Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES AUSTRALIAN SOLO TOUR

Comments

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    i talk to people zig... i just dont talk to you. :P ;)8-)

i talked to you very briefly at a show this year, didn't realise till later that it was you. I saw you at another as well, but i can't remember what!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    ziggystar wrote:
    oh shit... the size of the venues didnt occur to me til this very minute. im a little bit worried.

Why?

cause unless ticketbastard have a members presale where i can buy single tix i can afford, im taking my chances with the general public on the friday. itll be cool though.. if i get tix i get tix if not well worse things happen.

Ticketmaster are having a member presale on the 8th.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    ziggy is lovely,the rest sucks... :lol:

YEAH!! :mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    Ziggy, I'm happy for you that you'll get a tour. :)

Why thank you, justam! I'm happy Eddie is giving me a tour too! 8-):lol:
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    OMG I think I nearly peed myself!

Well it's my birthday next week, so you all know what I am going get myself!!!!

WOOOOOOO FREAKING HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options

WOOOOOOO FREAKING HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Toaster?
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702

:shock:

Well that's not nice... I was going to invite you to my place and cook you moussaka if you came to Australia for a show.

:( ;)
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    justam wrote:
    Ziggy, I'm happy for you that you'll get a tour. :)

Why thank you, justam! I'm happy Eddie is giving me a tour too! 8-):lol:
    :thumbup:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Toaster?

YEAH that's it! ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    E.K wrote:

:shock:

Well that's not nice... I was going to invite you to my place and cook you moussaka if you came to Australia for a show.

:( ;)
    you are Greek,you are not the rest.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i talk to people zig... i just dont talk to you.

i talked to you very briefly at a show this year, didn't realise till later that it was you. I saw you at another as well, but i can't remember what!

did you?? :lol: wasnt dead letter circus was it? do you remember what venue.. cause id probably figure it out.
    and of course now im ubercurious cause i tend not to talk to peeps. i mustve been in an especially good mood. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    i saw you at DLC, and very briefly talked to you at Alberta Cross. I don't think you recognised me either :lol:
    I think it was more "is there any room down there :lol: " rather than a conversation
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I'm tippin Santa cruz will be a staple on this tour, a duet with EJ
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Ticketmaster are having a member presale on the 8th

danke

:mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Well there you have it! The early thread folks had it right off the bat! Well played!

Congrats to all the Ed solo fans down under! He puts on one hell of a show!!

I wish he would actually do another show in Seattle that isn't a secret show. You know, like he has done everywhere else.

But oh well, congrats to the Aussie folks! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    Jeanwah wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    But don't most concert tickets cost more than $100 each these days?

No, they don't.
    Well, they do here.
  • Options
    scottdm wrote:
    Hi Scott,

Sorry, there will not be any New Zealand dates. We hope you can make it out to one of the OZ performances.

Best,
    10c

Gutted!!!
    For reals? No way!
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    bazzer wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    But don't most concert tickets cost more than $100 each these days?

No, they don't.
    Well, they do here.

I paid $130 a ticket to see Peter Frampton, America, Chicago and Brian Wilson in Brisbane a few weeks ago..

but I also got tickets for U2 next week at $39.90 each.

Go figure.
  • Options
    i saw you at DLC, and very briefly talked to you at Alberta Cross. I don't think you recognised me either
    I think it was more "is there any room down there " rather than a conversation

well it has been a couple of years and my head gets rather vague. :lol: next time you run into me reintroduce yourself. sometimes my mind needs a jolt. 8-)

DLC are so good live... and i get to see them support lnknpk at ACER next week. :clap::clap: itll be interesting to see how their sound fills all that space.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    joely_91 wrote:
    I hope theres room for a Scotsman down under? :):D

if your as awesome as the scots i met in dublin on my euro trip...definately :)

Well you should be grateful i'm coming to your country! :lol:

Where abouts in scotland where they from?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    Such good news, wherever it comes from. Great small venues. Not too much of a rush in between shows.

I am trying to keep the faith re: TenClubs no single tix, price (prob not 10C fault) and no seniority plan. :roll:

EV Solo is gonna be fantastic. Bring on March 2011 :clap:
  • Options
    Is the drive from Canberra to Newcastle a nightmare? I'll be having to do it the morning of the show, so hopefully it's doable. 5 hours? Otherwise, I guess I'll wait and see about flights. Where's the best place to look for domestic flights?

Also, a bit worried about:
    a) trying to score multiple 10c tix (although I don't think the demand will be the same as the US shows, still a bit worried though)

b) I haven't seen the 10C price mentioned yet. Will it be AUD$220 a pair or something more than that?
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    bazzer wrote:
    Is the drive from Canberra to Newcastle a nightmare? I'll be having to do it the morning of the show, so hopefully it's doable. 5 hours? Otherwise, I guess I'll wait and see about flights. Where's the best place to look for domestic flights?

nope - motorway most of the way - its a nice little roadtrip

flights in out of canberra are rather expensive tho .... usually $70 to sydney :roll:
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Dates:

Date Venue City, State On Sale
    10 March QPAC Concert Hall Brisbane, QLD Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
    12 March QPAC Concert Hall Brisbane, QLD Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
    15 March Royal Theatre Canberra, ACT Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
    16 March Civic Theatre Newcastle, NSW Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
    18 March State Theatre Sydney, NSW Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
    19 March State Theatre Sydney, NSW Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
    24 March Palais Theatre Melbourne, VIC Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
    25 March Palais Theatre Melbourne, VIC Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
    27 March Thebarton Theatre Adelaide, SA Dec 2nd, 9am NSW

u lucky bastards! 8-)8-):lol:
  • Options
    No Perth....bummer, looks like i'll have to fly over
  • Options
    dolly rockerdolly rocker Long Beach NY Posts: 345
    I live on east coast USA,,,I'm building a sub, all I need is a flex capacitator..If you have one please pm me.. Im in desperate need
  • Options
    zenith wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

flights in out of canberra are rather expensive tho .... usually $70 to sydney :roll:
    $70! I'm down with that. If that's "expensive" then I'll probably look at flying all the legs and saving myself the bother of hiring a car and driving. So I'll need a flight in to Canberra (they all have stops, so maybe into Sydney and then domestic to Canberra but I doubt that's cheaper), then Canberra to Newcastle, then Newcastle to Sydney and then home again.

Pacific Blue the best bet? (nope, no direct flights to Newcastle). Qantas? Jetstar?
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    bazzer wrote:
    zenith wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

$70! I'm down with that. If that's "expensive" then I'll probably look at flying all the legs and saving myself the bother of hiring a car and driving. So I'll need a flight in to Canberra (they all have stops, so maybe into Sydney and then domestic to Canberra but I doubt that's cheaper), then Canberra to Newcastle, then Newcastle to Sydney and then home again.

Pacific Blue the best bet? (nope, no direct flights to Newcastle). Qantas? Jetstar?

virgin - flights to newie from canberra are up about $150

throw in for petrol, and promise your not a serial killer, and you might get a seat, depending on if miss ziggy pulling her butt into gear or not 8-)
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    you can catch a train from newcastle to sydney. takes about a couple of hours and youll be right in the city(sydney)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    bazzer wrote:
    zenith wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

Go to webjet.com.au and that will give you the prices for most airlines at once
    Take me for a ride before we leave...