good god that looks just horrible
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    rival. wrote:
    That's my question too. The two guys, Ben and Allen (??), wanted to take over the prison. Maybe after they were kicked out they decided to do it. Although doing it in the middle of a firefight with people with automatic weapons doesn't seem very prudent. Plus, I would not think they have the resources to corral the walkers in the truck, although I guess that wouldn't be too difficult.

yeah, they definitely did not have the resources (let alone the truck) to corral the walkers like that. i imagine the truck was one of the vehicles used by the governor's gang to transport the walkers from where they used to capture them and bring them back to the fighting pits.

the other group is probably hunkered down in the prision until rick comes around. i don't think hershel or glen would have let them walk off... they both know how valuable they would be to have around.

I thought that was crazy letting them leave. But hopefully you're right and someone else talked to them and just told them to hang tight somewhere. But they sure could have used them in the gun fight.... I guess...... like somebody said before they can shoot moving walkings in the head with ease, but all of them seem to have trouble shooting a living breathing person. They waste a helluva lot of ammo.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    anybody see Warm Bodies? :roll: :lol:

I've been curious but not interested enough to spend money to see it at this point.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • anybody see Warm Bodies? :roll: :lol:

its does look bad.. atrocious in fact. But a good candidate for your joke movie next year! ahh, maybe not, it doesnt even look stupid funny.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • anybody see Warm Bodies? :roll: :lol:

I've been curious but not interested enough to spend money to see it at this point.

I do admit though, there looked to be a few funny parts in the trailer, but it was the voice over, which I assume is limited in the full lenght movie. "We have almost conversations.." :lol: ..when he bumps his zombie buddy and they grunt at each other..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Laurie Holden (woman that plays Andrea) tweeted this:

Laurie Holden ‏@Laurie_Holden
    Oh @davemorrissey64....you better keep that one eye of yours open....

I hope that means that she kills/hurts/sabatoges him. But it could mean that Rick and company will be gunning for him.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Just watched it.
    Good episode, but that gun battle was ridiculous! It reminded me of an 80's action drama like the A-Team or Knight Rider...lots of shooting, but nobody ever gets hit! :fp:
    Both sides had high power rifles with large clips....a 2 year old would have been able to take out the guy in the tower. Someone needs to tell Maggie to use the damn scope! :fp:

Anyways, it really looked like a chick was driving that zombie truck, but I really doubt it was Andrea. What I don't get...
    The Governor and his small team of gunmen, take out Axel and get into a large gun battle against the prison, then leave. Um, what is the point? Are they trying to lure Ricks group out and actually want them to attack Woodbury? Seems like the Governor is putting a lot of innocent people in the line of fire if that's his true plan.

I understand that a writer/director/whoever explained that Tyrese's group left the prison....
    I'm sorry, but you simply can't leave that out of the damn episode! Since when do you rely on a post-show explanation to fill plot holes? :fp:

I really hope Rick snaps out of it soon! Not only does the group need him, but I really think the show needs him. While it supports character development of the other cast members, I think it's really slowing things down.

I'm interested to see how Merle's presence pans out. I wonder if he's at the point where he realizes he has NOTHING left, including his own brother, so he'll be a little less of a dick. It'll be interesting to see how Glenn and Maggie react to him. I do think hell be important for any counter assault on Woodbury...
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    mca47 wrote:
    Just watched it.
    Good episode, but that gun battle was ridiculous! It reminded me of an 80's action drama like the A-Team or Knight Rider...lots of shooting, but nobody ever gets hit! :fp:
    Both sides had high power rifles with large clips....a 2 year old would have been able to take out the guy in the tower. Someone needs to tell Maggie to use the damn scope! :fp:

Anyways, it really looked like a chick was driving that zombie truck, but I really doubt it was Andrea. What I don't get...
    The Governor and his small team of gunmen, take out Axel and get into a large gun battle against the prison, then leave. Um, what is the point? Are they trying to lure Ricks group out and actually want them to attack Woodbury? Seems like the Governor is putting a lot of innocent people in the line of fire if that's his true plan.

I understand that a writer/director/whoever explained that Tyrese's group left the prison....
    I'm sorry, but you simply can't leave that out of the damn episode! Since when do you rely on a post-show explanation to fill plot holes? :fp:

I really hope Rick snaps out of it soon! Not only does the group need him, but I really think the show needs him. While it supports character development of the other cast members, I think it's really slowing things down.

I'm interested to see how Merle's presence pans out. I wonder if he's at the point where he realizes he has NOTHING left, including his own brother, so he'll be a little less of a dick. It'll be interesting to see how Glenn and Maggie react to him. I do think hell be important for any counter assault on Woodbury...

Character development should happen at the start of the season. It's the 10th episode. So far this half of the season has been a serious disappointment. I really wish the whole Woodbury thing would go away. I know that probably doesn't jive with the comic, but what the hell is happening to the world around this little corner of it?!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    how did one of the governor's men get on the tower? wasn't it inside the prison?

Tyreese's group left when Rick started freaking out, seeing Lori and yelling at them/her to go away so it made sense to me that they weren't in the episode..
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    rival. wrote:
    So anyone think that was that Andrea driving the van?

i thought this as well. and thinking about it more today, maybe that was her way of "saving" the group from the governor's ambush. it broke up the fire fight, the governor and his men drove away pretty much right after. and andrea knows the group can handle the 15+ walkers on their own, but not a fire fight in which they were pinned down in.

maybe a stretch, but there isn't a question in my mind that the driver was female.

thought crossed my mind for a second, but no way! Probably just one of his cronies.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    anybody see Warm Bodies? :roll: :lol:

i saw it two weeks ago. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. There were some good parts, some bad parts and some funny parts. Probably best to rent it went it comes out on DVD/blu-ray though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    anyone do the dead yourself thing yet? I had a blast....

deadyourself_zps49f781d3.jpg
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Glad to see Daryl standing up to Meril. Put that turd in his place.
    My butt itches!
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

i "zombified" my cat :lol:

600453_10200708797141723_458183561_n_zpsd1b5b1ec.jpg?t=1360542023
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mca47 wrote:
    Just watched it.

people keep ragging on this gun fight. walkers are easy to hit as they are slow moving targets who don't try to avoid the shot. humans do.

Tyrese's group not being around in this episode should not have to be explained. it's part of the mystery of the show. they won't be gone for long. Tyrese is a huge part of the comic, apparently. a couple of people not being in one episode really isn't something we should be freaking out about. this has happened SEVERAL times in the series.

I think this assault caused Rick to snap out of it. He now realizes the group is under siege and needs him again.

the governor's assault was to show rick and his group how powerful they are, and how vulnerable rick's group is. remember, the governor has gone off the deep end a little himself since michonne killed penny and woodbury has crumbled out of it's utopia.

the governor doesn't care about innocent lives. he's a socio/psychopath.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    mca47 wrote:
    Just watched it.

people keep ragging on this gun fight. walkers are easy to hit as they are slow moving targets who don't try to avoid the shot. humans do.

Tyrese's group not being around in this episode should not have to be explained. it's part of the mystery of the show. they won't be gone for long. Tyrese is a huge part of the comic, apparently. a couple of people not being in one episode really isn't something we should be freaking out about. this has happened SEVERAL times in the series.

I think this assault caused Rick to snap out of it. He now realizes the group is under siege and needs him again.

the governor's assault was to show rick and his group how powerful they are, and how vulnerable rick's group is. remember, the governor has gone off the deep end a little himself since michonne killed penny and woodbury has crumbled out of it's utopia.

the governor doesn't care about innocent lives. he's a socio/psychopath.
    Soooo...
    The fact that none of the gun battle made sense...not a problems with you?
    Carol hiding behind Axel's body as he got shot 20+ times by a high powered rifle...? Those rounds would have gone through both of them. Wearing a jacket, sure...but without....dumb. Rick, Hershel not getting shot? :fp: Maggie with an automatic rifle and Carl with a 9mm both shooting at an unprotected guy in a tower....and missing 30+ shots? The Governors crew missing Rick, Hershel laying in the grass not moving. Michonne, Maggie, Carol, Carl,....whoever else becoming bullet dodgers? They laid down 200+ and nabbed Axel? :fp:
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

i "zombified" my cat :lol:

600453_10200708797141723_458183561_n_zpsd1b5b1ec.jpg?t=1360542023

Haha the stupid stuff that keeps me entertained!! Love the kitty!!

