Christmas gift help!

124»

Comments

• PJGirl321 wrote:
    Definitely get her a gift...doesn't have to be anything too expensive, but a little token that shows you put some thought into it. Don't do the gift card - too impersonal and she'll know exactly what you spent. And I agree with others - dinner is something you're going to spring for when you're dating anyway. Personally I would love to get a little beaded jewelry box or a small crystal perfume bottle...a pretty little trinket but not too too personal. Although she might expect you to fill the jewelry box down the road :shock: :lol: Or if she likes to read or loves movies you could get her some books or DVDs in her genre of choice...shows that you pay attention to what she likes. Whatever you do...don't get an appliance...that never ends well. :| just saying :P

That's what I meant --- if you get her something related to what she likes to do...it shows you're paying attention. (Just not coffee. ;) )

While you're staying away from appliances - stay away from jerseys, too. The ex gave me a Rangers hockey jersey for my birthday. I don't even like hockey. :lolno:

why??? thats an awesome gift !!!!!!! :mrgreen:

My nephew loves it! He has it now.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i wonder if the scheduled the wedding today over birthday dinner
    im thinking so, can't wait to find out.

he's not been back. they might be on teh honeymoon today.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:

he's not been back. they might be on teh honeymoon today.

what happened? where is he? maybe his future mother in law ate him.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    a little beaded jewelry box or a small crystal perfume bottle...:P
    hmmm....that could work for me!
    I'm kinda in the same boat as LAO right now...a month into dating someone...and of course, I only meet people right before their birthday, or right before christmas. This one's special; her bday is Jan.6 :roll:
    She has a mass perfume collection...the crystal bottle and box could work (maybe a couple other little things)...now to figure out where to find such things...? :lol:
    hope she doesn't have one already, but I'm stumped and this gets my stamp of 'good enough' ;)
  • hmmm....that could work for me!
    I'm kinda in the same boat as LAO right now...a month into dating someone...and of course, I only meet people right before their birthday, or right before christmas. This one's special; her bday is Jan.6 :roll:
    She has a mass perfume collection...the crystal bottle and box could work (maybe a couple other little things)...now to figure out where to find such things...? :lol:
    hope she doesn't have one already, but I'm stumped and this gets my stamp of 'good enough' ;)
    I can always be counted on for good enough :lol: The absolute worst would be dating someone right before Valentine's Day! Don't do it!!! There are traps at every turn :lol: birthdays and Christmas can be easily negotiated. There are some small perfume bottles here, but you can probably find them at any department store. http://search.anthropologie.com/control ... e%20bottle
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    lol.. not quite.

I did meet the family Sunday. Being a latino family, I got kissed by every aunt and am in a bunch of family photos now. :shock: ..Her parents really warmed to me. The dad kept pouring me wine and shaking my hand, so at least I'm not hated. :lol:

I ended up getting her a scarf and nice stainless steel travel coffee mug and card.
    hmmm....that could work for me!
    I can always be counted on for good enough :lol: The absolute worst would be dating someone right before Valentine's Day! Don't do it!!! There are traps at every turn :lol: birthdays and Christmas can be easily negotiated. There are some small perfume bottles here, but you can probably find them at any department store. http://search.anthropologie.com/control ... e%20bottle
    Last year I started dating a girl one month before Valentines Day. Boy that was a disaster!.. There's a thread somewhere on here about that too, embarassling enough. :lol:

If I make it to Vday this time, it won't be so complicated. 8-)
  • Nice work! A scarf...dont beleive that's been suggested in the whole thread :thumbup:
    Glad to hear it went well!
    I'll be honest, this has been the most entertaining thread for me the last couple days :lol:
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • I can always be counted on for good enough :lol: The absolute worst would be dating someone right before Valentine's Day! Don't do it!!! There are traps at every turn :lol: birthdays and Christmas can be easily negotiated. There are some small perfume bottles here, but you can probably find them at any department store. http://search.anthropologie.com/control ... e%20bottle
    Last year I started dating a girl one month before Valentines Day. Boy that was a disaster!.. There's a thread somewhere on here about that too, embarassling enough. :lol:

I can't imagine that pressure :shock: Like when Ryan from the office accidentally asked Kelly out on Valentine's Day :o:lol: There's just no way to survive that.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"

your dating threads always end up like this

picardfacepalm.jpg

i don't think this is the official thread, but the fun starts in it.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=122670&p=2775460&hilit=+valentine#p2775460

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    don't know how i missed this thread the first time around

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=120980
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

LMAO!!!

This place is my diary. :lol:
    81 wrote:

"Yep.. she is drunk texting me now.. you have no idea. Have your phobias, she is worth it.. even if I just get a handshake out of the deal.. she is THAT HOT."

Hahahahahaaa!!!! I don't even remember typing that. Hilarious!

At least I got more than a hand shake. :lol:
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009

Priceless!
    VoidOfMan wrote:

Priceless!
    you need any dating advice? we aim to please
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Well, tonight's the night I give her the gift.. If she didn't get me anything, I hope I don't make her feel bad.

This could be awkward.. Wish me luck. 8-)
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Well, tonight's the night I give her her gift.. If she didn't get me anything, I hope I don't make her feel bad.

This could be awkward.. Wish me luck. 8-)

you know what... last weekend i received an unexpected gift from someone. i had no intentions of buying this person a gift and i feel no obligation to reciprocate now. but then again guilt is not an emotion i entertain. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    She loved it.. wore it on the way out of the restaurant..

And she did get me something.. A vintage Star Wars t-shirt.. I'm in love. :D
  • She loved it.. wore it on the way out of the restaurant..

Sounds like ya found a keeper!!!!!

Merry Christmas my friend....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    She loved it.. wore it on the way out of the restaurant..

Sounds like ya found a keeper!!!!!

Merry Christmas my friend....
    Fingers crossed..

Merry Christmas, Speedy!
    love is in the air...
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Glad you had a happy ending, LikeAnOcean!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lizard wrote:

:shock:

that must have been a great present! ;):lol::lol:
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    :o
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    iluvcats wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Quoted for the win.
    if you get married, will you have a pearl jam themed reception?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    if you get married, will you have a pearl jam themed reception?
    oh god.. Not thinking that far ahead, but probably not. Maybe a song or two, but I'm not a fan of weddings. I'd rather just sign the paperwork. I'd leave all the decision making to the significant other on the matter. 8-)
    81 wrote:
    VoidOfMan wrote:

Priceless!
    you need any dating advice? we aim to please

Didn't see this reply before, I think I'm good on dating advice. Married with a daughter. ;)

And we played Hard Sun as our first song together after we were pronounced husband and wife walking back up the aisle.