Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES AUSTRALIAN SOLO TOUR

Comments

• Options
    Let's face it...Eddie just wanted to take a surfing vacation! :lol::lol::lol:
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    And you can probably hitch hike to Canberra. Someone will pick you up along the Hume Highway I'm sure... :shock:
  • Options
    Let's face it...Eddie just wanted to take a surfing vacation! :lol::lol::lol:
    :lol::lol:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    zenith wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    virgin - flights to newie from canberra are up about $150

throw in for petrol, and promise your not a serial killer, and you might get a seat, depending on if miss ziggy pulling her butt into gear or not 8-)

Hey! Give a girl a chance....I've got people to organise....decisions to make. You'll know by tonight....or maybe the morning.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I can feel.... I can feel.... I can feel.....

Acoustic Unthought Known being a staple at these gigs.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    pjfan31 wrote:

That was played on a TV show called Castle the other night.
  • Options
    you lucky buggers! I'm so jealous! I doubt he'll EVER do a solo tour of Canada!! enjoy!!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    pjfan31 wrote:

+1
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

throw in for petrol, and promise your not a serial killer, and you might get a seat, depending on if miss ziggy pulling her butt into gear or not 8-)

Hey! Give a girl a chance....I've got people to organise....decisions to make. You'll know by tonight....or maybe the morning.

Ohhh.. I want to go to Sydney show too now. The State Theatre is such a beautiful venue. I saw Midnight Oil there once.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pjfan31 wrote:

yeah but you had a feeling australia would beat england in the first test.. so im not listening to you anymore. :P :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Ohhh.. I want to go to Sydney show too now. The State Theatre is such a beautiful venue. I saw Midnight Oil there once.

OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I'm planning on going to the Brisbane shows because im going to stay with my mate , i would like to go to 3 or 4 shows, where do you Aussie's suggest i travel to from Brisbane? :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    So did the bookies....

What I feel now about these ashes is not very patriotic of me. That draw was heartbreaking. It was like they were batting on the road outside my house. That pitch was shit for the bowlers.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    I'm planning on going to the Brisbane shows because im going to stay with my mate , i would like to go to 3 or 4 shows, where do you Aussie's suggest i travel to from Brisbane? :)

Sydney pal. Easily.... Then move down to Melbourne...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:

:thumbup: maybe newcastle.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    Easties wrote:
    And you can probably hitch hike to Canberra. Someone will pick you up along the Hume Highway I'm sure... :shock:

yea - goes straight past a lovely forest!
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:

Thanks mate, what would be the best way to travel dude? :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:

:thumbup: maybe newcastle.
    8-):)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

8-)

ill be in canberra all day tomorrow too - might have to swing into civic and check out some of the free entertainment mags & see if they've got any announcements up yet

(just keep thinking of that winebottle ;) )
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    zenith wrote:

I can't find any flights direct to Newcastle from Canberra. Are there any? Otherwise, seems like it's just as quick to drive. I'm no serial killer, but there'll be two of us (my wife and myself). If you came to the NZ shows, maybe you met me. I kinda look like Jesus.

Oh, looks like Brindabella goes direct for $200pp. Who are they? OK, maybe it will be better to try and carpool/rent a car.
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:

Thanks mate, what would be the best way to travel dude? :)

If you drove from Brisbane to Sydney you could stop off at Newcastle then Sydney. Brissie to Sydney is a long drive, like a full day. But other then that, you could get a flight to Sydney for less than a hundred $.

Though they finish in Brissie on the 12th, just drive your way down across the North coast of NSW, see Byron bay, a few other places. Take a few days to get to Newcastle. THen the heart of Sydney is like a 3 hour drive from Newcastle.

Canberra would be unrealistic unless flying, cause you would have to go from Brisbane down to Southern NSW (Canberra) then up to Newcastle (North of Sydney, mid north coast i guess) then back down to sydney, then down south to Melbourne. It would have made sense for ed to go bris, newie, syd, canberra, Melb.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    zenith wrote:
    ill be in canberra all day tomorrow too - might have to swing into civic and check out some of the free entertainment mags & see if they've got any announcements up yet

(just keep thinking of that winebottle ;) )

Stop pressuring me, woman! :x Ahhh I love tour time! :mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    Sydney pal. Easily.... Then move down to Melbourne...[/quote]

Thanks mate, what would be the best way to travel dude? :)[/quote]

If you drove from Brisbane to Sydney you could stop off at Newcastle then Sydney. Brissie to Sydney is a long drive, like a full day. But other then that, you could get a flight to Sydney for less than a hundred $.

Though they finish in Brissie on the 12th, just drive your way down across the North coast of NSW, see Byron bay, a few other places. Take a few days to get to Newcastle. THen the heart of Sydney is like a 3 hour drive from Newcastle.

Canberra would be unrealistic unless flying, cause you would have to go from Brisbane down to Southern NSW (Canberra) then up to Newcastle (North of Sydney, mid north coast i guess) then back down to sydney, then down south to Melbourne. It would have made sense for ed to go bris, newie, syd, canberra, Melb.[/quote]

Thanks, looks like id have to hit a rid lol
    I think flying is the only way!, :|
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah it was one of their last shows. I think it was in 2001.
  • Options
    Yeh, flying easily. And if you wanted to, if you get into sydney on tues or weds, you can get a train ride to Newcastle for the show. Can get a direct train from Central station in sydney (with a few stops a long the way). Then back to sydney. THat would be a good option
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    zenith wrote:

I can't find any flights direct to Newcastle from Canberra. Are there any? Otherwise, seems like it's just as quick to drive. I'm no serial killer, but there'll be two of us (my wife and myself). If you came to the NZ shows, maybe you met me. I kinda look like Jesus.

Oh, looks like Brindabella goes direct for $200pp. Who are they? OK, maybe it will be better to try and carpool/rent a car.

brindabella?? what the hecks that?? sound shonky if you ask me. ;)8-):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    zenith wrote:

yea, virgin fly direct ... brindabella would be a little tiny crop duster plane

i was at both nz shows - i hung out with that ziggy girl up above ;) and all the other australians that came over 8-)
    i dont remember meeting jesus, but that doesnt mean much
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Yeh, flying easily. And if you wanted to, if you get into sydney on tues or weds, you can get a train ride to Newcastle for the show. Can get a direct train from Central station in sydney (with a few stops a long the way). Then back to sydney. THat would be a good option

only problem is return trains from newcastle. currently they leave at 10:36pm, 11:21pm and then theres not another til 2:31am. though id imagine an overnight stay in newcastle would be on the cards. it is a lovely city.
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:

That sounds good to me, thanks for your help, which part of Australia do you live?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    Australia is in for such a treat! These shows are so incredible and intimate! Get to the venues early and hang out around the vehicle entrance and you may get to meet him like i did in LA :)

I think he'll add a Perth show..
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC