise where she worked, got into the act on Wednesday and issued his own statement about the whereabouts of the winning ticket.

"Recent media reports are now claiming that a manager at my McDonald's restaurant hid the alleged winning ticket somewhere on restaurant property," he said. "I have absolutely no evidence to support these claims."

Should the winning ticket be found among the Happy Meals -- or anywhere else -- its owner would be entitled to a third of the record-setting jackpot. Depending on which payout option they choose, winners can take a one-time payment of about $105.1 million, or payments of about $5.6 million a year spread out over 26 years.