Milwaukee Brewers + Zack Greinke = Awesome!!

En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Posts: 3,647
What a great day for the Brewers!!

We gave up a ton to get him, but I am super excited even more than ever for the year ahead!!
Formerly Brew Crew Tix
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It's a good move for sure. :)

I'm waiting for a certain somebody to post a comment in here. lol
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hope you aren't waiting on me, cause i'm not posting in this thread.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    hope you aren't waiting on me, cause i'm not posting in this thread.

You win a nickel. LOL
    beat the shit out of the cubs :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    FUCKING AWESOME...Doug Melvin pulled the okie-doke on the Blue Jays too. They gave us Marcum for Lawrie because they thought that took us outta the Greinke sweepstakes, but not so fast my friends. Fucking Yo, Greinke, Marcum, Wolf, and the Narv-dog. I'm wondering if they'll go Greinke, Yo, Wolf, Marcum, Narveson to split up the lefties? When was the last time any of us woke up knowing that the Brewers staff was better than the Yankees? Like 1987 when we had Teddy Higuera and Chris Bosio? And we didn't give up that much...I mean Escobar's ceiling was Rey Ordonez, Jeffress is a dime bag away from being kicked out of baseball, the minor league pitcher might be something someday, and Cain is the only one I'm really sad to see go. Could use J.J. Hardy back as SS, but oh well.
  • RW81233 wrote:
    FUCKING AWESOME...Doug Melvin pulled the okie-doke on the Blue Jays too. They gave us Marcum for Lawrie because they thought that took us outta the Greinke sweepstakes, but not so fast my friends. Fucking Yo, Greinke, Marcum, Wolf, and the Narv-dog. I'm wondering if they'll go Greinke, Yo, Wolf, Marcum, Narveson to split up the lefties? When was the last time any of us woke up knowing that the Brewers staff was better than the Yankees? Like 1987 when we had Teddy Higuera and Chris Bosio? And we didn't give up that much...I mean Escobar's ceiling was Rey Ordonez, Jeffress is a dime bag away from being kicked out of baseball, the minor league pitcher might be something someday, and Cain is the only one I'm really sad to see go. Could use J.J. Hardy back as SS, but oh well.

Hey I remember you from past Brewer threads.

Hope 2011 is a better year then this yr was. Great pick up by the Crew. :D
    Hey...sorry your Pack couldn't have made this a perfect day. The cool thing about us is that unlike the Phiws and Giants we can HIT the shit outta the ball, and only gave up minor bats to get there. Our D will take a hit without Escobar as SS, but Gomez can catch anything out there in center and is a bit of a liability at the plate but with Braun, Fielder (for more than one year since everyone is signing firstbasemen?), Weeks (wants to stay), McGhee, and others this could be fun. Sucky thing is we have to play the Twins twice, Red Sox, Yanks on the road, and Rays at home, while the Cards get Greinke-less Royals for two series.
  • RW81233 wrote:
    Hey...sorry your Pack couldn't have made this a perfect day. The cool thing about us is that unlike the Phiws and Giants we can HIT the shit outta the ball, and only gave up minor bats to get there. Our D will take a hit without Escobar as SS, but Gomez can catch anything out there in center and is a bit of a liability at the plate but with Braun, Fielder (for more than one year since everyone is signing firstbasemen?), Weeks (wants to stay), McGhee, and others this could be fun. Sucky thing is we have to play the Twins twice, Red Sox, Yanks on the road, and Rays at home, while the Cards get Greinke-less Royals for two series.

i like how you think the brewers are a better hitting team than the phillies even though the phils outscore them EVERY year. the phils had a "bad" year at the plate last year and were 2 games away from the series. while the Brewers "hit the shit outta the ball" all the way to what, 77 wins? maybe 80? Gallardo and Greinke are nice but don't count on Wolfie he will break your heart. You guys still will have the second best rotation in your division (Cards) and at best the 3rd best in the NL (ahem: Halladay, Lee, Oswalt, Hamels)
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    RW81233 wrote:

AA was never gonna pay what you guys paid for greinke ... not that you guys overpaid but the jays aren't that close ...
    We scored 20 runs less than the Phillies last year, and yes it was a "down" year for you guys, but all your good players are 32+...post-steroid era that's not good.
    it'll make the central a little more interesting. if the brewers make the playoffs, they will get bounced before the WS.

i'll root for them tho.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    that's b/c the NL Central is a joke division. Don't the Brewers have the only win in the last 5 years or something in the playoffs?
  • RW81233 wrote:
    The Blue Jays weren't going to trade for Grienke. From what I read, the Blue Jays aren't willing to move a lot of their hitting prospects and that's what they wanted for him. Besides, they were asking for two guys that are probably going to be on the teams opening day line up in 2011 and a few more prospects.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    the phils are scared to death :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    How 'bout them Pirates....
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    EZ1221C wrote:

worst team in all of pro sports. even teh clippers have a winning record every 8 years or so.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    81 wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:

worst team in all of pro sports. even teh clippers have a winning record every 8 years or so.
    This year is going to be it. I can feel it. Pirates all the way. You heard it here first. :D
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    It's kinda funny that the Phils did not get the best Pitcher this offseason, and even though they have a better team they feel the need to get all petty about it. This, and their penchant for picking on the Mets (when that team did nothing to them), are what makes their fans so insufferable.
  • the phils are scared to death :lol:

I know...you would think they traded for Cy Young

:lol:

I'll take the Phils 4 pitchers
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • RW81233 wrote:
    It's kinda funny that the Phils did not get the best Pitcher this offseason, and even though they have a better team they feel the need to get all petty about it. This, and their penchant for picking on the Mets (when that team did nothing to them), are what makes their fans so insufferable.

Come on RW...you're the one who can't stay out of the Philly sports threads

You love Philly and its fans

• Man, the buzz at work today was really cool. We have sold so many extra 4-pack tickets, which makes for a really busy week, but I am really excited to see what this team can do in 2011.

The Phillies are still the much superior team. Obviously that pitching is insane, but that lineup is still really stacked even without Werth.

I am glad that the Phils are in another division. Would love to see a Phils vs Brewers NLCS in 2011, but the Brewers still have a ton to prove for sure.

Man, I love talking baseball in December!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
    Where in this thread has anyone taken a shot at the Phils pitching? I talked shit about their aging bats, but everyone knows that the Phils bats are old...it's only partially true but funny. Further we did get a Cy Young (and probably someone who performs better in the modern game than Cy Young) that we should be freaking happy about. 3 Opening Day starters from last year including 2 AL Opening Day starters is pretty damn good. Again Philly fans acting like spoiled little brats at Christmas thinking their once awesome gift got topped by a "less deserving" sibling or something. I don't get it? Did Yankee fans post in the Phils thread about how you think too highly of your team because you lucksacked into some pitcher because your GM did good work? You're team is freaking good, giving the Brewers and their fans attention is just weird. No one said this move is going to win the World Series, but we actually got a lot better.
    RW81233 wrote:

Come on RW...you're the one who can't stay out of the Philly sports threads

You love Philly and its fans
    that's fair...but mostly because i want to remind everyone that bitched about Vick that I, a lowly Cowboys fan, was right. i really like being right.
    Man, the buzz at work today was really cool. We have sold so many extra 4-pack tickets, which makes for a really busy week, but I am really excited to see what this team can do in 2011.

The Phillies are still the much superior team. Obviously that pitching is insane, but that lineup is still really stacked even without Werth.

I am glad that the Phils are in another division. Would love to see a Phils vs Brewers NLCS in 2011, but the Brewers still have a ton to prove for sure.