As for the gun fight, I thought it was a bit much myself. no way would all those rounds go into Axel without hitting Carol. she would have been shredded.
    Also, with all those bullets flying from the Gov, the dude shooting at Rick and the guy in the tower, they would have all been toast. In TD they explained it was the Governor giving his warning about their fire power and how they could take the prison if they wanted to, not so much about killing them all. So in that regard it makes sense, there was a lot of firing but just the one kill. Still have the issue with Carol tho....that was just too much.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    This episode was pretty solid imho.
    Outside of Tyrese's group not being explained i have no complaints

not all shows can be the wire. I started liking more tv when i came to that conclusion :corn:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • mca47 wrote:
    Soooo...
    Carol hiding behind Axel's body as he got shot 20+ times by a high powered rifle...? Those rounds would have gone through both of them. Wearing a jacket, sure...but without....dumb. Rick, Hershel not getting shot? :fp: Maggie with an automatic rifle and Carl with a 9mm both shooting at an unprotected guy in a tower....and missing 30+ shots? The Governors crew missing Rick, Hershel laying in the grass not moving. Michonne, Maggie, Carol, Carl,....whoever else becoming bullet dodgers? They laid down 200+ and nabbed Axel? :fp:

I think people are missing the bigger picture here. this may have been the work of a psycho just playing mind games. he may have INTENDED to only kill Axel and leave the rest. Remember, they had no problem killing that group of military guys in a matter of seconds with a well orchestrated ambush.

why bring in all those walkers? because he's playing games with them. he's torturing them. he's enjoying it. did you see the look of utter pleasure on his face when the van drove through? the guy is NUTS.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mca47 wrote:
    Soooo...

I think people are missing the bigger picture here. this may have been the work of a psycho just playing mind games. he may have INTENDED to only kill Axel and leave the rest. Remember, they had no problem killing that group of military guys in a matter of seconds with a well orchestrated ambush.

why bring in all those walkers? because he's playing games with them. he's torturing them. he's enjoying it. did you see the look of utter pleasure on his face when the van drove through? the guy is NUTS.

That's the only way to logically explain the horrible gun fight. But, the only reason to do that is to draw out the battle over multiple episodes. I mean, as nuts and sadistic as some one is, they would still take out any threat when they had a chance, instead of just wasting thousands of rounds of ammo to play games.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • That's the only way to logically explain the horrible gun fight. But, the only reason to do that is to draw out the battle over multiple episodes. I mean, as nuts and sadistic as some one is, they would still take out any threat when they had a chance, instead of just wasting thousands of rounds of ammo to play games.

I disagree. I think the governor is having too much fun with his playthings, and doesn't want the game over yet.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    don't know how long a cat and mouse storyline can go on with the two groups before it gets pretty stale, but rick should lure the governor and his men into the prison and lead them down a corridor/wing in which they know is full of walkers that they never cleared out and just lock them in.

rick's group has the advantage inside the prison. they know the lay out, they have the keys to all of the cells and cell blocks, and all the food.
    and the governor should get special treatment. he should be locked in and left for dead in the walk in refrigerator that the prisoners were using as a toilet :twisted:
  • That's the only way to logically explain the horrible gun fight. But, the only reason to do that is to draw out the battle over multiple episodes. I mean, as nuts and sadistic as some one is, they would still take out any threat when they had a chance, instead of just wasting thousands of rounds of ammo to play games.

I disagree. I think the governor is having too much fun with his playthings, and doesn't want the game over yet.

They also showed a clip of next week with Merle talking to Hershel, Merle basically said the same thing, how the Governor when he comes is going to kill them slow and in order, saving Rick for last so he can watch his whole family die
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

They also showed a clip of next week with Merle talking to Hershel, Merle basically said the same thing, how the Governor when he comes is going to kill them slow and in order, saving Rick for last so he can watch his whole family die

that's right, forgot about that.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    zombie sheets!

Zombi-nevresim-takimi-300x199.jpg
  • rival. wrote:
    zombie sheets!

:lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    rival. wrote:
    zombie sheets!

:o But so cool.
    Zombies + Bacon =The Walking Ched Burger
    Zombie-Burger.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    This behind the scenes video answers some of our questions and criiques.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/spoilers-the-making-of-episode-310-home-inside-the-walking-dead