THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    its gotta be the blood....if humans get walkers blood in them..boom walker

shane killed the kid with the blade..which def. killed a walker

same with rick at the end

airborne is gonna be too much imo ,but the blood works
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493

he broke the kids neck but daryl used his blade to torture the kid so that's probably where the exposure came from
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    conman wrote:

he broke the kids neck but daryl used his blade to torture the kid so that's probably where the exposure came from

ok missed that neck break..but boom knives were in him :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    conman wrote:

ok missed that neck break..but boom knives were in him :lol:

they didn't actually show it..you just hear it happen...

i think i'm going to miss Shane..who else is going to run head first into a tree?
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Here is the link for the Timeline thread in a Walking Dead message board.

http://www.roamersandlurkers.com/topic/252-timeline/
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    conman wrote:

it's going to be airborne. those two cops had nary a scratch on them.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    conman wrote:

it's going to be airborne. those two cops had nary a scratch on them.

Agree. I predict that's what the CDC guy told Rick in the season 1 fianle...that everyone is infected and would become a zombie when they died.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Jenner said it could take hours for some people to change after dying.

That's true.

When they were at the CDC and Jenner showed them the imaging sequence of his wife's transformation _ she died, then you saw brain activity, then the bullet entering her skull... I think there was some kind of timer on the image, and the impression I had was that her transformation took a few hours or thereabouts.

And when Andrea's sister Amy was bitten and died, didn't she transform the next morning?

Shane was BOOM dead and BOOM undead. (Maybe he was always "quick" and that's why Lori was happy to see Rick back on the scene.) :o

But I digress...

Maybe the virus has mutated to the point that it's not only infected everyone, but is now working far more rapidly.

I had the same thought. I couldn't remember clearly from the season 1 finale, but I thought Jenner told the computer to fast forward to the next event, which was the zombie brain activity. Shane turned immediately probably just for dramatic effect.

Here's another thing I noticed--In the previous episode Carl had dropped the gun in the swamp, but he had it early in this episode. Did he run back to the swamp, unarmed, to get it?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    kwdaley wrote:
    Looks like this means that the prison will be up next (hopefully, next season with Woodbury and the Governor too). Shane was killed off in the graphic novel too, only by Carl who shot him and then Rick went back to his grave and zombie Shane clawed his way out of it, only to be killed off by Rick. So looks like everything is back on track concerning the books (Darabont said that the show would follow the books pretty closely and there would be some deviations the story only to come back on to the path).

Darabont isn't working on the show anymore though, he was fired by AMC, so the vision for the show may also change.
  • Options
    Here's something I don't get. Shooting Shane was apparently like ringing the dinner bell for the walkers, brought all of them down on the farm. How come shooting Dale last week didn't draw any attention? Or during the mid-season finale when they fired off dozens of rounds killing all the barn walkers. How come that didn't draw the walkers?

I noticed that too, but maybe the herd wasn't near the farm during those other gunshots.
  • Options
    I think we can assume it wasn't always airborne. Otherwise all those dead people in the cars would have become zombies. Maybe it mutated after the initial outbreak. Or maybe as the number of zombies increased the air became more polluted with their zombie cooties, I don't know. But at one point in the outbreak it was possible to die and not come back, but not anymore.

I figured the dead people in the cars were catatonic zombies. Like the pilot episode, the soldier in the tank.

Just waiting to wake up.

Over the weekend I read an interview with an executive producer where he said the people in the cars didn't turn into zombies because they had brain damage caused by the car accidents. I'll see if I can find the article when i get home.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Better Dan wrote:
    Here's something I don't get. Shooting Shane was apparently like ringing the dinner bell for the walkers, brought all of them down on the farm. How come shooting Dale last week didn't draw any attention? Or during the mid-season finale when they fired off dozens of rounds killing all the barn walkers. How come that didn't draw the walkers?

I noticed that too, but maybe the herd wasn't near the farm during those other gunshots.

It seemed to me- when Shane died that herd of Zombies was already behind them in the woods/field, much closer than they were before. Could be they were already moving in that direction.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Better Dan wrote:

It seemed to me- when Shane died that herd of Zombies was already behind them in the woods/field, much closer than they were before. Could be they were already moving in that direction.

Yeah, or it could have just been bad timing, a herd happened to be passing by close when the gunshots went off. I didn't really think it through a lot before I asked. I was just thinking about all the noise they've made on that fucking farm, then all the sudden 2 gunshots (I believe Shane fired one off as he got stabbed) brings down a horde on their asses.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    They still haven't gotten into the cause in the comics. But the series has definitely shifted from the comics with the last few episodes. But the virus is definitely "in" everyone, so when you die, even if you aren't bit, you turn. Makes for some interesting consequences that I'm curious to see how they play out later on down the line.

A bit of venting about the recent episode (finally watched it last night). How the hell did Carl sneak out of the house? And manage to find where Shane/Rick had walked to so easily? With the amount of walking in the woods that Shane/Rick had done, showing the "clear path" back to the house at the end struck me as a dodge. Otherwise, great episode although I was hoping that someone would put Dale's hat back on. I thought it would have been a good nod to the comics have Andrea put it on when she was trying to start the RV.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    kwdaleykwdaley Posts: 499
    Better Dan wrote:
    kwdaley wrote:
    Looks like this means that the prison will be up next (hopefully, next season with Woodbury and the Governor too). Shane was killed off in the graphic novel too, only by Carl who shot him and then Rick went back to his grave and zombie Shane clawed his way out of it, only to be killed off by Rick. So looks like everything is back on track concerning the books (Darabont said that the show would follow the books pretty closely and there would be some deviations the story only to come back on to the path).