Having been to a game in Miller Park last year for the first time since I was 17 and at County Stadium I can say Milwaukee is a great baseball town when they put even a mediocre team on the field - can't imagine this year. There are plenty of good ball towns out there that just need a team to get behind...too bad it takes most teams luck and guile to get there and some just a wad of cold hard cash.
  • RW81233 wrote:
    Where in this thread has anyone taken a shot at the Phils pitching? I talked shit about their aging bats, but everyone knows that the Phils bats are old...it's only partially true but funny. Further we did get a Cy Young (and probably someone who performs better in the modern game than Cy Young) that we should be freaking happy about. 3 Opening Day starters from last year including 2 AL Opening Day starters is pretty damn good. Again Philly fans acting like spoiled little brats at Christmas thinking their once awesome gift got topped by a "less deserving" sibling or something. I don't get it? Did Yankee fans post in the Phils thread about how you think too highly of your team because you lucksacked into some pitcher because your GM did good work? You're team is freaking good, giving the Brewers and their fans attention is just weird. No one said this move is going to win the World Series, but we actually got a lot better.

Kudos to the Brewers...I have not seen Greinke pitch enough to really pass that critical judgment on him

The reason we (Phils fans) were so stoked is because we loved Cliff Lee and never wanted him to leave and the Phillies weren't even mentioned much at all about being in the bidding to get him back..then bam out of no where we got him. To add to it he thumbed his nose at NY which was awesome

I cant follow who the phuck you root for...Cowboys fan..Red Sox hat....Brewers fan ??

:wtf:

haha...alright Cowboys, Brewers, Pens, Mavs/Heat, Miami Hurricanes football, UConn basketball. Red Sox hat was a thing for my grandparent in-laws 60th anniversary in which I actually rooted for the Mets to win while wearing the hat. None of those teams make sense unless you grew up hating your home team (Syracuse, Yankees, Giants, Jets, Bills, Rangers) and only got national television games because your parents couldn't afford cable - nor did it reach us if they had the money. Super fraud all the way in Jeags terms, but I stuck with every team I chose except the NBA/NHL squads but I didn't like those sports till I got older and had reasons to choose them. For instance when I went on the Miller Park tour I was answering every damn trivia question about the Crew while "non-fraud" Brewer fans just stood there slack jawed and drunk. I do like passionate fan bases which is why I tease Boston and Philly fans, plus I know most of you bastards and bastardettes from going to PJ shows in those two cities.

Edit: Bill Simmons wrote about a person like me a few weeks ago when he talked about his daughter maybe liking the Lakers. My dad let me choose all my teams and I took the one's he hated, so my poor brother got stuck with the Bills.
  • RW81233 wrote:
    Man, the buzz at work today was really cool. We have sold so many extra 4-pack tickets, which makes for a really busy week, but I am really excited to see what this team can do in 2011.

Having been to a game in Miller Park last year for the first time since I was 17 and at County Stadium I can say Milwaukee is a great baseball town when they put even a mediocre team on the field - can't imagine this year. There are plenty of good ball towns out there that just need a team to get behind...too bad it takes most teams luck and guile to get there and some just a wad of cold hard cash.

I have actually only been to one game at Miller Park back in 06, but have been around the fan base in AZ during the spring. They are awesome fans. Man I keep getting more and more pumped for this season!! Nice to see all of the Brewers fans coming out on the PJ boards!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    RW81233 wrote:

I have actually only been to one game at Miller Park back in 06, but have been around the fan base in AZ during the spring. They are awesome fans. Man I keep getting more and more pumped for this season!! Nice to see all of the Brewers fans coming out on the PJ boards!
    I think there are three or four of us that post during the season. Going to a Brewer game is like a cross between a football game and a minor league game (sometimes including the play on the field). I've never seen a single regular season game treated like an event like in Milwaukee. Peeps get there two-three hours before the game, play cornhole, listen to music, get drunk, go to the game, and keep on tailgating. That was for two meaningless games against the Mets in late-May, early-June last year. I've been to many other stadiums and never seen anything like it, except for maybe Philly for a playoff game.
  • Congrats guys. I wish the Phils got him. We need a 5th starter. :lol:

Seriously, hope to see you guys in the playoffs. I've loved Wisconsin all 3 times I've been there, and Brewers games are a blast. Greinke will be great for the Brew Crew.

By the way, I don't understand why the Phils had to get bashed in this thread. I guess that's what bitter, loser Cowboys fans do. :P ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    RW81233 wrote:

I love when people say this. what makes a 'great baseball town'? I would say fan support. So why can't the brewers sell out more games?? They have been decent the last few years.