Options

*** Live On Ten Legs - Jan. 18, 2011 ***

Comments

• Options
    Dear fans of Pearl Jam!

I did a broadcast special about the new Pearl Jam album "Live On Ten Legs" for the Austrian independent radio station B138!

I included some interview files from Jeff Ament and Eddie Vedder between the songs, and they talked a little bit about the songs in general.

You can download/stream the full broadcast here:
    http://cba.fro.at/41999

Just click on "Download", then a new site will appear. Just ignore the form and click on the new "Download" button - the download should start automatically! If you speak German you can leave some comments on that form - it's very appreciated! Enjoy!

Take care,

Alex
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited January 2011
    thanks Alex :)..listening now :D awesome!!
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    wow cool thanks alex! cant wait to hear it
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BlueyXoyg

mike-melting.jpg

JEFF ABOUT NOTHING AS IT SEEMS :
    MIKE HOW DO YOU FELL ABOUT IT ?GIVE YOU ONE MINUTE TO COME WITH SOMETHING DARK..AND HE DID..
    MIKE HAS THE ABILITY TO TAKE A SONG OVER THE TOP ITS ONE OF HIS SHINING MOMENTS
    ITS REALLY MIKE McCREADY THERE AND NOT HIS INFLUENCE
    ITS A SET KILLER THATS WHY THEY DONT PLAY ALOT,COS CHANGE THE MOOD...
    ITS FUN SONG TO PLAY...ITS MOSTLY FUN TO SEAT BACK AND SEE WHAT MIKES COMES WITH...

MIKE MIKE MIKE....GOD GOD GOD
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

MIKE HOW DO YOU FELL ABOUT IT ?GIVE YOU ONE MINUTE TO COME WITH SOMETHING DARK..AND HE DID..
    ITS FUN SONG TO PLAY...ITS MOSTLY FUN TO SEAT BACK AND SEE WHAT MIKES COMES WITH...

wow! that is pretty damn cool! mike mccready you are an absolute hero! :clap::clap: :twisted: but guys we dont mind, keep playing nais, its such a good song!!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    Hello All-
    I really need some help here and wanted to see if anyone else has encountered the same problem...

I received the email with the digital mp3 download a few days ago and finally had the opportunity to try and download late last night (Damn work always getting in my way). Anyway, I received a message that says the link expired on 1/19/11 (but the email clearly states 1/25/11).

I sent an email to the 10c, but I haven't heard back yet, so I figured I would check on here. I just read the last 15 pages of this thread and didn't see any mention of issues.

I have the vinyl sitting right next to me but unfortunately I need to get back on the road in the next 30 minutes.

This is truly an excercise of patience. AND I am NOT a patient man. ;)

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Peace and Best Regards,
    Lance
  • Options
    hey lance no worries man, a couple people had this problem with the link. just email 10c and they will send you a fresh link. i emailed them and they got back to me like 30secs later with a working version.

enjoy the album buddy (and you sweet vinyl!)
    Pete

• Options
    Hey, is there a listing anywhere of which particular shows these songs came from?
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    EB99148 wrote:
    Hey, is there a listing anywhere of which particular shows these songs came from?
    1. Arms Aloft - Werchter, Belgium, July 4 2010
    2. World Wide Suicide - Prague, Czech Republic, September 22 2006
    3. Animal - Bern, Switzerland, September 13 2006
    4. Got Some - San Diego, CA, USA, October 9 2009
    5. State of Love and Trust - London, England, June 25 2010
    6. I Am Mine - Brisbane, Australia, November 10 2006
    7. Unthought Known - Berlin, Germany, June 30 2010
    8. Rearview Mirror - Perth, Australia, November 25 2006
    9. The Fixer - Boston, MA, USA, May 17 2010
    10. Nothing As It Seems - Adelaide, Australia, November 22 2006
    11. In Hiding - San Francisco, CA, USA, July 18 2006
    12. Just Breathe - MSG 2 2010
    13. Jeremy - London, Canada, September 12 2005
    14. Public Image - Venice, Italy, July 6 2010
    15. Spin the Black Circle - Hamilton, Canada, September 13 2005
    16. Porch - Buenos Aires, Argentina, November 26 2005
    17. Alive - philly 4 2009
    18. Yellow Ledbetter - Berlin, Germany, June 30 2010[/quote]
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    I'm sure quite a few people on here ordered the vinyl. Can anyone comment on how it sounds?
    The Scary Monster
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    I'm sure quite a few people on here ordered the vinyl. Can anyone comment on how it sounds?

I have a few mixed feelings about it. In some senses it is great - very clear and full sounding. Certain listenings I have got soooo into it. I'm a bit fussy though when I start to pick up the digital tones coming out of my turntable, and I have had some times when the vinyl hasn't agreed with me (after playing my analog records a lot beforehand - your ear changes).

