Options

ORIGINAL SETLISTS for sale for charity & signed tambourine

Comments

• Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    what do all the different numbers, names and line breaks represent on the setlists?
  • Options
    pm'd again :D
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,562
    bump to keep this up top. good luck paul and keep up the great work!
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,882
    Thank you Paul!
    What a great opportunity!! I hope luck is on my side again!! :D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Mcam55 wrote:
    what do all the different numbers, names and line breaks represent on the setlists?

I'm not sure. I would also love to hear the answer. All of the writing is for which guitar will be used I think, or which mic levels to adjust?

Would love clarification for that too.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    Hey All,

Just wanted to ring in about this awesome charity.

I was lucky last round to be the high bidder on the 2006 San Diego Set list. My favorite show of my ten show run that year.

When it arrived I was amazed at how awesome the set lists are. They are a copy of the original that is hand written, BUT they are fully inscribed with tons of additional notes in the original tech's hand. I framed both sheets and they look awesome.

The only better way to cherish the memory of an amazing show beside listening to it, is to gaze up on the wall and see the Set List, Poster, and Ticket stub.

I've also attached my original Journal entry about the show on the back of the frames.

Will be a kick ass keep sake that gets passed down to the next generation.

Thanks Paul for the great opportunity!

Good luck everyone, bid early and often as all money goes to an awesome charity!

- Nathan Wilds

wow thanks Nathan, cool story and nice to know the setlists have been appreciated and displayed

a little known fact about Pj setlists is that they are always copies on stage...I say always - perhaps the odd one slips through onto the stage, but normally the bands archivist writes out eddies set list, and the original is copied so many times for each member and then the original is stored for safe keeping....

so what you have here are stage used originals - like nathan says annotated for a particular band member by the techs

EDIT: Will try to get some pics up when I get home.

sorry this all got a little muddled before....

wow thanks Nathan, cool story and nice to know the setlists have been appreciated and displayed

a little known fact about Pj setlists is that they are always copies on stage...I say always - perhaps the odd one slips through onto the stage, but normally the bands archivist writes out eddies set list, and the original is copied so many times for each member and then the original is stored for safe keeping....

so what you have here are stage used originals - like nathan says annotated for a particular band member by the techs
  • Options
    Mcam55 wrote:

Let me get the answer ;)
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

Let me get the answer ;)

hmmmm its a thinker, we are not clear on this at all....interesting question though, can anyone else help?
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    each set list is different for each show ... EDs tech gets one ..and writes shit all over it ... Mikes tech gets one and writes shit all over it .. and so and so .. its just a heads up to what guitar is next .. or what levels on the Mics are for each song....

they write the setlist once make about 50 copies then hand it out to guest/ techs and soundboard and what not.... just so everyone is one that page
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    i myself have three different setlists from MSG 1 this year... one i got straight from the person who made the coppies .. then i got one from Rick (eds guitar tech) and found one back stage that night on the floor .... each one is different from the next with different notations on it

so in return the SONGS are just copies.... the other notes on the page are original .. that is how you can tell if you have a COPY OF A COPY or the real thing
  • Options
    one more thing ......

if the INK of the songs match the INK or shades of the notations ... all you got is a copy of someone elses set list ... the toner ink and a "sharpie" are not the same
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    One question I just thought of. Will there be more then one set list for each show offered? Just wondering if this a one shot deal or if there will be several set lists from each show.
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    each set list is different for each show ... EDs tech gets one ..and writes shit all over it ... Mikes tech gets one and writes shit all over it .. and so and so .. its just a heads up to what guitar is next .. or what levels on the Mics are for each song....

they write the setlist once make about 50 copies then hand it out to guest/ techs and soundboard and what not.... just so everyone is one that page

So this might be an impossible question to answer, but given what is written, could you, or anyone else, figure out who each setlist was for?

Check mine out, was this for Mike, Stone, Jeff, Boom, the mic guy?

sandiego.jpg
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    one more thing ......

if the INK of the songs match the INK or shades of the notations ... all you got is a copy of someone elses set list ... the toner ink and a "sharpie" are not the same

And yeah, that checks out for mine. The setlist is photo copied, the notations is in original sharpie, and there is an M after the first song written in pencil.
  • Options
    78FLH wrote:
    One question I just thought of. Will there be more then one set list for each show offered? Just wondering if this a one shot deal or if there will be several set lists from each show.

It is just one set list per order.
  • Options
    I understand it is one set list per order. I didn't phrase my question right.
    What I meant to ask was this. How many set lists are being auctioned for each show. Is there more then one available for each show?
    Hope this is clearer. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    78FLH wrote:
    I understand it is one set list per order. I didn't phrase my question right.
    What I meant to ask was this. How many set lists are being auctioned for each show. Is there more then one available for each show?
    Hope this is clearer. Sorry for the confusion.

If it is the same as last time, Its one per show. But there are a few that say two copies on the list. Same as if it says no encore, the encore list for the show is not included, just the main set.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I appreciate the help. I was just trying to see what my odds of winning a bid would be
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    i myself have three different setlists from MSG 1 this year... one i got straight from the person who made the coppies .. then i got one from Rick (eds guitar tech) and found one back stage that night on the floor .... each one is different from the next with different notations on it

so in return the SONGS are just copies.... the other notes on the page are original .. that is how you can tell if you have a COPY OF A COPY or the real thing
    I had luck the last time and even got the original song list. So no copy in this case. 8-)
    One hand will wash the other!
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:

So this might be an impossible question to answer, but given what is written, could you, or anyone else, figure out who each setlist was for?

sandiego.jpg

my guess... it would have to be the soundboard or the BOOTLEG people..... cause each name next to the songs is them doing the back up vocals... I THINK..
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:

sandiego.jpg

Cool.

my guess... it would have to be the soundboard or the BOOTLEG people..... cause each name next to the songs is them doing the back up vocals... I THINK..
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    Bump for a great cause, just don't overbid me :D
  • Options
    right, thats all the PMs replied to

thanks for the influx of bids so far

good luck to all, and keep em coming
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    Wilds wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:

sandiego.jpg

I do believe mine was Matt's drum tech set list. It has the songs highlighted where Matt's vocals need to be up, and it says "Toms" on it a couple of times, so I believe it was referring to his kit.

Also, mine has white-out on it (believe it or not), and the sharpie is distinguishable for the photo copier ink...

My theory on the lines in the setlist is that they are marking to points where there is a planned break for a few seconds to allow change overs and Ed to talk. If you compare the setlist to the bootleg, it coincides...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,882
    joe2468 wrote:

I had luck the last time and even got the original song list. So no copy in this case. 8-)

Same here! 8-)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    bump it up. :D
  • Options
    pm incoming. Bump. for a great cause!
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • Options
    Just had a fire drill bump. :)
  • Options
    2 weeks to go ;)
  • Options
    Just wondering what the average selling price was on the last set list auction. I have a feeling I may have way under bid. :(