Milwaukee Brewers + Zack Greinke = Awesome!!

124»

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,987
    Here's my problem - you keep splitting the city up into Phillies fans, and Eagles fans. It doesn't work that way for me. There isn't such thing as two different kinds of people.
    The Fixer wrote:
    When did the Eagles suck in the 90s? I'm talking consistently bad here - 1998, and 1999. How did they suck in the 90s?

you're right, they weren't bad for the entire decade...just the last few years. and the fans continued to support them.

Did I not mention the blackouts?
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Here's my problem - you keep splitting the city up into Phillies fans, and Eagles fans. It doesn't work that way for me. There isn't such thing as two different kinds of people.

that's kind of my point. prior to '08, there were tons of people here that were eagles fans and didn't give 2 fucks about baseball. now everyone is a 'die hard phillies fan'.

doesn't look like we are gonna agree. You think philly is a great baseball city and I don't.

I guess we should give this thread back to the brewers fans
    The Fixer wrote:

that's kind of my point. prior to '08, there were tons of people here that were eagles fans and didn't give 2 fucks about baseball. now everyone is a 'die hard phillies fan'.

doesn't look like we are gonna agree. You think philly is a great baseball city and I don't.

Ah, well. I just think you're bitter that people who you don't like are raining on your little part of South Philly that you thought would be just for you. And it kills you to see these douches in the stands.

I cannot disagree that we can both take over a thread. Hey, RW, NOW your point has been made.
  • HEY THIS ISN'T A PHILLY THREAD. LOL
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

Ah, well. I just think you're bitter that people who you don't like are raining on your little part of South Philly that you thought would be just for you. And it kills you to see these douches in the stands.

I cannot disagree that we can both take over a thread. Hey, RW, NOW your point has been made.

What can I say? philly fans annoy me...especially the bandwagon hoppers that kid themselves into thinking they are real fans. There, I admit it.
    edited December 2010
    The Fixer wrote:
    What can I say? philly fans annoy me...especially the bandwagon hoppers that kid themselves into thinking they are real fans. There, I admit it.

Haha. And that's all that needed to be said. Interestingly enough, myself being one, Philly fans definitely do not annoy me. Weird.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    HEY THIS ISN'T A PHILLY THREAD. LOL

Almost lost in the muck....here, you can have it back... :wave:

Almost lost in the muck....here, you can have it back... :wave:

thank you :)
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    A. I woke up and remembered that I forgot Temple in the post (which is a big forget considering they have the most D1 wins or something).

B. I wasn't comparing B'More and Philly basketball, I was just saying that Baltimore has a chance to emulate Philly basketball but doesn't. D.C. for that matter as well. If you want to discount G'Town and UMD as D.C. teams, then you could have Towson/Coppin/Morgan/Loyola, and GTown/Howard/UMD/GMU...I'm sure there's a 5th in each that's being left out. Either way the D.C. teams would stack up well with the Philly teams, but they don't have a "thing" against one another that people really get excited about - it's a bummer.

GM isn't really DC is it? GW is. Is howard even D-1??

the baltimore schools are just plain awful
    You're right about GW, as for GMU I think some of it's 5 campuses are in D.C. (one is way the eff out there though) and you can get to the main campus via the D.C. metro. So G-Town, UMD, GW, GMU, and Howard/American (do they have a D-1 school bball program). G-Town-Nova, UMD-Temple, GW-St. Joe's, GMU-La Salle, and Howard-Penn is pretty competitive.

To answer your question Howard is D-1 but they go like 1-24 every year, suspend players for taking improper funds, and kick white players off their team for being "too creative and flamboyent". My friend is writing his dissertation on that place its contradictions are astounding - starting with homecoming.
    P.S. Go Brewers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,595
    The Fixer wrote:

I never said it wasn't a football town.

And numbers don't lie - the leading ratings for all sports media(CSN, sports radio, merchandise, etc) in this city since '08 has been the Phils.

And this has been a "football town" - in your concept of the term - since Buddy. When they consistently starting winning. And who started it? Vermeil and his Super Bowl appearance. No one gave a flying fuck about the Birds compared to the Phils prior to then. There's a reason 2 million people showed up to a Flyers parade.

the merchandise crap is all because the team has been winning. the majority of phils fans will go away after this era of phillies baseball has ended (which might not be a bad thing...going to games last year was painful at times).

the eagles will always sell out and run this town. no matter how bad that team is, people will always show their support. the same can't be said for the phillies.

Again, there were blackouts in 1998. Only 12 years ago, so that's not true. It comes down to winning. You think these Phillies fans just appeared out of no where? I can tell you of people who haven't been to a game in 20 years but can name you the shitty teams of the 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s. The point is it comes down to winning. I just think I'm talking to the wrong guy about this stuff because you already have a predisposed image of a "phillies fan" of today as well as the city as a majority(read:south jersey) when it comes to eagles fan behavior, aka a football mentality.

you know what constitutes a blackout jp? selling 55,000 seats instead of 60,000. when there was 1, maybe 2, eagles blackouts the phillies were getting 20,000 to their games. eagles were getting way more to attend bullshit preseason games than the phils were getting in '98. just sayin...

that said, people here LOVE their eagles as well as their phillies. i don't see the big deal. tis a football and a baseball town to me. god love it.
    www.myspace.com

you know what constitutes a blackout jp? selling 55,000 seats instead of 60,000. when there was 1, maybe 2, eagles blackouts the phillies were getting 20,000 to their games. eagles were getting way more to attend bullshit preseason games than the phils were getting in '98. just sayin...

that said, people here LOVE their eagles as well as their phillies. i don't see the big deal. tis a football and a baseball town to me. god love it.

I'm not into specifics, you're missing the entire point of what I'm saying. This is really not that hard.

I'm not into specifics, you're missing the entire point of what I'm saying. This is really not that hard.

no i think we actually agree with each other. i'm just pointing out that even during the eagles down years (which have been few in our lifetime), they still had a huge following.
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:
    chicago and NY are both baseball first towns. no doubt
    as someone who was born and raised and probably will die in ny, pathetic i know, i can honestly say that ny is a baseball town. do we love our hockey, yes we do, do we love our basketball, sure do, do we love our football, sure do, but baseball is our passion and we live and die for it. baseball is what creates heated family arguments here in ny. the back pages of the newspaper and sports radio made sucha big deal bout jeter saga you woulda thought the pope sinned. not comparing jeter to the pope but you get the point.

btw-i didn't go to my college classes the day after game 7 of the 06 nlcs cause i was so sad and didn't wanna get outta bed. that's how heartbroken i was.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    chicago and NY are both baseball first towns. no doubt
    as someone who was born and raised and probably will die in ny, pathetic i know, i can honestly say that ny is a baseball town. do we love our hockey, yes we do, do we love our basketball, sure do, do we love our football, sure do, but baseball is our passion and we live and die for it. baseball is what creates heated family arguments here in ny. the back pages of the newspaper and sports radio made sucha big deal bout jeter saga you woulda thought the pope sinned. not comparing jeter to the pope but you get the point.

btw-i didn't go to my college classes the day after game 7 of the 06 nlcs cause i was so sad and didn't wanna get outta bed. that's how heartbroken i was

i went awol for 2 days after the tampa loss
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

wait for it...merry fucking christmas to everyone...it'll be my last as a non-parent. Got fucking shitfaced for old times sake, and it has been worth it.

Thanks for at least trying to get this thread back on track!!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
    Finally we got everyone back, Hart hitting in the #2 spot, and all the pitchers through a rotation - this team is fun.