So whilst I think it is as good as they could have done, and great to hear it like that - I think we are always going to suffer from being in the digital age, with Pearl Jam recording their concerts with the latest digital tech I guess. The vinyl sounds great, but I'm not yet convinced it sounds as good as the CD. I think LOXL is an album made in the digital era. So, like I say I have mixed feelings. I will go back to the vinyl, making sure I have the best settings on my turntable to do it justice. I'm sure a lot of people will love it, because it does sound great - but my turntable is currently set up for getting the most out of 60s and 70s records, and so I think LOXL is suffering by comparison with those, and with the earlier PJ vinyl. Some people will have absolutely no complaints I'm sure - it's just me being fussy at the moment I think.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options

mike-melting.jpg

I just experienced that mood killer thing with a run through of LOXL on my headphones. Thanks god they put In Hiding on straight after! God, I was on a downer!! :lol: Great version though

• Options
    tremors wrote:

I have a few mixed feelings about it. In some senses it is great - very clear and full sounding. Certain listenings I have got soooo into it. I'm a bit fussy though when I start to pick up the digital tones coming out of my turntable, and I have had some times when the vinyl hasn't agreed with me (after playing my analog records a lot beforehand - your ear changes).

So whilst I think it is as good as they could have done, and great to hear it like that - I think we are always going to suffer from being in the digital age, with Pearl Jam recording their concerts with the latest digital tech I guess. The vinyl sounds great, but I'm not yet convinced it sounds as good as the CD. I think LOXL is an album made in the digital era. So, like I say I have mixed feelings. I will go back to the vinyl, making sure I have the best settings on my turntable to do it justice. I'm sure a lot of people will love it, because it does sound great - but my turntable is currently set up for getting the most out of 60s and 70s records, and so I think LOXL is suffering by comparison with those, and with the earlier PJ vinyl. Some people will have absolutely no complaints I'm sure - it's just me being fussy at the moment I think.

Just spinning the vinyl again and getting really into it. I think it's too early for me to make a proper judgement. It certainly sounds a hell of a lot better than most records people put out these days imo

• Options
    Hmmm, thanks for the input. I'll keep that in mind when I get a chance to spin it.
    The Scary Monster
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    got my pre-ordered LO10L from 10c today!

also included was a fancy schmancy PJ20 burgandy sticker! (now where will i stick this special decal?)

I havent opened the vinyl yet, but comparing it to the Super Deluxe version, it looks the same except a few minor details - the album title on the spine is larger on the 10c one - also the catalog numbers are different.

I kinda wish the LO10L SuperDeluxe version came with more songs and more stuff like the Ten Super Deluxe - but cool nonetheless, even though I dont know what this lanyard is for.....maybe i'll wear it out today and see peoples reactions :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Just had an awesome spin of the vinyl - got taken Pearl Jam places. My conclusion at this stage is that LOXL has some real gold to be found in all its formats. And some quite different experiences to be had. SInce my box set arrived last week I have been listening to the CD, the vinyl, and a 320kbs mp3 rip, and have got loads out of each. All have superior sound quality to what we've been used to, and so you hear the material afresh. I don't regret having all formats, in fact I'm fucking glad I have!! I think they have done a top job here - getting something that the vinyl listeners, the cd listeners and the itunes downloaders can all appreciate (quite a mean task).

My feeling at the moment is that this is going to be a VERY good year to be a Pearl Jam fan - there is so much to look forward to and immerse yourself in - and this is a great great start of the year of celebrating and digesting all things Pearl Jam! Looking forward to more concert material - on CD and vinyl! Good work.

• Options
    gonna be honest, may have just pissed off the entire neighborhood but i blasted loxl tonight since my sister and brother-in-law were in town! lets just say the new record was a hit with the family! if 6 irish folk can sit out in below 20 weather and still enjoy the whole show ... i call it a success! thanks guys, you made my moms year! which means the world to me

• Options
    wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 587
    I ordered the Live on Ten Legs box set through Universal Music (UK). Still hasn't arrived here in Iowa? Anybody know when I might expect it? Has anybody else received the box set from Universal (UK)?
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006:5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
  • Options
    dont quote me on this, but i think i heard that the boxsets what universal had just hit the east coast. fyi in future, what records are prob the best and quickest to buy from if youre purchasing from the uk

• Options
    crezzercrezzer Posts: 14
    dont quote me on this, but i think i heard that the boxsets what universal had just hit the east coast. fyi in future, what records are prob the best and quickest to buy from if youre purchasing from the uk
    Amazon.co.uk nearly always ships before the official release date and did so with this too, so my commute has been filled with live PJ for the last few days! (plus amazon was cheaper (okay not by much) than the universal site)
  • Options
    hey lance no worries man, a couple people had this problem with the link. just email 10c and they will send you a fresh link. i emailed them and they got back to me like 30secs later with a working version.

