Options

*** Live On Ten Legs - Jan. 18, 2011 ***

Comments

• Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Was the vinyl supposed to come with a digital download code? Mine didn't. Thanks for the help.

I believe those that ordered it from the Ten Club were emailed a download link - but I'm not aware of this being included with the vinyl from other suppliers. If ordered from the Ten Club you should be eligible for a link, if you haven't already been sent it
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Yea I think it was a thank you to those who preordered through 10c
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Yea I think it was a thank you to those who preordered through 10c
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Not sure why everyone has been so keen to get the European Deluxe Boxset for this.

I live in the UK and it still worked out miles cheaper to just get the LP from Ten Club, got MP3 link and if I want the CD as well it will be £6 in about 6 months in stores like everything else. I'm sure the packaging for the box is nice but for me I can live without the poster reproductions and lanyard.

Waiting on my LP but the MP3s were a nice surprise, the record sounds great.
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
    I just bought mine at Amoeba's in Hollywood. I like "In Hiding" :D
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    I just bought mine at Amoeba's in Hollywood. I like "In Hiding" :D

yea love this version, sounds great

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Has anyone else noticed the differences between the vinyl packaging and the CD?

Beyond the obvious size differences, on the CD packaging, the Nijmegen poster is shown twice, but not on the vinyl.

Also on the vinyl there are many more posters pictured then on the CD. Now I understand that they can fit more in the space of the vinyl, but I figured that the jacket would have just been a smaller version of the vinyl, but I guess not.

Just something interesting that I noticed today when I finally picked up the vinyl.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    Thanks for the free digital download from a vinyl buyer 10C. Heads up for folks that some of the meta-data is missing (at least from my download) -- stuff like artist name and album. Not a difficult fix at all, just wanted to mention that to folks since the album it won't come up in Itunes unless you search by track name. Cheers.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    Has anyone ever emailed about returns? I emailed on Wednesday about swapping my damaged LOXL and haven't heard back yet.
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Has anyone ever emailed about returns? I emailed on Wednesday about swapping my damaged LOXL and haven't heard back yet.
    I've e-mailed about returns before, mid-late last year(Benaroya turned up with only one of the two CDs in the case) & got a reply very quickly, maybe give it til late Mon or Tues if you can hang off then write them again, or call them?
    Just checked my e-mails & I e-mailed them on 18/10 about the missing disc & got a reply on 21/10 saying they'd shipped another. I received the replacement disc on 2/11.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    tremors wrote:
    jmk wrote:

Can you please explain with more details how your "turntable is currently set up for getting the most out of 60s and 70s records"?

Well it has a 'sprung' platter, which makes it quite sensitive in the sound to minor changes (the way it was designed, even the position of the lid (open, closed, half open) makes quite a difference to the sound, which is just one way of affecting the tone) and the sound and tone can vary quite a lot depending on different settings - when set up how I like it - with the adjustment of the springs in the platter, and the antiskating and counterbalance settings a particular way - it tends to suit a lot of the 60s and 70s music I listen to, because you start to get a 'resonance' - which I can also amplify by the position of the speakers from the wall. So set up like this, albums like Harvest or Moondance start to sound superb. When I play more modern issues I sometimes have to adjust the settings again - so recently I had to make some adjustments to get the Clash Live as Shea stadium reissue sounding as good. I try to settle on a happy medium that gets the most out of most of the music I listen to - but certain records don't always suit the setup. I can do certain things to compensate, like 'clamping' them to the platter with another gadget that comes with the turntable, opening or closing the lid, or adjusting the counterbalance weight a bit - but I am loathe to do this too much.

Thanks, that was a good answer even though I don't know what a sprung platter is. I have an old Technics SL-3310 (that I bought for like $40) with a Audio Technica AT 110 E cartridge. I've just set up the antiskating and such according to the manual and haven't touched them since. What do I change in order to get more out of the high tones? The sound is a bit bass dominated because I have to have the speakers: left one next to the the tv and right one on a bookshelf. Have to try the lid thing but I don't know if it changes anything on my turntable as I don't know if it's a sprung platter or not. I know that it's a direct drive platter.
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    jmk wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    jmk wrote:

Can you please explain with more details how your "turntable is currently set up for getting the most out of 60s and 70s records"?