Darabont isn't working on the show anymore though, he was fired by AMC, so the vision for the show may also change.

yeah, I know but the idea remains there. Ultimately, it's the producers (and not to mention Kirkman) who will provide direction for the series.
    Ottawa 2011
    London 2013 "The Dundas Hookers on Crack" Show
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    merkinball wrote:
    With the amount of walking in the woods that Shane/Rick had done, showing the "clear path" back to the house at the end struck me as a dodge.

Yeah, that had me scratching my head too. They've been trekking around in the woods for a while presumably, and they wind up in a pasture a few hundred yards in front of the house? From a secrecy standpoint it wasn't a very good place for Shane to do his super-secret execution, right in the eyeline of the house where people are probably looking out with binoculars and shit.

As for how Carl got out and found them. I'm done trying to figure out how that kid is allowed to run wild. If Carl pulled up in front of the house tomorrow driving a school bus loaded down with strippers and beer I wouldn't bat an eyelash.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    merkinball wrote:
    With the amount of walking in the woods that Shane/Rick had done, showing the "clear path" back to the house at the end struck me as a dodge.

Yeah, that had me scratching my head too. They've been trekking around in the woods for a while presumably, and they wind up in a pasture a few hundred yards in front of the house? From a secrecy standpoint it wasn't a very good place for Shane to do his super-secret execution, right in the eyeline of the house where people are probably looking out with binoculars and shit.

As for how Carl got out and found them. I'm done trying to figure out how that kid is allowed to run wild. If Carl pulled up in front of the house tomorrow driving a school bus loaded down with strippers and beer I wouldn't bat an eyelash.
    :lol:
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    What does everyone think of this season? I think it has really gone downhill. I enjoyed the first season a lot, but this season they are spending a lot of time trying to strengthen the characters and really doing a poor job of it. I'm not expecting the show to be Mad Men or The Sopranos with regard to writing and characterization, but it seems like they are trying to make it that way and failing. The whole prisoner storyline just dragged and was stupid to begin with...why save the guy and then kill or let him go? Just leave him there in the first place! They need to get off that farm.

Why do I keep watching, you ask? Honestly, I'm not sure. I find myself checking the time left on my DVR'd copy a lot and hoping for the end. Part of me hopes it will get good again (though I doubt it, I think Darabont had a lot to do with it being good) and another part of me watches because it has entered the "so bad it's good" arena.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rrivers wrote:
    What does everyone think of this season? I think it has really gone downhill. I enjoyed the first season a lot, but this season they are spending a lot of time trying to strengthen the characters and really doing a poor job of it. I'm not expecting the show to be Mad Men or The Sopranos with regard to writing and characterization, but it seems like they are trying to make it that way and failing. The whole prisoner storyline just dragged and was stupid to begin with...why save the guy and then kill or let him go? Just leave him there in the first place! They need to get off that farm.

Why do I keep watching, you ask? Honestly, I'm not sure. I find myself checking the time left on my DVR'd copy a lot and hoping for the end. Part of me hopes it will get good again (though I doubt it, I think Darabont had a lot to do with it being good) and another part of me watches because it has entered the "so bad it's good" arena.

seems like it is picking back up....just in time for a cliff hanger
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    rrivers wrote:
    They need to get off that farm.

That's what I think of the season. The search for Sophia, and then the farm has dragged on way too long. The threat posed by Zombies has been been very muted this season, forcing the characters to turn on each other. While it's an interesting dynamic to explore, it shouldn't take the forefront for a whole season.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    "STRIPPERS YOU SAY!? I CAN MAKE THAT HAPPEN!"

Carlcarousel-290x290.jpg
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Walking-Dead-Carl-Supervised-1331530224.jpg
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    kwdaleykwdaley Posts: 499
    Season 3...

zombies-zombies-strippers.png
    Ottawa 2011
    London 2013 "The Dundas Hookers on Crack" Show
  • Options
    merkinball wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    They need to get off that farm.

That's what I think of the season. The search for Sophia, and then the farm has dragged on way too long. The threat posed by Zombies has been been very muted this season, forcing the characters to turn on each other. While it's an interesting dynamic to explore, it shouldn't take the forefront for a whole season.

I agree. It should be an interesting dynamic to explore, but I don't think the writers or the actors have the chops to make in interesting. I'm fine with that though. It's a zombie show! Show me some mother-effing zombies!!!

Sorry for the Shane fans out there, but I am really glad he is off the show. I found the actor to be really annoying. I think he had a quota for a certain number of times he had to rub his head every episode. That was his default acting technique to display anger, frustration, guilt, hunger, happiness, and jealousy.

With the strippers coming, I am excited for Season 3!
  • Options
    Walking-Dead-Carl-Supervised-1331530224.jpg

:lol::lol:

"world's least supervised child."
  • Options
    I love how we have been referring to a group of walkers as a "herd". :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    I love how we have been referring to a group of walkers as a "herd". :lol:

That's how they called in the comics :ugeek:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    I hope it is ok to ask this, but does anyone who does not have AMC know of a way to watch current Walking Dead episodes without visiting a seedy website that might damage my computer? We are looking at cutting our cable package down, which means we will lose AMC (but we will be paying $25/month vs. $70). If I absolutely have to, I can wait for DVDs, but if I could stay up to date, that would be awesome.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    I hope it is ok to ask this, but does anyone who does not have AMC know of a way to watch current Walking Dead episodes without visiting a seedy website that might damage my computer? We are looking at cutting our cable package down, which means we will lose AMC (but we will be paying $25/month vs. $70). If I absolutely have to, I can wait for DVDs, but if I could stay up to date, that would be awesome.

itunes, you can buy the whole season for $23 or $3 an episode.