Options

This All Encompassing Trip - The Book *Back in stock*

Comments

• Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    It's tough to put this book down.
    I like that I can read a few chapters at night, then watch the videos on youtube to put some names with faces.
    Nice job.....
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    Hey Jason

Really good book. I bought three copies at Christmas and gifted all of them to PJ fans, includeing a gift for myself.

I really enjoy reading the chapters for the same shows I was lucky enough to attend. We actually met at the 06 Santa Barbara show, If I remember correctly I sat (stood) directly behind you with my 15 yo son.

So my question, do you still keep in touch with many of your Van mates?

Thanks again for putting togeather such a great read. Hope to run into you at one of the Canadian shows this year (if true)
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    my copy just arrived from Amazon today! Can't wait to dive in and live vicariously through you... :thumbup:
    love is all good people need....and music sets the sick ones free...
  • Options
    pjbizpjbiz Posts: 208
    If you're in the Netherlands, there will be a review on the book published in this month's edition of Musicmaker magazine.
    http://www.musicmaker.nl/
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    pjbiz wrote:
    If you're in the Netherlands, there will be a review on the book published in this month's edition of Musicmaker magazine.
    http://www.musicmaker.nl/
    nice Jason :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Guys, I've redesigned the website for the Canadian tour.
    check out the NEW site...
    http://thisallencompassingtrip.com/

Jason
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Can't get through to the Alpine Valley checkout?

Go to http://thisallencompassingtrip.com/ and pick up the book if you haven't done so already!

And while you're at it, go to www.ladieswholunch.bandcamp.com and pick up Ladies Who Lunch's hot new record 'Landscapes and Personal Spaces'!!!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    :thumbup:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    This book is a must read, I had a great time thanks again Jason for sharing your experience ;)
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,165
    Anyone have a copy of this book they'd be willing to lend me or sell for cheap? I would like to read it, but not bad enough to pay $22 for it.

Thanks
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Halfway through the Canadian tour and loving the book right now.

Congrats Jason. Looking forward to watching the videos on your site.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    There'll be books on sale at PJ20 Friday preparty. And if I can help it along, in Montreal and Ottawa too.

Savings on postage!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Thanks guys, see you all at Alpine Valley and Canada!
    Jason
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,165
    Okay, no one wants to lend out their copy... how about plans for a kindle edition?
  • Options
    Hi,
    Received my copy from Amazon UK the other day and have embarked on your adventure already. Decided I had to read the book in the run up to my own adventure travelling over from Scotland for the Alpine Valley festival .
    Thanks for this book. See ya in Wisconsin :D
  • Options
    Jed wrote:
    Okay, no one wants to lend out their copy... how about plans for a kindle edition?

Jed,
    Kindle version is available now. Check amazon.
    thanks
    Jason
  • Options
    Just so you guys know, this is the LAST DAY for you to order the book directly from me (until after the PJ tour). Also there are only 3 more days left to get your preorders in for the Touring Van tshirts. So if you wanna get either, get on it.

Book
    http://thisallencompassingtrip.com/shop ... rder-book/

Shirt
    http://thisallencompassingtrip.com/shop ... van-shirt/

thanks
    Jason
  • Options
    Just downloaded the Kindle version this week. Pretty cool so far, thanks for sharing Jason!
  • Options
    Bogey ManBogey Man Newfoundland Posts: 118
    A little over halfway through this book now. Great read so far. Really cool to read about the Pearl Jam shows in my hometown of St. John's, Newfoundland. Thanks for putting this together. However, it makes me wonder why I never joined the 10 club ten or twelve years ago.
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec 5/05/2016
    Ottawa 5/08/2016
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    I saw copies of the book available at the wishlist fundraisers in Toronto and decided to wait for Ottawa so I can buy a bunch of merchandise from there. Problem was, when I got to Ottawa, books were sold out...

;(

If I buy the kindle version, do i get the hardcover version too? (and vice versa?)
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    OkumOkum Vancouver, BC Posts: 231
    skanji32 wrote:
    I saw copies of the book available at the wishlist fundraisers in Toronto and decided to wait for Ottawa so I can buy a bunch of merchandise from there. Problem was, when I got to Ottawa, books were sold out...

;(

If I buy the kindle version, do i get the hardcover version too? (and vice versa?)

I have both
  • Options
    BergfallBergfall Posts: 115
    Am 1/3 through...and sorry, but this is a yaaaaawn of a book; how ever much of Pearl Jam, Canada or Hugs fan you are. It's a diary of a pretty boring guy having a semi-spiritual awakening, musing on the most basic stuff of life without bringing anything festive or new about it, while making acquaintances who are described as similar as cardboard....

Cant wait until someone a bit more rock 'n roll writes up his/her memories of perhaps a bit more than just a tour with Pearl Jam, but 20 years with Pearl Jam...

Sorry for being harsh, just wanted to point out that it's pretty blend literature, and a budding Pearl Jam'er in his tweens is better off reading "On the Road" ;-)
  • Options
    Ouch!
    Try touring a few shows with a gang that turns into friends, then read the book again.
  • Options
    For the people involved, must be a great diary; for the rest of us....it is not the blue-print of Pearl Jam-ification,
    in my experience...they tend to be a bit more involved
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    I know I'm in a minority here but this is possibly the worst written book I've ever read.

If this wasn't PJ related I'd have stopped after 10 pages at most but I waded through it hoping for something that made the investment worth it but nothing arrived.

I do admire the get up and go but I also imagine there are plenty of fans who would do the exact same thing if they had the money.

Whoever the publishers are it's a pretty safe investment if they know that there's a fanbase that will buy anything the band puts out.

Lastly,there are other words to describe food and drink other than tasty/delicious.

Waste of my time/money but good effort for writing it anyway.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    The book is back in stock at a special holiday price right now. Pick one up while you can and keep the reviews coming!
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    pjbiz wrote:
    The book is back in stock at a special holiday price right now. Pick one up while you can and keep the reviews coming!
    just picked it up via iBooks. Can't wait to read it on the ipad.
  • Options
    I remember when the Van Fans made it to Signal Hill.
    When stone kissed the fish.
    And Newfie Joe almost didn't make it to his seat for the show.

woop woop.
    twas fun fun fun.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    By the way, the books are back in stock for Europe as well. So they will be shipped to you from the UK, while North American orders will be shipped from the US!
    Jason
  • Options
    What is life on the road like for a rock star? Jason Leung is no rock star but he lives the life of one while following Pearl Jam on tour around the world.

Hahaaahahaaahaa......whomever wrote that bit on the books homepage must not have had much experience being a rock star ;-)