Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES AUSTRALIAN SOLO TOUR

Comments

• Options
    Feel sorry for Perth that's a bit shit. Come join us in Adelaide your all welcome.
    I know we cant all stay here forever.
    So i'm gonna write my words on the face of today,
    and then i'll paint it.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Sweet for the Aussies! Hopefully, Eddie can make it to London (or anywhere in the UK!) one day :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Nackers wrote:
    wow!!!
    i dont comment much on here coz im not really up with all the internet blogging and stuff but i feel the need to let u all know how excited i am by this. :D
    i heard about it this morning and it gave me goose bumps thinking about the shows and ive had a smile on my face all day! im just having a beer now to celebrate it!!!! cant wait for March :D

ditto Nackers- same here- vodka replaces the beer tho:)
  • Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!! :D:)8-);) :shock: :o :P :mrgreen:
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Yeh, flying easily. And if you wanted to, if you get into sydney on tues or weds, you can get a train ride to Newcastle for the show. Can get a direct train from Central station in sydney (with a few stops a long the way). Then back to sydney. THat would be a good option

That sounds good to me, thanks for your help, which part of Australia do you live?

Sydney mate.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    i am very happy for all you lucky ozzies, its gonna be epic :D
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    garbsgarbs Posts: 46
    Good thing I checked this forum before I went to work at 6am this morning, as I just started in my new office with a promotion and still have to organise leave for next year. If I hadn't I would've done 2 weeks in April thinking EV would be here then.

Of course I'll only be able to get the first week off and so can probably do the 2nd Brisbane, Newcastle and Canberra shows. No doubt I'll have a spare ticket for each show I manage to score tickets from as I'll be coming over from the west where we're not going to get any love this time round.
  • Options
    garbsgarbs Posts: 46
    Also if Eddie was here for a surfing holiday, why miss out on the west, Margaret River area has some good surfing from what I hear (not much of a surfer myself), and plenty of good wine too.

Heck he could even play at the Settlers Tavern too.
  • Options
    have a dilemma for this, just brought Kyuss reunion tix last week, so now need to find the funds for this. :)
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    TOURTIME! FInally I'm here for a tour! I'm comin to Oz! SUX bigtime, SUX huge time he's not coming to NZ but fk it count me in!!!! I'm thinking to come to Canberra, Newcastle & both nights in Sydney. Anyone up for getting tickets with me? I'm just on my own so can take up anyone's spare ticket. Ask Ziggy I'm very very trustworthy + I'm going to have to book flights so if I'm in, I'm in if you get what I mean!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Very excited. There are some gaps in those tour dates. Added shows in the big cities perhaps?!
  • Options
    topaztopaz Posts: 301
    grrrrrr

congrats you bloody lucky aussies! it's been a sad day! happy for you tho. It's just so gutting when pearl jam/ed come so f**#ing close, yet remain as far away as ever unless you got the moolah...which I don't at the moment.

so yes. Morello, reprezent, also Bazzer, shit you guys gotta reprezent all of us grounded kiwis not flying over the ditch

and ed, it's not too late ya know ;) dreams are free
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    morello wrote:
    TOURTIME! FInally I'm here for a tour! I'm comin to Oz! SUX bigtime, SUX huge time he's not coming to NZ but fk it count me in!!!! I'm thinking to come to Canberra, Newcastle & both nights in Sydney. Anyone up for getting tickets with me? I'm just on my own so can take up anyone's spare ticket. Ask Ziggy I'm very very trustworthy + I'm going to have to book flights so if I'm in, I'm in if you get what I mean!

Nobody trust her!! She's a thieving lying evil bitch!! ;)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    Do I:
    a) Convince the family to have a holiday in Brisbane... and Dad dissappears at night.
    or
    b) Convince the family they will get bored on holiday and do Canberra, Newcastle and Sydney for the same price!!

Hmmmm 8-) This shit was sure easier to organise in days gone by!
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,096
    redrock wrote:
    Sweet for the Aussies! Hopefully, Eddie can make it to London (or anywhere in the UK!) one day :mrgreen:

+1

Congratulations Aussies! :D (i'm not jealous, really i'm not :sick: )
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Lizard wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    Here's a link to Australian promoter Michael Chugg's facebook page -

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/chuggentertainment

Maybe if people joined and left comments about the lack of a Perth, W.A show he might reconsider?
    and if you DO meet him, you HAVE To tell him you started the Hot Eddie Pics thread!!! ;)8-):D

LOL after she got the 1st one locked ..hahaha
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited December 2010
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    morello wrote:

Nobody trust her!! She's a thieving lying evil bitch!! ;)

sob sob sob :cry::cry::cry: that's sob not sob what you said sob after I did that move sob you love sob so much sob sob sob sob :cry::cry::cry: boohoohoohoohoohoo runs away crying..... I thought she loved me sob sob sob sob..... ;)
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    HailHailOZ wrote:
    Do I:
    a) Convince the family to have a holiday in Brisbane... and Dad dissappears at night.
    or
    b) Convince the family they will get bored on holiday and do Canberra, Newcastle and Sydney for the same price!!

Hmmmm 8-) This shit was sure easier to organise in days gone by!

Do (b)....I'll be in Newcastle! 8-) Fun!!
  • Options
    joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    anyone who hasnt done it already join the facebook page in my sig and sign the petition link on it :)
  • Options
    sickofitsickofit Norway Posts: 780
    Great news!! Not for me though (and millions more here in Europe :cry: ). I'd love a trip back to Brissie for my upcoming b.day but... :shrug: Never seen an Eddie solo show, but I'm guessing it'll blow your mind - enjoy, Aussie fans!!! :thumbup: :mrgreen:
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    morello wrote:
    If you don't find anything tommorow, PM me, I am going Sydney.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    aus_suz wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    Here's a link to Australian promoter Michael Chugg's facebook page -

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/chuggentertainment

Maybe if people joined and left comments about the lack of a Perth, W.A show he might reconsider?
    and if you DO meet him, you HAVE To tell him you started the Hot Eddie Pics thread!!! ;)8-):D

LOL after she got the 1st one locked ..hahaha

It was me and Nossie talking dirty if I remember correctly. :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    duh :)
    Post edited by aus_suz on
  • Options
    Yeah, Pumped! the last twelve months has gone way too slow since PJ were here, now next few months are given to fly!!!

So what's the format of Ed solo show?

Acoustic? Many PJ songs?
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

I thought it was those pics at the beach with u know who with the little u know who....
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

You girls sicken me!
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    aus_suz wrote:
    E.K wrote:

I thought it was those pics at the beach with u know who with the little u know who....

Huh? Who?
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    E.K wrote:

Huh? Who?

Joni

:lol:
  • Options
    Hey Bazzer did u go to the Bris shows... I remember seeing a guy there that looked like Jesus..??

Gees its a worry about tickets... normally for Melb they would have to have at least 1,000 10c tickets.
    If the venue only holds a few thousand how many 10c tickets would they release? A few hundred..

I kinda wish they would limit how many shows for 10c tickets u can buy or let u have a choice of one show, then if there are 10c tickets left over u can purchase more shows.
    I can see ppl might miss out, especially cos everyone will probably do more than 1 show if not all.
    Would suck not to get a chance at a 10c ticket. I guess theres always the pre sale and the the general public sale.
    Stoked Eds doing a solo show here, I hope I can go to at least one.

Would be totally awesome if Ed came to Tasmania. Would be great to only have to buy tickets and not worry about airfares and accomm. U guys are so lucky that get the shows coming to your hometown whether they are solo gigs or Pearl Jam.