Comments

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    eddiec wrote:

oh wow! Congrats Austin, back from the ashes. :D
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Idris wrote:
    I like Felipe, Hope he has a good season next year. :D He's come a long way since he started at Ferrari. I was so sad when he lost the Championship that one season to Lewis, heartbreaking :(

It's going to be interesting seeing how long it takes Kubica to return to form. If he is unable to get back to the level he was, he probably won't see a Ferrari seat.
    Agreed on all counts.
    Poor ol' Felipe hasn't been a threat since his accident.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    just thought i mention this here...buddy of mine Mark Hotchkis is driving in the 24 at daytona

purple porsche #82

http://www.motorsport.com/grandam/photo ... gus-dick-1
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    just thought i mention this here...buddy of mine Mark Hotchkis is driving in the 24 at daytona

purple porsche #82

http://www.motorsport.com/grandam/photo ... gus-dick-1

Looking good,

I need to do something like that :D
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    New cars looking sweet! Raikkonen fastest in testing! Nuts.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

Kimi is looking sharp, so is that Lotus. I think AMG Merc will be a force this year (i hope!), Ferrari looks out of shape. But we shall see in a week!
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

Kimi is looking sharp, so is that Lotus. I think AMG Merc will be a force this year (i hope!), Ferrari looks out of shape. But we shall see in a week!
    Looking likely to be another long year for us Ferrari fans! But the car isn't slow, just hard to handle, so all isn't lost (yet).
    Hopefully we don't have another runaway RBR year...
    Good to see the Iceman back and driving well!
  • Options
    First race weekend! All I ask is for a little competition this year!
  • Options
    Race weekend is finally here!
    Let the games begin!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Get_Right wrote:
    Let the games begin!
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Let the games begin!
    :D

:thumbup:

I'm stoked!!
  • Options
    Ferrari looks bad, the car is an animal. Grosjean bumped Schumi outta 3rd, ha! Schumacher should take him out first corner of the race, lmao.

What happened to Brundle? I like his commentary. Did Sky not hire him?
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Idris wrote:
    Ferrari looks bad, the car is an animal. Grosjean bumped Schumi outta 3rd, ha! Schumacher should take him out first corner of the race, lmao.

Brundle is on the new Sky Sports F1 HD channel here in Ireland/England- of which I don't have. :x
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    Idris wrote:

Brundle is on the new Sky Sports F1 HD channel here in Ireland/England- of which I don't have. :x

Coulthard and another dude are doing the commentary on our feed, I miss Brundle...

Almost race time, couple hrs! :D
  • Options
    Decent race. I've liked Jenson since his Honda days, he's a classy driver. Very cool.

Sepang next week!
  • Options
    Good race. Some of the mid-level teams had really good pace. We shall see how long that lasts. Great race by Kimi.

Alonso's soul patch only makes me dislike him more! :lol:
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Good race. Some of the mid-level teams had really good pace. We shall see how long that lasts. Great race by Kimi.

Alonso's soul patch only makes me dislike him more! :lol:
    The race was much better than I expected. I'm very glad to have your buddy Fernando in my team!
    The cars that looked rubbish on Saturday (handling and in comparison to the hated McLarens) were significantly better during the race.

Glad to see the Iceman put on a good show. I may have to get some Lotus merch this year ;)

Also, Kubica was driving a rally car three weeks ago. Not competitively, but it is still a good step. If he is F1-capable this year, watch for Felipe making way at SF.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Not a perfect start for McLaren but I'm not going to complain ;)

Going to be a weird season not being able to watch most of the races :cry:

It's something I've watched my whole life and now I'll be restricted to highlights for most of the races.

Guess I can always go past the McLaren Technology Centre after a race to see if the sign is lit up to know whether they managed a podium finish :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I just recently watched the movie Senna and found it fascinating. I didn't know anything about him prior to it, including his untimely death which shocked me at the end.

It really put some light on how political the F1 series is. I knew it was bad, but to see it first hand really brings it to life.

Got to see a very young Rubens Barrichello too, who will be heading to Indy Car this year. That is big for Indy which had a huge hole to fill with Danika moving to boring stock car racing.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    I just recently watched the movie Senna and found it fascinating. I didn't know anything about him prior to it, including his untimely death which shocked me at the end.

It really put some light on how political the F1 series is. I knew it was bad, but to see it first hand really brings it to life.

