Options

Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    The F1 Chinese GP this weekend :)

Last nights practice times http://en.espnf1.com/china/motorsport/story/75523.html
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,838
    Mercedes GP on the front row! Ferrari and Red Bull are struggling bad. Going to be an interesting race. So far Rosberg has fallen way off pace once the race starts, wonder if he can keep it up. He's going to be under incredible pressure on the first lap.
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    Mercedes GP on the front row! Ferrari and Red Bull are struggling bad. Going to be an interesting race. So far Rosberg has fallen way off pace once the race starts, wonder if he can keep it up. He's going to be under incredible pressure on the first lap.

What a stunning lap by Nico! I'm happy for him, it was nice to watch. Yea Lets see how that first lap goes like you said "incredible pressure"!

:corn:

Should be fun, I'm sooo staying up for the race.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    eddiec wrote:
    You can expect that trend to continue. If Ferrari's updates at Catalunya don't bring them up to the level of the Mercs and McLarens they won't be coming close (again) this year.
    :x
  • Options
    Cool race! Nico! Perfect!
  • Options
    Just watched the race last night, although the winner and the Ferrari results had already been spoiled on me (bastards!).
    Everyone said it was exciting to watch but I did not think so. 2-10th were all bunched up yeah, that's all fine and good but it's only because they only had 3 or 4 spots in which they were able to go off line. Those Pirelli marbles do a lot of damage to racing. And the same suspects ended up finishing at the front, that didn't help (f%@# you McLaren!).

Good on Rosberg for finally winning. The Mercedes should have been capable since Australia...
  • Options
    Spanish GP this weekend!
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Great race!

Congradulations Maldonardo and the Williams Team. It's great to see them back on the top step of the podium.

An excellent 70th birthday present for Frank Williams :clap::clap:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:
    Great race!

Congradulations Maldonardo and the Williams Team. It's great to see them back on the top step of the podium.

Yea! And it's also great having Kimi back, that guy makes me laugh.

I like Schumacher but I don't think he was right in calling Senna an "idiot" for that crash. (he said it during an interview)

Btw did you catch any post race action? In the Williams garage they had a pretty bad fire. good thing no serious injuries.

http://en.espnf1.com/spain/motorsport/story/78583.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H73JOK9SqI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

-
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    Austicman wrote:
    Great race!

Yea! And it's also great having Kimi back, that guy makes me laugh.

I like Schumacher but I don't think he was right in calling Senna an "idiot" for that crash. (he said it during an interview)

Btw did you catch any post race action? In the Williams garage they had a pretty bad fire. good thing no serious injuries.

http://en.espnf1.com/spain/motorsport/story/78583.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H73JOK9SqI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

-

:shock: :shock: WOW!! I missed that. The race doesn't finish in Australia until about midnight on a Sunday night so I'm usually asleep 5 minutes after the checkered flag drops :yawn:
  • Options
    Quick reminder, its race weekend...Monaco!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Monaco :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    get started..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    get started..

I was looking forward to seeing Schumacher make some moves, sadly the whole start was a mess! I do like webber, he seems like a cool guy, so its good to see him do well.

Happy to see Massa find some speed, I think people are too hard on him. Hes a good driver and has got skill.

Next, Canadian GP!
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    get started..

I was looking forward to seeing Schumacher make some moves, sadly the whole start was a mess! I do like webber, he seems like a cool guy, so its good to see him do well.

Happy to see Massa find some speed, I think people are too hard on him. Hes a good driver and has got skill.

Next, Canadian GP!

My Scoundrel boss was at the race :twisted: Nice drive from Webber. Vary sneaky how he held up the pack to so Sebastian could grab a couple of places.

Talk about crashing back to earth for Maldonardo!! :shock:

Man I love Monarco :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:

My Scoundrel boss was at the race :twisted: Nice drive from Webber. Vary sneaky how he held up the pack to so Sebastian could grab a couple of places.

I bet the boss had fun! :D

Yea Webber held the pack up nicely hahah. As for Maldonado, he did seem a bit arrogant after his win in Spain and it seemed to show during this whole weekend, well maybe that's a bit unfair for me to say, nevertheless he had one strange weekend, but that's F1.