Well it has a 'sprung' platter, which makes it quite sensitive in the sound to minor changes (the way it was designed, even the position of the lid (open, closed, half open) makes quite a difference to the sound, which is just one way of affecting the tone) and the sound and tone can vary quite a lot depending on different settings - when set up how I like it - with the adjustment of the springs in the platter, and the antiskating and counterbalance settings a particular way - it tends to suit a lot of the 60s and 70s music I listen to, because you start to get a 'resonance' - which I can also amplify by the position of the speakers from the wall. So set up like this, albums like Harvest or Moondance start to sound superb. When I play more modern issues I sometimes have to adjust the settings again - so recently I had to make some adjustments to get the Clash Live as Shea stadium reissue sounding as good. I try to settle on a happy medium that gets the most out of most of the music I listen to - but certain records don't always suit the setup. I can do certain things to compensate, like 'clamping' them to the platter with another gadget that comes with the turntable, opening or closing the lid, or adjusting the counterbalance weight a bit - but I am loathe to do this too much.

Thanks, that was a good answer even though I don't know what a sprung platter is. I have an old Technics SL-3310 (that I bought for like $40) with a Audio Technica AT 110 E cartridge. I've just set up the antiskating and such according to the manual and haven't touched them since. What do I change in order to get more out of the high tones? The sound is a bit bass dominated because I have to have the speakers: left one next to the the tv and right one on a bookshelf. Have to try the lid thing but I don't know if it changes anything on my turntable as I don't know if it's a sprung platter or not. I know that it's a direct drive platter.

Some turntables seem a lot more sensitive to changes than others - my current one is certainly the most sensitive to changes that I've ever owned - it's like a temperamental woman! :lol: But worth getting right. With what you are describing I would say try setting the counterbalance weight a bit lighter - they normally give you a 'range' to set it within, but you have to use your own ear as well. Also the way you have your speakers may be affecting the sound - try setting them 'clear', so they are not surrounded by other things - if you don't have stands, use another item of heavy furniture to put them on. On mine they are on stands, and the distance from the wall and from other objects has a big effect on the bass. I doubt your lid will make much of a difference to you - I think this is more peculiar to mine. Like I say, previous turntables I have owned have not been so sensitive. I think you will find a turntable is much more sensitive to changes like the speaker position than a CD player though. The best thing is to experiment a bit, without getting too obsessed! The changes you make to position, and tonearm weighting - see it a bit like setting the EQ settings on your ipod - people have different preferences - but because you don't want to keep changing them, try it for a fixed period with some of your typical favourite records - make some changes and then leave it alone, otherwise it starts to spoil your enjoyment of the music.

• Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I realize the answer I seek is probably in the 50 pages of posts here but does anyone know if the new Live CD will be sold in all retail outlet instead of just Target and Independents as BackSpacer was?

DrDeal
  • Options
    FR181798 wrote:
    Not sure why everyone has been so keen to get the European Deluxe Boxset for this.

I live in the UK and it still worked out miles cheaper to just get the LP from Ten Club, got MP3 link and if I want the CD as well it will be £6 in about 6 months in stores like everything else. I'm sure the packaging for the box is nice but for me I can live without the poster reproductions and lanyard.

Waiting on my LP but the MP3s were a nice surprise, the record sounds great.

To be honest, I ordered mine from What Records in the UK before the ten club made their announcement, once it was clear it was going to be an official release. This was partly because I thought they would be quickest at getting the vinyl to me - which has proven to be the case. I have had good experiences of them - with the Into the Wild vinyl as well.

If time is not a factor I would probably say that having the CD and the Vinyl is more important than owning the Box Set - which is super nice, but not essential (to me anyway)

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    Drdeal wrote:
    I realize the answer I seek is probably in the 50 pages of posts here but does anyone know if the new Live CD will be sold in all retail outlet instead of just Target and Independents as BackSpacer was?