Got to see a very young Rubens Barrichello too, who will be heading to Indy Car this year. That is big for Indy which had a huge hole to fill with Danika moving to boring stock car racing.

'Senna'! Legend, what a racer, a true racer. I remember when he died, didn't really know what to think about it.
    -

Hamilton and Button checking out Senna's McLaren, the second vid is Hamilton driving it :D, Cool Vids, then again I'm a race/Car addict.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tQCXE7DDuc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmBl_XT0BpU

and Ron Howard is directing a movie called 'RUSH' about the 1976 rivalry between Hunt and Niki Lauda.

Clearly enthusiastic about his new project, Ron Howard does not claim to be a Formula 1 fan. In fact, Howard only discovered its appeal from Peter Morgan’s script. “These are fascinating characters– ballsy, masculine guys. It was a very dangerous era in racing, and here are two absolute individuals at the height of their powers. It makes for great drama and very exciting action. I wasn’t a die-hard Formula 1 fan before I read Peter’s script, but I’ve been immersing myself in this world. I think the excitement I feel as a fresh convert may be infectious.”

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/02/ron-howard-shares-behind-the-scenes-of-rush-f1-movie-via-twitter-video.html
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Idris wrote:
    Clearly enthusiastic about his new project, Ron Howard does not claim to be a Formula 1 fan. In fact, Howard only discovered its appeal from Peter Morgan’s script. “These are fascinating characters– ballsy, masculine guys. It was a very dangerous era in racing, and here are two absolute individuals at the height of their powers. It makes for great drama and very exciting action. I wasn’t a die-hard Formula 1 fan before I read Peter’s script, but I’ve been immersing myself in this world. I think the excitement I feel as a fresh convert may be infectious.”

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/02/ron-howard-shares-behind-the-scenes-of-rush-f1-movie-via-twitter-video.html
    Interesting. He is not known to make crappy movies, but I hope he has a lot of input from F1 fanatics ... the last thing you want is another movie like Driven. Even though Sly was in it, I walked out of the theater early ... and I'm usually a huge fan of crappy Stallone movies! :shock:
  • Options
    Race weekend! Qualies tonight! Sepang!! Just about always a fun race, lots of action. Fast track, quick corners... :D
  • Options
    What a race!...! Exciting!.. :D...Alonso, Perez great stuff! Too bad about Schumacher, nevertheless that's racing.

What a season so far...
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    What a race!...! Exciting!.. :D...Alonso, Perez great stuff! Too bad about Schumacher, nevertheless that's racing.

What a season so far...
    That was unexpected!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Idris wrote:

What a season so far...
    what a race indeed...!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Mercedes-Benz Ponders Exiting F1 Racing Over Commercial Deal

http://ca.autoblog.com/2012/03/26/mercedes-benz-ponders-exiting-f1-racing-over-commercial-deal/

I doubt they will exit, AMG Mercedes is good for F1, Bernie knows it.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I, for one, am glad to see Kimi back in F1... the guys a legend both on and off the track.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    I, for one, am glad to see Kimi back in F1... the guys a legend both on and off the track.
    Agreed! Too bad we kept Massa instead of Raikkonen....

:lol:
    Kimi Raikkonen showed that beneath that icy facade is a sense of humour to rival most as he gifted the media ice-creams at Sepang.

The late time he raced at the Sepang circuit, Raikkonen was slated by many while earning a chuckle from others as, with the race suspended due to the heavy downpour, he headed into his Ferrari garage for a Coke and a chocolate ice-cream.

That proved to be the Finn's final season with Ferrari as his commitment to the team and the sport was called into question.

Three years later - and back in F1 - there were again ice-creams to be had in Malaysia although this time they were for the press.

With more rain and another suspended race on the horizon, the Lotus team handed out ice-creams to the media on behalf of their Finnish driver ahead of Sunday's grand prix.

The treat came with a note saying "please enjoy this ice-cream" and was insurmountable proof that Raikkonen does have a sense of humour.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/7627300/The-Ice-cream-man-giveth
  • Options
    Kimi is a total joker. I love it, YouTube has some great Kimi vids. Always fun to watch him, like it was said, a legend on and off the track.
  • Options
    Well the rain delay means my DVR ran out! :twisted: :evil:

That being said I love me some wet races.