Alonso leading the championship, yet that Ferrari is below par right now. That guy can drive,

6 races, 6 different winners, and Montreal is usually a wild and unpredictable race. Can't wait!
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Idris wrote:
    Clearly enthusiastic about his new project, Ron Howard does not claim to be a Formula 1 fan. In fact, Howard only discovered its appeal from Peter Morgan’s script. “These are fascinating characters– ballsy, masculine guys. It was a very dangerous era in racing, and here are two absolute individuals at the height of their powers. It makes for great drama and very exciting action. I wasn’t a die-hard Formula 1 fan before I read Peter’s script, but I’ve been immersing myself in this world. I think the excitement I feel as a fresh convert may be infectious.”

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/02/ron-howard-shares-behind-the-scenes-of-rush-f1-movie-via-twitter-video.html
    Interesting. He is not known to make crappy movies, but I hope he has a lot of input from F1 fanatics ... the last thing you want is another movie like Driven. Even though Sly was in it, I walked out of the theater early ... and I'm usually a huge fan of crappy Stallone movies! :shock:

A nice preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-xqy-ksqvs

It's looking cool,
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:

Happy Birthday eddiec!
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    Austicman wrote:

I bet the boss had fun! :D

Yea Webber held the pack up nicely hahah. As for Maldonado, he did seem a bit arrogant after his win in Spain and it seemed to show during this whole weekend, well maybe that's a bit unfair for me to say, nevertheless he had one strange weekend, but that's F1.

Alonso leading the championship, yet that Ferrari is below par right now. That guy can drive,

6 races, 6 different winners, and Montreal is usually a wild and unpredictable race. Can't wait!

It was a shame Michael didn't get to start from pole. I've always rated Vettel as really good driver. I wonder whats going on with him at the moment.

Love Alonso. I think he is one of the more genuine guys in the paddock.
  • Options
    Good to see Massa get some speed back into his bones!
    Also good drive from Webber. That said, Monaco is a shit race as usual.
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:

I've always rated Vettel as really good driver. I wonder whats going on with him at the moment.

Love Alonso. I think he is one of the more genuine guys in the paddock.

Vettel sure can drive, but he's kinda boring to watch race, unlike say Schumacher, Kimi, Alonso, Lewis. :D

btw, if you go to YouTube, they have a lot of cool behind the scenes videos and some general F1 racing stuff from the new Sky F1 broadcast and BBC. You need to filter the searches in 'upload date' to get the most recent.

A few people are always posting videos,

Like this kinda stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-QdCMkd0lA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN7ODEvh-cQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V59HS7Agy0E
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,838
    Idris wrote:
    eddiec wrote:

Happy Birthday eddiec!

Thanks, appreciate it.
  • Options
    RBR's hole in the floor deemed illegal, will be changed for the awesomeness that is the Canadian GP :)

It is unlikely to affect the car's performance.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Rygar wrote:
    I dunno, pretty exciting to see those five guys all bunched up for the last few laps.
    Going to the race next weekend?
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    I dunno, pretty exciting to see those five guys all bunched up for the last few laps.
    Going to the race next weekend?
    Yeah but it's a parade every year, no matter how much talent is bunched up in a group ;)

And no, I won't be there for the second year in a row :cry:
    I will be going next year whether the rest of my group goes or not!
    You going, or are you gonna try to hit Texas (should it go forward)?
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Yeah but it's a parade every year, no matter how much talent is bunched up in a group ;)

True, but its petty cool spot for a race!

Nah, cant swing it this year either.

Thinking about Texas, but Its Montreal that I really want to see. While Austin is nice, its no Montreal!
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

True, but its petty cool spot for a race!

Nah, cant swing it this year either.

Thinking about Texas, but Its Montreal that I really want to see. While Austin is nice, its no Montreal!

Speaking of Texas, here is the new track, (F1 2012 Game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb9pGgpLakI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Looks alright,
  • Options
    Decent race yesterday. Grosjean did 50-55 laps on those tires and they were still gripping at the end, which explains why Ferrari and RBR tried what they tried....didn't work out though.
    Obviously not the outcome I was hoping for, seeing that turd win, but hey, 7 different winners in 7 races is neat. I don't get all the BS about how it's bad for the sport, and definitely don't buy all the talk about randomness. Think about it, of the 7 winners, the only one who didn't fit the bill is a Williams. The other winners - RBR x 2, McLaren x 2, Ferrari x 1, Mercedes x 1....seems like the usual suspects!

PS: Screw you Hambone.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    awesome championship so far..the best in years
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    European GP
    One of the best circuits IMHO
    Looking forward to qualifying.
  • Options
    What an end to the race! :D My 3 Fave drivers on podium,