enjoy the album buddy (and you sweet vinyl!)
    Pete

Thanks for the reply Pete-

The 10c did, indeed, send me a new link; However, I am back on the road until Sunday night.
    Hopefully it will work when I get home on Sunday.
    The excercise in patience continues...
    :)
  • Options
    Peace Frog wrote:

enjoy the album buddy (and your sweet vinyl!)
    Pete

Thanks for the reply Pete-

The 10c did, indeed, send me a new link; However, I am back on the road until Sunday night.
    Hopefully it will work when I get home on Sunday.
    The excercise in patience continues...
    :)

aww jeez your kidding me :lol: that sucks man. at least you got something to look forward to when you get back

• Options
    joeendjoeend Posts: 30
    i am in the uk , and still yet to receive my box set from universal??!!
    hopefully son it does state could take up to 14 days !!!
    London Wembley Arena 28/10/1996
    London Wembley Arena 29/10/1996
    London Wembley Arena 29/05/2000
    London Wembley Arena 30/05/2000
    Reading Festival 27/08/2006
    London Wembley Arena 18/6/2007
    London O2 18/08/2009
    London Hyde park 25/6/2010
    Manchester 20/6/2012
    Milton Keynes 11/7/2015
    London O2 18/6/2018
    London O2 17/7/2018
  • Options
    elsels Posts: 11
    alphawolf wrote:
    EB99148 wrote:
    1. Arms Aloft - Werchter, Belgium, July 4 2010
    2. World Wide Suicide - Prague, Czech Republic, September 22 2006
    3. Animal - Bern, Switzerland, September 13 2006
    4. Got Some - San Diego, CA, USA, October 9 2009
    5. State of Love and Trust - London, England, June 25 2010
    6. I Am Mine - Brisbane, Australia, November 10 2006
    7. Unthought Known - Berlin, Germany, June 30 2010
    8. Rearview Mirror - Perth, Australia, November 25 2006
    9. The Fixer - Boston, MA, USA, May 17 2010
    10. Nothing As It Seems - Adelaide, Australia, November 22 2006
    11. In Hiding - San Francisco, CA, USA, July 18 2006
    12. Just Breathe - MSG 2 2010
    13. Jeremy - London, Canada, September 12 2005
    14. Public Image - Venice, Italy, July 6 2010
    15. Spin the Black Circle - Hamilton, Canada, September 13 2005
    16. Porch - Buenos Aires, Argentina, November 26 2005
    17. Alive - philly 4 2009
    18. Yellow Ledbetter - Berlin, Germany, June 30 2010
    [/quote]

THANKS!
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    tremors wrote:

Can you please explain with more details how your "turntable is currently set up for getting the most out of 60s and 70s records"?
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    YAY! I won LoXL on the radio here in NZ last night!
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=147438
    Like I said in my thread last night (but just wanna join this thread now that I'm almost officially a LoXl owner ;) ) I gotta admit I wasn't actually gonna but it just atm as all my spare cash is going towards going to Oz to see EV in March but I know I would've ended up going out & buying it so YAY little bit of extra $$ towards Oz now!!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    jmk wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Can you please explain with more details how your "turntable is currently set up for getting the most out of 60s and 70s records"?

Well it has a 'sprung' platter, which makes it quite sensitive in the sound to minor changes (the way it was designed, even the position of the lid (open, closed, half open) makes quite a difference to the sound, which is just one way of affecting the tone) and the sound and tone can vary quite a lot depending on different settings - when set up how I like it - with the adjustment of the springs in the platter, and the antiskating and counterbalance settings a particular way - it tends to suit a lot of the 60s and 70s music I listen to, because you start to get a 'resonance' - which I can also amplify by the position of the speakers from the wall. So set up like this, albums like Harvest or Moondance start to sound superb. When I play more modern issues I sometimes have to adjust the settings again - so recently I had to make some adjustments to get the Clash Live as Shea stadium reissue sounding as good. I try to settle on a happy medium that gets the most out of most of the music I listen to - but certain records don't always suit the setup. I can do certain things to compensate, like 'clamping' them to the platter with another gadget that comes with the turntable, opening or closing the lid, or adjusting the counterbalance weight a bit - but I am loathe to do this too much.

• Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,153
    Was the vinyl supposed to come with a digital download code? Mine didn't. Thanks for the help.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    morello wrote:
    YAY! I won LoXL on the radio here in NZ last night!
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=147438
    Like I said in my thread last night (but just wanna join this thread now that I'm almost officially a LoXl owner ;) ) I gotta admit I wasn't actually gonna but it just atm as all my spare cash is going towards going to Oz to see EV in March but I know I would've ended up going out & buying it so YAY little bit of extra $$ towards Oz now!!!
    That's cool! Congrats. :)
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Was the vinyl supposed to come with a digital download code? Mine didn't. Thanks for the help.
    I don't know about "supposed to" as it was never advertised that it was going to. But sure enough, the Ten Club e-mailed out download links to the mp3 version for free to those who pre-ordered the LP.