This All Encompassing Trip - The Book *Back in stock*

Comments

• Options
    edv78edv78 Posts: 31
    did you say Autograph??? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,315
    :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Started reading tonight. Made it through chapter 11, such a fun read. Highly recommend it so far!
    and love, what a different life had I not had this love with you.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,238
    bought the book for myself and am about halfway through. good read although i wish there was more about the shows themselves. Got to give Jason and the guys so much credit though for having the balls and the wherewithal to put the trip together and to go for it. At times wish i had that kind of balls and also the trust that things will work out. I guess being from the East we can get pretty hardened and untrusting of people. So cool that so many were so good to you guys along the way. Of course can also now understand why the lottery system was put into place for tickets. Loved reading about Camden and Philly and have to say you totally nailed the information about the area. Looking forward to the 2nd half of the book.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,249
    Really enjoyed reading the book, over the course of travelling around a couple of weeks to meet up with all those I travelled with other the summer, and it was a great read. Really made me wish for another tour very soon. An amazing adventure and so good of you to share it with us... going onto Amazon should be good, let us all know when it's up and I'm sure a few will post reviews.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    sophiesophie Posts: 13
    If you like book, check out the Behind the Van mockumentary in the middle of this page:

http://www.thisallencompassingtrip.com/ ... ed-videos/

It's hilarious!
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    pjhawks wrote:
    bought the book for myself and am about halfway through. good read although i wish there was more about the shows themselves. Got to give Jason and the guys so much credit though for having the balls and the wherewithal to put the trip together and to go for it. At times wish i had that kind of balls and also the trust that things will work out. I guess being from the East we can get pretty hardened and untrusting of people. So cool that so many were so good to you guys along the way. Of course can also now understand why the lottery system was put into place for tickets. Loved reading about Camden and Philly and have to say you totally nailed the information about the area. Looking forward to the 2nd half of the book.

Problem with talking more about the shows - the book would then extend to like 600 pages long, considering how many shows there are.

I personally find that it's quite hard to compare shows from one to the next. When I'm at a show, it's all so in-the-moment, there's bugger all time to make a mental note, especially if it's done as part of a stretch.

As you read on, you'll get more into the vibe that yeah, the shows make for the destination, but it's so so so much more about the journey.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    bump :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    I'm about half way through the book. Great read. It even mentions my hometown which I was suprised to read. Thanks Jason for taking the time to write this for all us crazy fans. You did what every one of us only dreams about.

Where can I get the DVD?
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    I'm having a great time reading this book too, I really enjoy it so far (I'm in chapter 20)

Thanks a lot Jason for sharing this great experience with us.

JP
  • Options
    Finished the book a little while ago ... first book I actually finished in a long time! A must read for every PJ fan!

I'm quite jealous of you Jason (in a good way :)), not even for this fantastic journey with all the adventures and shows you saw and people you've met, but for the fact that you (as it was said before) had the guts to actually go and do this ... many speak about it and dream about it (myself included 8-)) , very few actually do it!

And as for the fact that the shows weren't discussed as much, I thought it was actually brilliant how that corresponds with what was actually happening over the year. In the beginning of the book there's more emphasis on all the shows and as the story progresses, that emphasis shifts to everything that happens around it ... the community, precisely as you see it happening to Jason over the course of the year ... brilliant!

Well done Jason! When do we see part 2? :P
    "Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change"
    (Arnhem 2006 - Antwerpen 2006 - Verona 2006 - Düsseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam II 2012 - Berlin 2012 - EV Amsterdam I 2012)
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    Picked this up the other day - had a quick flick through, looks great.

What an adventure, hope the band get to read it.
    PJ - Wembley Arena, 28 Oct 96
    PJ - Wembley Arena, 29 May 00
    PJ - Wembley Arena, 30 May 00
    PJ - Cardiff International Arena, 06 June 00
    PJ - Wembley Arena, 18 Jun 07
    PJ - O2 London, 18 Aug 09
    PJ - O2 Dublin, 22 Jun 10
    EV - Hammersmith Apollo, 30 Jul 12
    EV - Hammersmith Apollo, 31 Jul 12
    PJ - Leeds First Direct Arena, 08 Jul 14
    PJ - Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 Jul 14
    EV - Hammersmith Apollo, 06 Jun 17
    EV - Hammersmith Apollo, 07 Jun 17
    PJ - O2 Arena, London, 18 Jun 18
    PJ - O2 Arena, London, 19 Jun 18
    PJ - O2 Arena, London, 17 Jul 18
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    CFOX INTERVIEW WITH JASON LEUNG - http://www.thisallencompassingtrip.com/ ... ok-events/
    On Thursday, January 6, Jason Leung co-hosted the 90s at Noon show with Neil Morrison on Vancouver’s #1 rock radio station 99.3 The Fox.

If you missed it the first time around, you can hear the audio by clicking the link below:
    http://www.thisallencompassingtrip.com/ ... 20Only.mp3
  • Options
    :D bump
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    CFOX INTERVIEW WITH JASON LEUNG - http://www.thisallencompassingtrip.com/ ... ok-events/
    On Thursday, January 6, Jason Leung co-hosted the 90s at Noon show with Neil Morrison on Vancouver’s #1 rock radio station 99.3 The Fox.

If you missed it the first time around, you can hear the audio by clicking the link below:
    http://www.thisallencompassingtrip.com/ ... 20Only.mp3

good heads up! thanks
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    BUY THIS BOOK
  • Options
    exactly, right?!!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    BUY THIS BOOK

BUY IT FOR ME!!

thanks.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,780
    So fucking awesome. I remember seeing the guys and the van in Camden one year. What a trip indeed.
  • Options
    pjbizpjbiz Posts: 208
    I posted a writeup and some photos on my blog from the Easy Street Book Signing. Check it out
    http://www.thisallencompassingtrip.com/1/blog/

And there is also a writeup about the event on TwoFeetThick
    http://www.twofeetthick.com/2011/01/lif ... and-greet/

Jason
  • Options
    pjbiz wrote:
    I posted a writeup and some photos on my blog from the Easy Street Book Signing. Check it out
    http://www.thisallencompassingtrip.com/1/blog/

And there is also a writeup about the event on TwoFeetThick
    http://www.twofeetthick.com/2011/01/lif ... and-greet/

Jason

cool man, diggin it!

• Options
    Great work Jason, the book is amazing! I do like how in the trailer I'm either half asleep in the back of the van or making a complete ass of myself ("I'm going to Disneyland!!!"). I'd say you captured me in a nutshell there lol.
  • Options
    bump :)
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Lizard wrote:
    BUY THIS BOOK

BUY IT FOR ME!!

thanks.

:lol:
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Actually got round to ordering. Looking forward to receiving it. :D
  • Options
    pjbizpjbiz Posts: 208
    Great work Jason, the book is amazing! I do like how in the trailer I'm either half asleep in the back of the van or making a complete ass of myself ("I'm going to Disneyland!!!"). I'd say you captured me in a nutshell there lol.

Yes that was all the footage I have of you haha.
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Got my book today - very fast delivery. Looking forward to reading it :D
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:
    Got my book today - very fast delivery. Looking forward to reading it :D

oh my goodness i cant wait for you to start reading this! youre gonna love this thing