Christmas gift help!

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    OK, I'll assume she has a coffee maker.. and buy her a nice bag of coffee, xmas card, and dinner offer.. Is this ok with everyone? lol.

I'm not sure you're going to give her the impression that you like her very much with this gift but it seems like you've already decided and just wanted people to agree with you. :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    i'd be more concerned about meeting her family after 5 dates :think:

it's been discussed. :lol:

yeah i know but we gotta keep on him until wakes up :P :lol::lol:
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    justam wrote:
    OK, I'll assume she has a coffee maker.. and buy her a nice bag of coffee, xmas card, and dinner offer.. Is this ok with everyone? lol.

I'm not sure you're going to give her the impression that you like her very much with this gift but it seems like you've already decided and just wanted people to agree with you. :?
    So what's your opinion? Every seems to have a different one!

What is wrong with dinner, card, and coffee for someone I just met?
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Nah, all jokes aside, just get her some flowers and chocolate like Justam said because you'll set a precedent then. You did the right thing and got her something but your not gonna look like a complete deperate nut job by getting her anything too expensive.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

ah, crap..

dick in a box it is. 8-)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    show her that you know what coffee is all about and her her some kopi luwak

this is why you never start dating somebody between labor day and new years day. way too much pressure this time of year.

but seriously, a coffee press can be had for cheap to go with a decent bean. 30 bucks for the two. don't put a dinner invite in teh card. just say something sweet and christmas'y. you don't ask people out on a card.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Actually, justam's gift sounded really good also. You really can't go wrong with flowers and chocolate.
    Actually, justam's gift sounded really good also. You really can't go wrong with flowers and chocolate.
    thats sooo generic though. Every girl likes those. How about I get her something she specifically likes?

Save the flowers for valentines day. I don't need advise on that. I'm not getting her flowers.
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

if he hasn't learned by now what meeting the parents means, he isn't going to ever learn. :P

i'm 7+ years in and i've still not met her parents..........but they are dead, so i guess that doesn't count. :|
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Loulou wrote:
    Hey! I'm a girl!!! :lol::lol: The man in my pic is my hubby!
    I agree with you, if he doesn't get her something decent, she'll be really pissed off hey? Even if she does the whole "it's okay, I didn't need a present" She's lying! :D
    Loulou wrote:
    Nah, all jokes aside, just get her some flowers and chocolate like Justam said because you'll set a precedent then. You did the right thing and got her something but your not gonna look like a complete deperate nut job by getting her anything too expensive.

it's a fine line between decent and desperate nutjob :x :P :lol:
    Say something sweet and Christmasy????
    "Hey Sugar Plum, be my Ho Ho Ho" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 wrote:

this is why you never start dating somebody between labor day and new years day. way too much pressure this time of year.

but seriously, a coffee press can be had for cheap to go with a decent bean. 30 bucks for the two. don't put a dinner invite in teh card. just say something sweet and christmas'y. you don't ask people out on a card.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    oooh!!!! AN ORNAMENT Us girls go gaga over pretty, glittery, shiny ornaments!!! Have you seen any of those Pier 1 Import commercials lately? They're onto something there, dude. Glass blown ornaments preferrably--lots of glitter.
    I'm sure women love stuff like that, but she's going to question my sexuality if I buy her grandma gifts. :P
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited December 2010
    Actually, justam's gift sounded really good also. You really can't go wrong with flowers and chocolate.
    thats sooo generic though. Every girl likes those. How about I get her something she specifically likes?

Save the flowers for valentines day. I don't need advise on that. I'm not getting her flowers.

then go with coffee. :thumbup: chocolate coffee. ;);)

or you really can't go wrong with a big, fat Christmas mug and some hot chocolate packets inside with a candy cane sticking out. just sayin'. since she doesn't have a coffee maker...maybe. But that could be kind of treating her like a child? Hell I don't know, dude. lol.
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
    81 wrote:

It's not asking her out. It's meant to be a little joke. Just trying to be sweet.

Fuck, there really is no right answer to this and everyone I ask has a different opinion. I'll just have to do what I feel is right.
    oooh!!!! AN ORNAMENT Us girls go gaga over pretty, glittery, shiny ornaments!!! Have you seen any of those Pier 1 Import commercials lately? They're onto something there, dude. Glass blown ornaments preferrably--lots of glitter.
    I'm sure women love stuff like that, but she's going to question my sexuality if I buy her grandma gifts. :P
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap::clap:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    "Hey Sugar Plum, be my Ho Ho Ho" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 wrote:

i like it. :P

just sayin, you don't put a dinner invite in a card. that's lame.

i could ask the gf for some old cards that i gave her to see what i wrote.

maybe....

i'll have to send santa a thank you note for bringing my present early this year. merry christmas
    -ocean
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dude, cheap but thoughtful. if you insist on going this coffee route, buy some Cafe Dumond coffee beans online with a bag of begneit mix or something. could be your first breakfast after you get lucky ;)
    may have to rush shipping though. it'll cost ya $30. good luck :)
    We were but stones your light made us stars

Yeah. Can't do anything that girls actually LIKE. :roll:

When we were dating, my husband was the master of buying gifts. They weren't expensive (because we were students) but he'd always get something sweet. Flowers, plants, little French pastries, chocolate, tea, lotion...stuff that girls actually like...

:mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • peppermint, candy-cane candle is nice. any candle in general is nice...and setting the stage for romance.
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    48 oz. tube of Anal Ease :o
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

justam wrote:
    lotion...
    :mrgreen:

Sex Zombie chick says lotion is bad. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dude, cheap but thoughtful. if you insist on going this coffee route, buy some Cafe Dumond coffee beans online with a bag of begneit mix or something. could be your first breakfast after you get lucky ;)
    may have to rush shipping though. it'll cost ya $30. good luck :)
    I'm not ordering anything online..

Can anyone recommend where to buy coffee?
    peppermint, candy-cane candle is nice. any candle in general is nice...and setting the stage for romance.

good call...candles are always welcome.....just make sure it is coffee or chocolate scented.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    klusterfuk wrote:
    48 oz. tube of Anal Ease :o

pair that with some Hickory Farms beefstick and you are set of the night.

whoa nelly :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    "Hey Sugar Plum, be my Ho Ho Ho" :lol::lol:

[/quote]

oh for shame! lol
    Yeah coz nothing says I love you like Beef Jerky :lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    Yeah coz nothing says I love you like Beef Jerky :lol:

LOL!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • TICKETS TO THE NUTCRACKER

so f%*king magical! expensive, yes--but it would leave a warm, lasting impression.
    " I saw this dried up old meat and thought of you"

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009