DrDeal

I'm not sure in the USA but it's selling up here in Canada @ many various retail outlet stores. :)
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    Thanks tremors. I have to try those settings...
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    jmk wrote:
    Thanks tremors. I have to try those settings...

No probs. First thing I would try in your case is lightening the tonearm balance. If that doesn't improve things - move on to the speaker positions

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i disaggree with the friends here dont like arm aloft...fits so great with the rest and its lovely to open the album.,great work :D..at pj radio now.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i disaggree with the friends here dont like arm aloft...fits so great with the rest and its lovely to open the album.,great work :D..at pj radio now.. ;)

I agree - it's a great high energy opener that wants to make me start over again - and a lot of the album is quite dark - so I like it - also it's a great showcase for the good sound of the collection

• Options
    tremors wrote:

I agree - it's a great high energy opener that wants to make me start over again - and a lot of the album is quite dark - so I like it - also it's a great showcase for the good sound of the collection

agree with you both.
    i like it
    wasn't familiar with it before, haven't heard a lot of PJ Cover songs to be quite honest
    I thought it was a nice opener, even my mum liked it, so that's saying something :lol:
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    Finally purchased CD and went for a car ride, by Got Some I was already over the speed limit, on SOLAT I swear my car was bouncing. This band will make me deaf. :D I don't feel Just Breathe, but singing is nice there. Favourite part is last stretch starting with PIL cover, cannot help loving noise. Eddie sounds so young on Spin the Black Circle. And how great is Alive? Love eeheeeeee in YL, too.
    It is amazing how tight the band is, an how they are playing as one.
    And Eddie is just an awesome frontman and singer.
    Think they can make it? :D
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

agree with you both.
    i like it
    wasn't familiar with it before, haven't heard a lot of PJ Cover songs to be quite honest
    I thought it was a nice opener, even my mum liked it, so that's saying something :lol:

i was thinking to myself about this this afternoon. i dont know why people are feeling it? really really digging arms aloft as a cover, the version they chose and def as an opener on the album! glad to see im not alone folks! :D

• Options
    gecko wrote:
    Finally purchased CD and went for a car ride, by Got Some I was already over the speed limit, on SOLAT I swear my car was bouncing. This band will make me deaf. :D I don't feel Just Breathe, but singing is nice there. Favourite part is last stretch starting with PIL cover, cannot help loving noise. Eddie sounds so young on Spin the Black Circle. And how great is Alive? Love eeheeeeee in YL, too.

:lol:

I think they have potential!

• Options
    I'm pleasantly surprised this set sounds as good as it does, as I wasn't that impressed with the setlist when it was posted. Arms Aloft is a great opener for this album and it flows very well from there. Obviously there's a little too much Backspacer but Got Some and Just Breathe fit well. There seems to be a slight dip at the start of Animal ( which I've noticed live a few times) that's disappointing but overall this shit is GOOD!

I LOVE THIS BAND
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    gecko wrote:

:lol:

I think they have potential!
    :)
  • Options
    You done any more rocking out driving to LOXL gecko? I'm still lapping it up actually! :D:D

• Options
    HailHailOZ wrote:
    I'm pleasantly surprised this set sounds as good as it does, as I wasn't that impressed with the setlist when it was posted. Arms Aloft is a great opener for this album and it flows very well from there. Obviously there's a little too much Backspacer but Got Some and Just Breathe fit well. There seems to be a slight dip at the start of Animal ( which I've noticed live a few times) that's disappointing but overall this shit is GOOD!

I LOVE THIS BAND

Same here, didn't expect to like it so much after seeing setlist.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    You done any more rocking out driving to LOXL gecko? I'm still lapping it up actually! :D:D

Right now I am going to buy bread in another town. It's really good bread. ;)
  • Options
    gecko wrote:
    tremors wrote:

:lol::lol:

• Options
    edited January 2011
    gecko wrote:
    tremors wrote:

:lol::lol:

:twisted:
    Post edited by tremors on